Shiseido Perfect Refining Foundation

3.7

Ingredients: Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 1.9%; Titanium Dioxide 4.1%; Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Nylon-12, SD Alcohol 40-B, Titanium dioxide, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Glycerin, Iron oxides (CI 77492), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Iron oxides (CI 77491), Polyglyceryl-2 diisostearate, Xylitol, Erythritol, Sodium Glutamate, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum hydraoxide, Aluminum distearate, Alumina, Disteardimonium hectorite, Iron oxides (CI 77499), Triethoxycaprylylsilane, PEG/PPG-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Polysilicone-2, Vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene glycol, Tocopherol, Zinc oxide (CI 77947), Mica, Dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate, Barium sulfate, Sodium metabisculfite, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Paeonia Albiflora Root Extract, BHT, Methicone, Dimethicone/methicone Copolymer, Tetradecene, Benzoic acid

on 8/12/2013 5:02:00 AM

This is one of the only foundations I've found to match my very pale skin, in I00. It gives me a nice coverage with only a very small amount of the product. If I don't use moisturiser first then it can get a bit flaky in some patches but I usually moisturise anyway so that's not really an issue. I usually don't wear foundation or only wear a tinted moisturiser, but this is good when I want a bit extra. Seems to last a long time, too.

on 8/2/2013 4:12:00 AM

Definitely not worth the money! Even when applied with the primer, it looked very streaky and cakey. Also, my skin immediately started getting really itchy, so I had to remove it right away. It is a good thing I tested it before purchasing!

on 4/25/2013 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I want to love it but I just can't find any reason to repurchase. It's too runny to work with. Soaks easy into any brush or sponge so I feel it's wasting product. Leaves a velvety finish but within 2 hours it has almost disappeared around the nose and chin! I don't think it perfects the skin at all. Gives a real "I've got foundation on" skin look. Actually has put me off the brand all together unfortunately! Boo! Waste of money!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This would be awesome for me if it were a shade lighter. I dont know why I dont see more buzz on this foundation in the beauty community. Remarkably good coverage for such a light weight formula. Very pigminted, while feeling almost weightless. Someone described this as "stretching" across the skin to cover scars and imperfections, while I have no scaring, I do agree, the texture seems to stretch across the skin minimizing and blurring problem areas. I apply this with the Shiseido Perfecting Foundation Brush, and the brush is spectacular as well. This foundation has a beautiful semi-matte finish, and imparts a subtle glow, while still looking very fresh and natural. The wear time is pretty good, around 6-8 hours as long as your skin isnt hyper oily. Really the only complaint I have with this foundation are the color choices. They all seem to run on the yellow side, even the I (netural) tones. Dont even try to choose a shade based on the names..they are all a variation on "ivory," yet none of them are ivory. The only one that comes close to an ivory color is the I00, and it's a tad yellower than most of the ivories I have seen. I am usually the lightest shade in most foundations, sometimes the second to the lightest if the range is extensive, and I can only barely pull off the I00 shade, and in fact, I could not wear this out in full sun light, its ever so slightly too dark, not even a full shade darker, but enough that you can see its not a perfect match in full sun. The packaging is also really nice. Very travel friendly, glossy black plastic, and compact. Dont let the size fool you, though quite small, it still holds 1fl oz, the same amount as most foundations. For my needs and wants, this is a pretty nice foundation. Wish it came in more shades and more varied tones, I think this foundation would be outstanding if more women could use it. I really love this stuff, and recommend it highly, just be sure to get a good color match before purchasing!

on 3/30/2013 5:53:00 PM

I have to say that I was sucked into the packaging a little bit with the minimalist bottle. It really is a small bottle compared to other foundation bottles, but it holds the standard 1 oz of foundation. The coverage is medium-full with very little needed to achieve it. Because of this the foundation has to be applied and pushed/sheered out since you only need a few drops at most for your entire face.

