Garnier Pure-Clean

2.8

I really don't know whether I should buy this product again or not. I bought the shampoo and conditioner duo, and I like the packaging and the smell of both. The clarifying shampoo really does the job and works well for my hair. But the conditioner is CRAP. It doesn't detangle at ALL and is a complete waste of money. Undecided about this product, to tell the truth.

on 2/20/2013 4:50:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

So surprised by all the bad reviews! I've been using this in combination with the conditioner for just over a month and love it. I can go 3 days without washing and my hair still feels and smells clean (I have thick curly hair so too frequent washing is a bad thing). Even got a compliment on how healthy my hair looks. :) Best of all is that my seborrhaic dermatits (dandruff and irritated facial skin) haven't returned since beginning to use this product....can't say 100% this shampoo/conditioner is the reason but I'll keep using them until proven otherwise!

on 1/5/2013 4:38:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I actually really like this product, I wouldn't really like to listen to these other reviews- and I generally don't, to be honest. But with this shampoo, it smells so great, believe me, I could rave over the smell. A lot. This *is* a cleansing shampoo, as someone pointed out, so it's not to be used daily. I generally use this most of the time, however, and my hair is healthier than ever. I have no clue how the conditioner is, because I always use a damage control conditioner that really rejuvenates my hair, and that's probably why I haven't experienced the dryness that many users get, even with my basically always use. So, if you plan on using this as an always shampoo- just get a good damage control conditioner, maybe. I have no clue how it'll work with your hair, so don't hold me accountable, but really, it seems to work just fine.

on 12/9/2012 8:17:00 AM

With other clarifying shampoos I've tried, my hair felt squeaky clean albeit dry. This product only made my hair feel like it had massive product buildup (similar to how your hair would feel drenched in hairspray), greasy, and completely tangled. My hair became a nightmare to brush through even with using the conditioner and it looked flat.

I had to throw this out completely as even the occasional use wasn't worth it.

on 11/28/2012 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I REALLY didn't like this stuff at all. I mean, maybe it would've been fine to use it once in a while to really clean out that hair. But I'm someone who needs their hair to be clean every other day. So this dried out my hair like CRAZY even with the conditioner. I will definitely not repurchase.

on 9/25/2012 9:37:00 PM

This shampoo made my hair fall out, a lot. The smell is great sure and it's "pure" or whatever they're saying but it just made my hair fall out way more than usual. The packaging was also terrible it was hard to open and i always pinched my fingers. Not happy.

on 9/5/2012 12:56:00 PM

I was very excited to try this product.. mostly because of the smell. I was very disappointed because this product left so much residue on my hair. I washed my hair very good.. like I always do. I had the absolute worst hair day the day I used this. I ended up giving the rest of it to my husband since he was a big fan of the smell.

Overall, no.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this shampoo. It does a great job of thoroughly cleaning my hair. I don't care for the conditioner of this line, though. I use this shampoo with a different brand conditioner and I get great results. No waxy, weighed down feeling with this stuff--just clean, soft, beautiful hair!

on 9/3/2012 4:01:00 AM

People, this is a CLARIFYING shampoo!! YOU ARE NOT supposed to be using this everyday!!!!!
That's why most of you don't like it!!! It strips your hair from any oil, residue and generally build up! That's its job! Of course it will drive your hair and scalp nuts if you use it every time you shampoo! You should use this- according to your hair and skin type - from once every two weeks, to once a month!
If you do that, then it's a perfectly fine clarifying shampoo with a good price and a nice smell! :)

on 9/2/2012 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

First started using this when I was away for the weekend and forgot my shampoo. I really liked the shampoo I had at home so I bought this because I didn't think I'd be using it again and I saw that it was 92% biodegradable so thought I'd do some good for the earth.

It's OK, I guess. Nothing amazing. Hair feels clean after washing it, but I wouldn't recommend using it every day because it may make your hair dry and brittle. The only thing that really bothered me about it was the smell. When I put it on in the shower, it smelled great, but after my hair dried it had this weird after-smell that I really didn't like. Everytime I moved my head a certain way I would smell it. I just sprayed some perfume or hairspray on my hair and it went away, so it was easy to get rid of. But I won't be repurchasing simply for that reason.

I love the shampoo I have now, and gave the rest of this bottle to my little brother (he has long hair for a guy) who doesn't really care about what his hair smells like. He'll probably continue to buy it just because if you don't really care how it works/smells, then why not choose something biodegradable?