August 23, 2014 | 951 users online

Fragrances - Origins - Ginger Essence

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

I tried this on in a department store. At that time it smelled just like a friend's "Yemeni tea" that she makes with added cardamom. I fell in love and experienced the usual 'have to have it' emotion that all perfumistas feel when they smell something that is both new and familiar at the same time.

I purchased it. Wore it a couple of times and now it smells different. Like HALLS HONEY LEMON COUGH DROPS!!! :-(

Not sure if it's the fragrance or my erratic body chemistry, but I would NOT repurchase. I'm already afraid of the bottle I have. This fragrance gets 2 lippies from me - 1 for being long lasting, the other for being unique. But who wants to walk around smelling like they have a cold all the time?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by pillager

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this scent on a whim after I finished my bottle of Aveda Yatra (the perfect scent, imho, but *expensive*). Ginger Essence is a more citrusy scent that should be applied well in advance of when you plan to go out since it starts out so strong. The overpowering initial smell gives me a bit of a headache and I get fewer compliments on GE than I do with Yatra. This is a good everyday, slightly out of the ordinary fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by indiawithinmyheart

Love this fragrance. It is light and subtle. Really does smell like ginger, but with notes of citrus and wood. My boyfriend and I both use it on a daily basis. I think it definitely can be a unisex fragrance. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 8:39:00 AM More reviews by al82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i do love the unique smell of this fragrance!
its citrusy and fresh and i love the ginger note.great for those days when u want to stand out from the crowd.
however apply with caution as its a strong scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 1:50:00 AM More reviews by asaksa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Incredible - THE BEST - Men and women give me compliments often! It has been my staple for years. My husband loves it!!! My kids even say something nice when I wear it. I enjoy the crisp and clean feeling when I wear it. I love ginger with the citrus. I layer Ginger Rush lotion for some warm spicy depth.I wore White Linen in my teens. I like crisp citrus, subtle white florals with a touch of spicy or a dry wood. I also love bergamot. Ginger Essence does not give me a headache like most scents. There is an "Intensified" version of this fragrance that last longer. It works on me as well. LOVE LOVE IT!

Top Notes-Bergamot, Orange, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime .
Middle Notes-Ginger, Nutmeg, Clove, Coriander, Violet Leaves, Jasmine .
Base Notes-Vanilla, Amber, Sandalwood.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2008 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Deltablue

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the clean, crisp smell of this cologne. And, the body lotion is very creamy.

I usually use this for my summer fragrance, but may use year round from now on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 7:16:00 AM More reviews by JClarke

I like this fragrance because it isn't your run of the mill fragrance that you seem to smell on everybody. It really does smell like ginger but in a subtle feminine way. Quite long lasting too but not overpowering. Pretty bottle that isn't too heavy to carry in your handbag (although I would prefer a cap that doesn't come off quite so easily).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by colorexpert2008

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you want a date, wear this - it's one of the longest known aphrodisiacs in human history - along with vanilla. I use the whole line, except for shedonism shaving mousse, and I love it, and my boyfriend won't stop smelling me. I have a lot of perfumes, but he likes this best. Also, price wise it;s cheaper than most, and the body products defenitely are better priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by balletflat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love Origins Ginger Essence! This is the only perfume I can wear without getting intense migraines or getting extremely sick! My boyfriend absolutely loves the smell also, which is an added benefit. After a few hours it settles into a somewhat musky grapefruit scent which still smells nicely. The bottle even looks very chic sitting on my bathroom counter. I love it but it is very expensive for my small budget.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Cymbaline

At first I loved the scent but after a while I became really tired of it. This doesn't happen to me with most perfumes so I think it's something about this smell.