My skin is about NC25 right now with neutral to yellow undertones and I have combination skin with normal to oily T-zone and slightly dry cheeks. The 'O' range is way too yellow/orange so I tried the 'I' range that leans more neutral/yellow. I tried first the color I40 which seemed like a good fit but was in the end too dark, so I switched over to the I20. The I20 is a good fit, although, the perfect fit would be a bottle of I20 with a few drops of I40 mixed in. I have to say that the foundation does oxidize, and what initially looked neutral/yellow became a lot more pink looking on the skin.

Someone on the board said that this is a lot like Nars Sheer Glow but a little more drying and I agree. This creates a perfect semi-matte sorta glowy base, but has a tendency to cling onto dry flakes like the Nars Sheer Glow did on me. Because of the semi-matte finish, after it dries down, it looks powdery and dry on my skin. No, I don't think that it works well for my skin at all and makes it look obvious that I'm wearing foundation. Despite that, I can see this working for many normal to oil skins especially in the summer time if you don't have a problem with skin texture.

on 3/30/2013 8:47:00 AM

The sample I received was a bit too dark for me (even though the shade name "I40 Natural Fair Ivory" might imply a really light shade...that was a bit misleading for me), but I used it anyway. The finish was really mattified, but I didn´t like the look on the skin too much. It did provide coverage, but even when I applied it sparingly, I found it looked a bit cakey.

on 3/18/2013 8:09:00 AM

At first, it is a wearable product that provides a smooth, powdery finish upon application. But it doesn't last long, especially in tropical weathers. It's very soft, it should work fine in colder climates. Wont recommend to anyone in tropical countries.

on 2/26/2013 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have been using this foundation for a year and it is a HG item.

As others have said, you do have to work quickly and in smaller areas as it does set fast. I put a small amount on the back of my hand and use my Shiseido Foundation brush and stipple it over my face. Excellent coverage with great pigmentation. I have not had any transferring issues, this stuff stays put. I do use Cle de Peau concealer on the few spots the foundation can't hide.

I am getting dry skin as I get older, as long as I moisturize well before applying and a touch up much later in the day, this foundation lasts a good 6-8 hours.

I will be using this foundation for years to come.

on 2/7/2013 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Skintone: NC35
Color in this product: Ochre 40

This foundation is great for everyday use. Overall it has light-medium coverage but somehow it manages to cover scars really well. I have very oily skin and this is the only dewy finish foundation that I like. The wear is not very long lasting - 6-8 hours and redness peeks through - but the other benefits outweigh this one minor con.

About the shade. It's hard for me to find a color that fits my skintone because my skin is medium with warm tones. I use Ochre 40 which looks so light out of the bottle, but once blended the color blends into my skin pretty well!

This can be difficult to apply if you have the wrong tool. It dries really quickly and can look patchy if you don't blend fast enough. I use a stippling brush and apply with my fingers to one area, blend with the brush and continue allover, doubling up wherever i need it.

I love this for the winter but this will probably be too dewy for me in the summer. I've found that as winter fades I like to mix this foundation with my Revlon PhotoReady foundation. The textures mix really well and don't separate on me throughout the day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I have been using this foundation for over a month and I am loving it so far!I have combo/oily/acne prone (more on the oily side) skin. I find the finish to be "your skin but better" and the consistency is very liquidy but dries (very quickly) to a semi-matte finish. (I suggest doing one one section of your face at a time because it does dry that quickly.)
The coverage is medium in my opinion. I use the shade I40 and find it to be a perfect match. I love the packaging as well. Very light weight and since it's a plastic bottle it's very travel friendly. I do tend to get shiny within a few hours with any liquid foundation so I have to set this with a light layer of my Sheer Mattifying compact in I40, mostly just on my T-zone.
Coverage lasts all day, but I do have to touch up with a powder halfway through the day (that's just my skin though...if you're a more normal skin type, you may not have to).
So far I can report there have been no breakouts due to this product! yay!!! I will update with any changes but so far I am loving this and have had people compliment me with a "hey..your skin looks nice today!" so it must be good right?! hehe