December 19, 2014 | 1474 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by MariahGabrielle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with Ocean Salt, hands down. The smell is divine, it's like you're on a beach with a nice margarita in your hand. The scrub has a top layer of larger more coarse salt and then smaller more fine salt mixed in. I find this works best if before use you stir the contents that way you get an even amount of the larger and smaller salt. It is quite abrasive but I love a tough exfoliater. And with a light hand and soft rubbing motions it works great on the face. I find it does burn a bit especially when I have a breakout but that could be from the vodka infused properties. It brightens and leave the skin feeling so smooth. The only downfall if I had to pick one would be the price point. A small jar for around 23. But it works so well it's worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by bradfordnat1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fabulous product. The only thing is that I can only use this during certain time (like when my skin is oily). It's so refreshing and just feels so nice. I will buy this again, but it is expensive so it's best used sparingly. It's almost $20 for a small container so it is worth it, but only for special occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by emjanetemp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product costs around $20 for a fairly small jar of facial scrub, when I first received the scrub the amount of scrub you get for the price is kind of deceiving. After using this product my views changed completely, I was 100% happy with my purchase and did not regret it at all, in fact I would definitely purchase this again! Some people find that it is too rough to use on your face and use it as a body scrub, but I find that if you just scrub very lightly is isn't too harsh on your face at all and it removes all my my dead skin, I really enjoy the texture of this scrub, it also makes my skin feel SO soft afterward. On top of all of this it has a great smell which I really enjoy. You only need to use a small amount of scrub so it will last you very long (unless your using it as a body scrub). Overall a great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by MeliMelzxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

AMAZING! My holy grail product! I have the worst acne prone skin (I'm 25 and still have acne) nothing and I mean NOTHING has ever worked (neither prescription acne creams, antibiotics or drugstore items). This completely cleared my skin up within a WEEK of use! This product is not targeted for acne, is actually more just an exfoliator however the sea salt, fresh vodka infused lime juice and other various ingredients are wonderful for treating acne! I use a hand held face brush from sephora to scrub my face with this! Leaves it smelling so fresh, feeling super soft and mostly acne free! I've repurchased 3 times and will continue to use! I recommend this to anyone who has problem skin like mine, anyone who loves exfoliators and anyone who loves a fresh super clean, soft cleansed face :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Jennitilling

It's great for before showering because it's fairly abrasive and you can use it on your face for dry patches or just to clear dead skin! It's not good for sensitive skin but it doubles as a facial and body scrub so you could use it on your legs or arms

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I'm torn about Ocean Salt. On the one hand, I *love* that way it smells, and I do like how my skin feels after using it. However, I was hoping the scrub would be a little saltier. It's just not quite as scrubby as I like my scrubs to be! And it's hella pricey. So while I may buy it again for the divine price, it's not something I feel like I always want to have on hand.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by azottl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love most of my LUSH products, but was a little disappointed by this product. Firstly, the price you pay for the product is excessive for the amount of product you get. The brand claims that this is a face and body scrub. If you were to use this to scrub your legs, for example, you could essentially use half the pot in one use. With that being said, the scrub does work well when used as a body scrub - it sloughs any dry skin easily and brightens the appearance of your skin.
Secondly, I would not recommend this product to use as a face scrub. It is way too gritty to be used on delicate skin - it feels rough and burns afterwards, even if you rub gently. If you insist on using this product as a face scrub, use a very small amount and rub lightly. However, it does leave your skin looking fresh and polished, but again, if you insist on using it, I wouldn't recommend using it more than twice a week.
The scent is reminiscent of a margarita with a small hint of sea salt. The scent is quite strong, so I would not recommend using this if you are sensitive to smell. Overall, the product is not necessarily bad, but for the reason listed above I would not repurchase the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Beautylover90

I love lush but find some of their products a little hit and miss. This scrub i don't use on my face because i find it a little too harsh ( and i have mildly tolerant skin) but i love to use it on my upper back and chest, where i get constant acne. This scrub along with a benzoyl peroxide cream and spot treatment keeps my acne manageable. This is the only product thats harsh enough to clear the acne without leaving the skin dry and flaky, like a benzoyl peroxide wash can. I think it smells lovely and citrusy fresh. A lot of people complain about the size of the salt chunks and i mean, it is salt people! Its not going to be like rubbing fluffy white clouds on your face! But if you find it too harsh just use it on your body like me or mix it with water and rub it gently into your face. I personally love the pots but i agree its very expensive for what it is. Im on my second pot and will continue to purchase unless i find something cheaper thats just as effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by lulu6789

I bought this scrub on my last LUSH visit, however when I got to the till and I heard the price for a small pot of face scrub, me and my friend stood there with our mouths open because we were shocked at how expensive it was. I had high hopes for this because of the price. When I opened it I loved the smell and I stirred it until I got a good consistensy but the blue colour sort of faded. When I applied it to my skin I slowly rubbed it round and after about a minute it did begin to sting but that's because of the salt. Afterwards my skin was as soft as a babys bottom and it had a bit of a glow. Some of my spots dried up but I only used it once so I'm not sure about the long term affects. So far so good though!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by alyssavalle21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ocean Salt is a great exfoliater and skin brightener! I use it about once a week because its so potent (and also because it's on the pricey side). I've recommended this to many friends and they love it! Definitely worth it!