September 23, 2014 | 1530 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by alyssavalle21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ocean Salt is a great exfoliater and skin brightener! I use it about once a week because its so potent (and also because it's on the pricey side). I've recommended this to many friends and they love it! Definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by orangepillow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Always been a huge fan of Lush, and turns out many years ago I bought a tub of Ocean Salt being completely taken in by its Margarita-like smell and left it in my mom's house before even using it once! Mom's skin transformed when she was using Ocean Salt, it brought out a certain brightness that was never there before.

So a couple of months ago I picked up my own tub of Ocean Salt, and I just love it! I use it every Thursdays (not more frequently because its definitely very potent) and nearly every weekend people tell me that my skin looks amazing! I have always had combination skin and the oil + dryness combo comes in the way of bright skin. But this product brings out a glow and gives a good spring cleaning after a week's worth of cosmetic use.

I want to address the controversial ingredients because this seems to be the reason for some bad reviews:

1. Salt : You know why Salt-water gargling works wonders for a sore throat? Because Salt dehydrates the bacteria that is causing infection and it "starves" them. It doesn't exactly kill the bacteria but it weakens them. This is exactly what Salt in the scrub does - its naturally abrasive, but also naturally anti-bacterial! No wonder it makes my spots dry up so fast.

2. Vodka : Alcohol has been used for centuries to sanitize - this is also anti-bacterial and works real well paired with the salt. Again, this is perfect if you have oily or combo skin with intermediate to extreme breakouts. Yes it will dry out your skin a bit, but heck that's what moisturizer is for!

3. Blue food coloring : Did you know that Candy, Gummies, Cheetos and all other colorful treats have food coloring in them ? This is the stuff you ingest at least once a week. Yes, it would be nice if Lush did not use synthetic dyes in their products, but if you think about it, you are not ingesting this product. It goes on your face, stays there for 30 seconds and washes off. Seems far safer than eating a pack of M&Ms.

One tip: if you have cystic acne use Lush Fresh Farmacy (which will dry out the cysts) and after that you can use Ocean Salt once a week to maintain. This has been my routine for sometime and it really works. Both products are drying, so use them with a good light moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:13:00 PM More reviews by AGeron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This product is amazing! I needed a good body scrub and this one just brightens my skin. I didn't really use it on my face because I'm already using a mask that exfoliates and didn't want to over do it. The smell alone sold it for me, it just smells heavenly. I'm a big fan of Lemon based scent and it stayed with me throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by lipstickandleather

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

as for the smell, it's amazing. this scrub has a very energizing lime scent and reminds me of a tropical vacation. i bought the smaller container, which didn't last very long. i would go with the bigger one, even though it is expensive.

as for a body scrub, it works pretty well. the only thing i wish though is that it was "grainier", if that makes sense. i like scrubs that really exfoliate, and while this one did a decent job, i feel like there was only so many "chunks" of scrub in there. at the bottom of the pot it was just the cream with barely any salt in it. there are better scrubs out there, but the smell of this one alone just makes me want to buy it again because it's that good

do not use it on your face! too harsh for a face scrub. i prefer let the good times roll.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by HelloBrittney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think it's very difficult to review LUSH products because despite a product sharing the same ingredients store to store, they are all prepared by different workers and I've never had two pots of this scrub that are the exact same in colour or texture or anything of that sort, though they all have been excellent quality.

Saying that, I may be extremely lucky compared to a lot of other reviewers.

I have sensitive skin, and this is actually the only scrub that helps tone down the oil on my face without being harsh (perhaps the vodka base?). I've only ever had fine salt (no chunks) and a very nice balance of citrus and perfume. Personally, I adore this product. I use it twice a week in the mornings and it makes my skin feel soft, super clean and look glowy.

I do agree with other reviewers though. For something with such basic ingredients, the price is a bit steep, but well worth it in my opinion.

I often have a problem with LUSH pots though, the lids don't always screw on correctly and if I ever keep them in the shower, I manage to get a fair amount of water in them even if they're closed.

Important note: IT SMELLS SO GOOD.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by glockgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this last week...i used it once and i broke out...it burns and i am very sorry i wasted my money....definitely not for me

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this in the little sample pot LUSH provides. I wanted to like this so much ( as with all LUSH products- but they just don't do It for me ) it looked really scrubby so I just used it on my shoulders where I have so mild acne. Thank god I didn't use this on my face !! It was SO scratchy and smelled weird . I used it for about a week and noticed my shoulders had much more acne . Big red inflamed pimples I don't usually get there. Your skin would have to be tough as boots to put this on your face and I wouldn't recommend as body scrub either-another LUSH disapointment

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by laurenfaine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really love Ocean Salt. I adore the scent (it smells like a margarita!!) and I love how exfoliating it is. I never used this on my face because it's too harsh of an exfoliant, but used on my body it is perfection. I really like to use it on my legs before shaving. My only complaints are that the salt and citrus can sting if you have any cuts on yours hands or body, and it's really expensive for something I could easily make at home with salt, olive oil and lime juice. It's not something I buy all the time because of the price but it's a nice treat :)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by jdilan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was given a sample during one of my visits at Lush. I am so happy I did not buy this! it has a very harsh texture! If you have sensitive skin, please stay away from this stuff. I would definitely not recommend this to anyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Seaofcity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know where all these great reviews for this product are coming from. I can imagine one would like this if they have never used an exfoliator in their life and this was their first one.

This was recommended by the manager at my local lush store for my husband who has very sensitive skin. I don't know what he was thinking, this stuff is harsh. He tried it and said he felt like his face was on fire. So I gave it a go. It's heavily perfumed.. does not feel good on this skin, makes it very warm and feels like it's burning. I came out of the shower and my face was beat red. I'm going to use the rest of this on my legs because it is NOT good for your face. Extremely abrasive and not good for sensitive skin.

Smells good though.