October 25, 2014 | 1481 users online

Liquid - Mary Kay - Time Wise Matte Wear Liquid Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by katesophie98

I love this foundation . I wanted to find a foundation that was close to or as good as my mac studio fix fluid but a little cheaper and matched me a little better, as nc15 is still a little dark and a bit too yellow for me. I really do love the studio fix fluid but as i have fairly oily skin and it left me blotting every few hours . So I needed something that controlled my oil, left me with as good coverage as the studio fix fluid and a better colour match.

I got a few samples to try out and find my colour, and I really wasnt expecting too much from it . When I tested out ivory 3 , it was a perfect match . It blended so well and it covered just as good as my studio fix fluid . I didn't need to blot all day and
It looked just like how I applied it 8 hours before . Defiantely my HG foundation for now !

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Cydney7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If only there was a shade of this foundation that matched my skin better this would be my favorite foundation! They discontinued my favorite foundation (Medium coverage) and I thought this would work better but it's really not my shade :-(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by myrasays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do not break out anymore, not since I was about 19-20 (I am now 23). I used to have cystic acne. The long and short of this product is that my cystic acne returned after using this product for approximately 2 months (thankfully not with a vengeance). As soon as I erupted, I blamed other sources- I cycled through my daily routine of products to figure out the culprit and unfortunately I concluded it was this foundation ruining my skin.

I had a similar reaction when I used the luminous wear foundation - but returned that for the matte assuming the former was too oily for my skin. Wrong. It's just crap product/line (Sorry Mary Kay).

Cons - cystic acne, uneven skin, extremely enlarged pores (still trying to fix this one :-/), irritation & burning when applied near eyes, doesn't blend well, takes awhile to "set" into skin (I used to stand in front of the fan lol).

Pros - color selection, stays matte, smooth finish

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Simplicity310

This foundation did not work for my cystic acne skin. The coverage wasn't very natural in my opinion. My skin has improved after discontinuing use.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to sell Mary Kay, but do not anymore so this is not a biased review. I will stick with this foundation, I love it! I have extremely oily skin and have tried everything to control it. Mineral foundation (horrible for this oily of skin), Revlon Colorstay, Estee Lauder DW and DW light, Almay, MUFE matte velvet, MAC, Neutrogena, Clinique, Avon, Origins, Lancome, Elizabeth Arden, Merle Norman, etc. This foundation controls my oil better than all the rest. And it has great coverage and lots of colors to choose from. The colors definitely run light and each color has a different undertone to it so you really need to get matched (example: beige 2 is warmer with yellow undertones, beige three is much lighter with pink undertones). I recommend this foundation to people with very oily skin. I have combo/oily skin and just use a good moisturizer underneath and apply a heavier one to dry patches, which I would do with any foundation. I set my foundation with a cornstarch-based finishing powder (nothing controls oil better in my opinion). Do I get oily later in the day? Yes, because I have oily skin. NOTHING with stop my face from producing oil, but the combo of this foundation with my finishing powder keeps it at bay better than anything else I've tried.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by sampam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

VERY drying. I have acne-prone skin, and even on my oily t-zone this will stick to ANY dry areas. it looks very matte, but you can see each and every dry flake on your skin with this foundation. (My skin gets a bit dry with acne-treatments).

after about 3 hours my oil will start breaking thru, and then I have oily patches and dry patches on my face. its like a bad cocktail all mixed together on my face.

Wouldn't recommend this to anybody that has normal/dry or even combination skin.

and If you are to use it, make sure you use a good primer with this product.

all in all its just way too drying/matte for me. the coverage I would say is medium.

I don't think I would buy this product again... maaaaaybeee for the summer. We'll see:-P

