July 30, 2014 | 1916 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Pure-Clean

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Nylemaj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this product, I wouldn't really like to listen to these other reviews- and I generally don't, to be honest. But with this shampoo, it smells so great, believe me, I could rave over the smell. A lot. This *is* a cleansing shampoo, as someone pointed out, so it's not to be used daily. I generally use this most of the time, however, and my hair is healthier than ever. I have no clue how the conditioner is, because I always use a damage control conditioner that really rejuvenates my hair, and that's probably why I haven't experienced the dryness that many users get, even with my basically always use. So, if you plan on using this as an always shampoo- just get a good damage control conditioner, maybe. I have no clue how it'll work with your hair, so don't hold me accountable, but really, it seems to work just fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2012 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

With other clarifying shampoos I've tried, my hair felt squeaky clean albeit dry. This product only made my hair feel like it had massive product buildup (similar to how your hair would feel drenched in hairspray), greasy, and completely tangled. My hair became a nightmare to brush through even with using the conditioner and it looked flat.

I had to throw this out completely as even the occasional use wasn't worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by zahpphire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I REALLY didn't like this stuff at all. I mean, maybe it would've been fine to use it once in a while to really clean out that hair. But I'm someone who needs their hair to be clean every other day. So this dried out my hair like CRAZY even with the conditioner. I will definitely not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Morganox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This shampoo made my hair fall out, a lot. The smell is great sure and it's "pure" or whatever they're saying but it just made my hair fall out way more than usual. The packaging was also terrible it was hard to open and i always pinched my fingers. Not happy.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by nikadee1992

I was very excited to try this product.. mostly because of the smell. I was very disappointed because this product left so much residue on my hair. I washed my hair very good.. like I always do. I had the absolute worst hair day the day I used this. I ended up giving the rest of it to my husband since he was a big fan of the smell.

Overall, no.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by MissMargarita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo. It does a great job of thoroughly cleaning my hair. I don't care for the conditioner of this line, though. I use this shampoo with a different brand conditioner and I get great results. No waxy, weighed down feeling with this stuff--just clean, soft, beautiful hair!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Markella1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

People, this is a CLARIFYING shampoo!! YOU ARE NOT supposed to be using this everyday!!!!!
That's why most of you don't like it!!! It strips your hair from any oil, residue and generally build up! That's its job! Of course it will drive your hair and scalp nuts if you use it every time you shampoo! You should use this- according to your hair and skin type - from once every two weeks, to once a month!
If you do that, then it's a perfectly fine clarifying shampoo with a good price and a nice smell! :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by SamIAm2197

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First started using this when I was away for the weekend and forgot my shampoo. I really liked the shampoo I had at home so I bought this because I didn't think I'd be using it again and I saw that it was 92% biodegradable so thought I'd do some good for the earth.

It's OK, I guess. Nothing amazing. Hair feels clean after washing it, but I wouldn't recommend using it every day because it may make your hair dry and brittle. The only thing that really bothered me about it was the smell. When I put it on in the shower, it smelled great, but after my hair dried it had this weird after-smell that I really didn't like. Everytime I moved my head a certain way I would smell it. I just sprayed some perfume or hairspray on my hair and it went away, so it was easy to get rid of. But I won't be repurchasing simply for that reason.

I love the shampoo I have now, and gave the rest of this bottle to my little brother (he has long hair for a guy) who doesn't really care about what his hair smells like. He'll probably continue to buy it just because if you don't really care how it works/smells, then why not choose something biodegradable?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by springdrop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am so glad I found this. Every single shampoo I tried before made my hair feel gross just a few hours after I washed them. I used to have to wash my hair every other day, with this I can go up to three days without washing and that's great, because I was almost resigned to the fact that I would have to keep destroying my hair like that.
And this is coming from someone who used to hate every single shampoo and conditioner from Garnier. All the others just make my hair dirtier, instead of washing them. Or they made my hair fall off like crazy.

The fact that my hair is dyed and that I have never used the same shampoo and conditioner twice after my bottles ran out (except for this, I'm on the third bottle in a row already) has probably something to do with how well it works for me, but who knows.

For such a small price it's really good.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by dvlbny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am UBER picky about my personal products. Top concern is smell, second sulfates. This smells nice and does not have a strong lasting odor that would interfere with your preferred daily fragrance. (Loreal has a sulfate free shampoo that is supposed to smell like herbs but actually smells disgusting.)

I have curly/wavy hair and will not use silicon based products (greasy) and require sulfate free soaps/shampoos. I have a hard time finding a shampoo that will clean, without drying my hair and scalp out and not look dull or weigh my hair down. THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT! I use both the conditioner and shampoo and love them both. LOVE IT!