Origins Ginger Essence

4.1

on 2/21/2009 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this scent is one of my favorites, i don't use it because it's my mom's "scent". i'm actually not a fan of ginger, but this scent just smells really nice and fresh! :)

Initially I really loved the smell of this product, I still do, but it seemed more pure when I smelt it the first time like a fresh cut ginger root. I sometimes apply it and it reminds me of playdough, I know that sounds funny, but sometimes it does. Other days it just smells fresh.
I like the scent because I love the smell of ginger, but I do not think anyone else can smell it on me. Not one person has mentioned the smell to me and Ive been wearing it for over 4 months now. I am happy it isnt too strong, but it would be nice to atleast be noticed with it. I know everyones body is differnt and scents mix differnt on everyone. I would buy it again because I just cant find another ginger scent out there that is this close to the real thing, otherwise I would give another brand a go.

on 12/20/2008 7:25:00 AM

Great fresh scent - it's unusual and I like it. Bought this today.
EDIT : Well, I am sorry I spent my money on this one. It drys down to a cheap handwash smell on my skin.I can't understand why this is so popular . The ginger heats up on my skin and then I get the soap smell . Nothing special ! Removed 2 lippies !

on 12/19/2008 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I tried this on in a department store. At that time it smelled just like a friend's "Yemeni tea" that she makes with added cardamom. I fell in love and experienced the usual 'have to have it' emotion that all perfumistas feel when they smell something that is both new and familiar at the same time.

I purchased it. Wore it a couple of times and now it smells different. Like HALLS HONEY LEMON COUGH DROPS!!! :-(

Not sure if it's the fragrance or my erratic body chemistry, but I would NOT repurchase. I'm already afraid of the bottle I have. This fragrance gets 2 lippies from me - 1 for being long lasting, the other for being unique. But who wants to walk around smelling like they have a cold all the time?

on 12/16/2008 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Bought this scent on a whim after I finished my bottle of Aveda Yatra (the perfect scent, imho, but *expensive*). Ginger Essence is a more citrusy scent that should be applied well in advance of when you plan to go out since it starts out so strong. The overpowering initial smell gives me a bit of a headache and I get fewer compliments on GE than I do with Yatra. This is a good everyday, slightly out of the ordinary fragrance.

Love this fragrance. It is light and subtle. Really does smell like ginger, but with notes of citrus and wood. My boyfriend and I both use it on a daily basis. I think it definitely can be a unisex fragrance. Love it!

on 11/12/2008 8:39:00 AM

i do love the unique smell of this fragrance!
its citrusy and fresh and i love the ginger note.great for those days when u want to stand out from the crowd.
however apply with caution as its a strong scent.

on 10/13/2008 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Incredible - THE BEST - Men and women give me compliments often! It has been my staple for years. My husband loves it!!! My kids even say something nice when I wear it. I enjoy the crisp and clean feeling when I wear it. I love ginger with the citrus. I layer Ginger Rush lotion for some warm spicy depth.I wore White Linen in my teens. I like crisp citrus, subtle white florals with a touch of spicy or a dry wood. I also love bergamot. Ginger Essence does not give me a headache like most scents. There is an "Intensified" version of this fragrance that last longer. It works on me as well. LOVE LOVE IT!

Top Notes-Bergamot, Orange, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime .
Middle Notes-Ginger, Nutmeg, Clove, Coriander, Violet Leaves, Jasmine .
Base Notes-Vanilla, Amber, Sandalwood.

on 9/30/2008 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love the clean, crisp smell of this cologne. And, the body lotion is very creamy.

I usually use this for my summer fragrance, but may use year round from now on.

on 8/11/2008 7:16:00 AM

I like this fragrance because it isn't your run of the mill fragrance that you seem to smell on everybody. It really does smell like ginger but in a subtle feminine way. Quite long lasting too but not overpowering. Pretty bottle that isn't too heavy to carry in your handbag (although I would prefer a cap that doesn't come off quite so easily).

Popular Fragrances