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by lindsaymak10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really dislike this foundation. I have combination skin, which gets drier in the winter months. It's quite acneic as well. I've tried this with Rimmel primer and/or Smashbox hydrating primer. That's AFTER I slather on moisturizer. It doesn't sit well on the skin and doesn't cover up my breakouts (healed or otherwise). It emphasizes dryness and fine lines as well. Whenever I use this, I have to cake on a ton of concealer over the top of it. I hate the packaging because the foundation comes out so liquidy. The lighter tones seem to be extremely yellow based. It does NOT wash out of my makeup brushes. I use baby shampoo usually, but deep clean them with olive oil and Dawn about once a month. Nothing will take it off the synthetic hairs. I cannot speak to whether or not this gives me acne, I'm always having hormonal breakouts, so it's hard to pinpoint exterior culprits.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by sammraovich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is tricky. It is great if you know what you're doing, if not, then skip it. Let me explain. First off, this foundation is for oily skin. Most of us with Oily Skin also have very dry skin because we treat our skin to a lot of salicylic acid and glycolic acid to keep the pores clear of the oil turning into gunk. You should also be aware that just because you know you have oily skin, does not mean you have hydrated skin. Your skin could be extremely dried out even though it's oily. DO NOT CONFUSE OIL AND WATER. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING! So, before you use the talc based foundation, you MUST FIRST treat your skin to a steam session for 3 minutes to replenish your skin's moisture content. Remember, the talc in this foundation will pull water (and oil) out of your skin. Failure to put water back in your skin WILL CAUSE ACNE FROM IRRITATION! After your 3 minute steam treatment (and you should know not to steam your face too often, it can be irritating so be careful how long and often you do it), you must put on a very good moisturizer right away that will hold that water in your skin so it does not evaporate back into the air. I would say the Mary Kay Botanical Moisturizer formula 1 is very good to do the job. Then you are ready to apply this foundation, but not till you do these other steps first. Failure to do so, will result in this foundation not sitting pretty on your skin and will accent very dry patches of skin and make the flaky areas look even more noticeable and you will not look good. Before putting this talc based foundation on, put a squirt of the Mary Kay moisturizer in it to add some water and this will also help continue to keep skin moist. REMEMBER, WATER AND OIL ARE NOT THE SAME. So don't think just because you are putting in a moisturizer that this will clog your pores. It will not. Mary Kay's moisturizer are non-comedogenic. Try not to put too much of the product around your eyes, cause it can make wrinkles look more accented. Even if you do all these steps, and get results you like, it is a lot of time to do and you may just want to skip this product and get one that is more on the moisturizers side of things instead of a talc based product for foundation. Good luck.... I also would not use this foundation everyday. You could get break outs, so I would say just use it as a "Once in awhile" type make up. One final note, the Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation is even more drying and talc based than this one in the Timewise Collection. I would suggest to never use that one at all. Also, you need a soap that is specially made to remove a foundation, and the Mary Kay Deep Cleanser Formula 3 does an excellent job at removing all make up off the face, however that cleanser which was really GREAT, got discontinued by the Mary Kay company as of August 2013. What a shame. That same cleanser also got a "BEST" rating from Paula Begoun and Mary Kay's marketing team was not too smart to discontinue it! Gee! Don't they know when they've got a GREAT product when they got one? And then discontinue it????? GEE!!!!!!!!! Anyhow, use the eye make up remover for the eye liner and mascara first then use the Deep Cleanser. Just remember, after you wash off the make up at the end of the day, you may see white heads. This is normal because as you wear the foundation through the day, the talc in the product pulls the oil deep within the pore to the surface. Think of wearing the foundation as a mask. When you do a clay mask on your face and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes, after you wash it off, you almost always will see white heads because the clay and talc in a clay mask will pull the oil to the surface, and talc based foundation does the same. You can easily wash out these white heads by using a 2% salicylic acid soap on your face with a wash cloth and follow with a great moisturizer. You may want to consider buying the Mary Kay Clay Mask in the Botanical line Formula #3. It�s made for oily skin and I use it 3x a week. Again, all this work to get this foundation to look right may not be worth it. Just pass on it, but if you really wanna get it to work and look great, follow what I said, and Again, good luck...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am porcelain in most foundations, N3 in MAC, and Porcelain in Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. I wear Ivory 4 in this foundation and it's a great match. I'm actually very dry but love the finish of this better than the Luminous formula by far. This makes my pores look smaller and cancels out the rosacea redness in my face pretty well. What I love most is that I usually don't need powder over this unless I want to look more polished. It wears really well over sunscreen. I've tried Neutrogena Healthy Pure Sreen SPF 50 and La Roche Posay Anthelios SX. Both look good and have no complaints. Highly recommended for sensitive skin/combo skin or dry skin with moisturizer/sunscreen underneath.

Having said all of this, Estee Lauder Double Wear Light is still my HG, the finish is amazing and it wears beautifully. But the Mary Kay is a pretty close 2nd especially for the price difference.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

Overall, this is a ok foundation. I've used it mainly on my nose and chins where I have enlarged pores, and therefore don't use my EM makeup there...

This has a good light-medium coverage to me, and it does not enlarge pores too much. Compared to the older Mary Kay foundation (the medium-coverage for oily skin) this is more dry. The dryness easily makes every little dry flaw even more visible... I guess it contains some alcohol, or something else that's drying... It kept the oil at bay for a few houres, but "makes it hard to smile" cause it easily "cracks" on my face.... I guess I need a more moisturizing foundation for really oily skin?? Sounds weird, but I think my skin is very sensitive at the same time as I have acne and a dry surface ....

Anyway! If you have oily skin, I think you should find a sample of this - it's cheap and available in many shades and undertones. But if you have reactive, sensitive acne-skin - stay away from this.