July 23, 2014 | 2173 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by chris00111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a salon brand snob, but decided to try Dove to save some money.
Thank god I did.
My hair is long, thick, and I have a lot of it. I have wavy hair that I straighten often (i wash every other day). Needless to say, my roots are oily and my ends are DRY. Then i decided to ombre my hair and the ends became straw.
My salon shampoo/conditioner was way too drying, so i decided to try Dove. I tried the shampoo first and it was great. Then i bought the conditioner and switched to the CWC method (after getting a trim of course).
OMG. My hair is now fantastic! I use another conditioner first on the ends (i have like 3 different leftover bottles from other brands I was not satisifed with), then shampoo my scalp with the matching Dove shampoo, rinse, then use this Dove conditioner, let it sit, then rinse.
My hair is gorg. I love the smell, i love the way my hair feels, i just LOVE IT. My ends are no longer dry. I only need to use a straightening balm and some Moroccan oil and then i straighten. love it.
If i feel the need to clarify due to build up, i will do so (i still have that uber-drying shampoo). only time will tell. But for now (its been a week), i am happy!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by sjlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This conditioner is amazing. It's scent is pretty much identical to regular dove, just a little sweeter. It makes my hair seriously shiny. If you use it every day, it is possible that your hair will begin to get used to it and it won't work as well? I only use this on the weekends when I want my hair to be really soft and smelling nice for le boyfriend ha. I definitely recommend, especially since its pretty cheap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I really like this conditioner by Dove and I'm really happy I tried it. I had shied away from using Dove hair care for a long time because I always knew them as a brand that specialized in skin care and so they couldn't possibly make excellent hair care product too! But they do. I use this conditioner whenever I feel like my hair is looking a bit dull because it definitely makes my hair shine. This gives my hair nice moisture but not a whole lot- it definitely would not replace a conditioning mask. I use this mostly for shine as opposed to moisture. It is a really good conditioner and I have repurchased it and plan to again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by skeezicks_7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just hated this stuff. My hair was dull and unruly the whole time I was using it. It felt almost like it left a waxy film in my hair. It was slightly better than using no conditioner at all, and it's paraben free, which is why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1. I didn't use it with the matching shampoo, so maybe that's why it worked so poorly for me. May hair is dyed but minimally damaged and flat ironed regularly. So I'm still on the hunt for a better conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by tsurikichi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't really like this product.

During the first couple of days I loved it, cause it made my hair so soft and silky but after that my hair kept getting more dry than before! I stopped using it after a month and a half and went back to my tresseme conditioner and it made much better results than this dove conditioner.

I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by spicedchaiprincess

AMAZING. I discovered this conditioner thanks to reviews on here and I'm in love. I used to only buy high end conditioners and got frustrated when Redken reformulated their conditioners recently. I checked MUA and saw the amazing reviews for this. I would have never tried Dove hair products because I have always associated them with body wash. However this conditioner has changed my hair. My hair was dry and looked horribly damaged with other conditioners. I cant believe it only took $5 to restore my hair and to give it health. It makes my hair look healthy after almost a year of dry, rough hair. It makes my hair soft and makes \it smell incredible. If you are a fan of Dove's signature scent you will love this. I will definitely repurchase. HG <3

UPDATE: They changed the formula. Almond oil is now replaced by Argan oil. Unfortunately the new formula is not as good as the old. It makes my hair soft but still frizzy. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice rich conditioner. Compared to other drugstore conditioners it lasts much longer and moisturizer well enough. I

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by fredrica32

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good conditioner for my fine, wavy hair. Smooths, detangles, and moisturizes but doesn't weigh it down. I hated the original moisturizing shampoo so was afraid to try the conditioner but I'm glad I did. Already repurchased.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by joana7

Nice conditioner if you are on a budget. Leaves hair soft and detangled. But for some reason I just cannot tolerate its smell, which is the same smell of most "original" Dove products and lingers on hair ALL day long. I ended up getting rid of my half full bottle. But if you have dry hair and like the typical "Dove smell" this conditioner is for you!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by ajb1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

I am really on the fence about this product, which I tried with great anticipation after reading the glowing reviews here. It worked wonderfully to make my fine, curly and shoulder-length hair soft and shiny without weighing it down. But I CANNOT STAND the smell! It's that super-corporate, Unilever-brewed chemical fake-floral smell. Just...cheap and loud (not being a brand snob here--some very expensive products are equally obnoxious, of course). And unfortunately still very much evident, almost 24 hours after using it. What a disappointment. The bottle's too heavy to swap so I'll probably give it away. ): Or if I decide to keep it, will have to mix it with a few drops of MoroccanOil or something to try and mask the scent, though that might just make matters worse...
If you don't care about smell though, or happen to take to this one, Dove Nourishing Oil Care is a great if chemical-laden conditioner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No