LUSH Ocean Salt

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis), Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Stearic Acid, Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Cetearate, Triethanolamine, Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata), Glycerine, Lanolin, Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 10/13/2014 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Ocean Salt is a very nice body scrub but it's package indicates that it is for face and body. That said, although I liked the product and I love the smell I cannot use it on my face because it contains some pore clogging ingredients that cause me to break out. It has a thinner consistency than most scrubs I've used, which didn't make me like how it worked any less but it does mean you go through it faster. The amount of body scrub you get and how long it lasts for the price is a little high.
If I got this as a gift in the future I'd be happy or if it were on sale I may purchase it again for the smell but it didn't work any wonders to make me want to rush out to buy more.

on 9/19/2014 9:25:00 PM

I use a small amount of this when my face is broken out with allergies, or itchy with small sores. I know salt on an open wound sounds bad, but it acts as an antiseptic and clears things up for me. Occasional use only on my face. Like 2X a month. I do not use oily things in the shower cuz they are horrible to scrub out of the tub!

on 9/14/2014 12:03:00 AM

Amazing product! It's a bit on the pricey side but I really do think it's worth the money. I've tried other body scrubs and they honestly dont compare to this at all! It smells wonderful and leaves your skin feeling baby soft. I don't recommend using it on your face, though. From my experience and my family and friends' experiences, it actually made our skin break out...

on 9/10/2014 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got a regular sized pot of this on my last LUSH outing and thought I'd try it out since I am a huge fan of salt and sugar scrubs. On first opening the tub, my immediate thought was wow, this smells good. If you've ever been to a cocktail bar and ordered a citrus vodka mix with a slice of lemon and rosemary, Ocean Salt is exactly like that but in a tub. Really gorgeous and fresh. Using it was unfortunately a different story. The amount of salt in the scrub was a little lacking, leaving my skin feeling a little oily, as if I'd just been rubbing a lotion on it. This also gets used up VERY quickly due to the fact that it doesn't have a thick texture. If you used this every day sparingly, I predict that it would last less than two weeks. If that. Kind of disappointing considering the price.

on 9/10/2014 4:59:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

They call it A vodka infused cocktail for bright, fresh skin - I call it the Number One skin smoother and refresher. Reason? This mixture of coarse and fine sea salt scrub with organic lime juice and avocado butter not only chases away any dead skin (think feet, knees, elbows) but shines and softens.

Methinks the combination of sea salts is one reason why it isnt at all abrasive as are some other scrubs. After all, if I wanted sandpaper Id go to a hardware store. Somehow this scrub from Lush cleanses thoroughly (were saying totally clean!) and pampers at the same time.

Just scoop out as much or as little as you want and scrub all over wet skin then rinse off. There! Didnt I tell you so? Just a tiny amount is needed if youre doing your face ( teaspoon for me).

on 9/10/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

ok idk why but when i first bought this i wasn't nuts about it, i wasn't that into the smell etc...anyway fast forward>> my hubby goes out of town and takes all the body wash so I'm "stuck" with this...i used it for a few days when i realized i could still get a whiff of my ocean freshness deep into the day! then i found myself craving it and before long every shower was paradise! i adore this stuff i literally use it from my feet to my face, its soooo versatile! you will feel and smell soooo clean and it makes every shower feel like a spa day!

on 8/25/2014 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I picked this up a few weeks ago on my first lush haul. I heard it was amazing and needed to give it a try! I've used it twice so far. The first thing I've noticed is that it is very exfoliating; almost too exfoliating. I wouldn't recommend using this more than once a week. Used sparingly, this stuff is awesome, it does a great job at removing dead skin and cells, leaving your skin buffed and smooth. It smells lovely like the ocean; and Includes all natural ingredients, as do all lush products! I would probably purchase this again, if the price were to go down just a bit.

on 8/24/2014 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This scrub is ah-mazing. The ocean salt granules provide a deep and extremely cleansing scrub that leaves my face feeling baby smooth, and glowing too. The texture of the scrub is rather coarse (I therefore would steer clear for those with sensitive skin), which I love because it gets rid of all my pesky dry patches, and cleanses my pores too. Even though it is intensely exfoliating I don't ever fell dry afterwards because of the creamy, hydrating base. My skin is normly/combination though...those prone to dryness might not experience this. It smells lovely and fresh too, and is an absolute joy to use. It is quite pricey, and for that reason I'd definitely recommend asking LUSH for a sample before buying, but more than worth it. This scrub is an 11/10 for me =)

on 8/10/2014 11:48:00 AM

I'm currently on my 5th pot of this! It is amazing, a gentle yet effective scrub. It makes my combination skin smooth and removes any oils. It smells good and removes dead skin, leaving your face feeling great!

on 7/29/2014 3:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this ocean salt and have used it every other day in the face. I let it stay on for about 10 after I scrubbed the face. I think my skin looks fresher after I started using ocean salt.