September 16, 2014 | 1897 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by aclockworkrystn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

After completely frying my hair a little over 2 years ago and having to cut most of it off, I've been taking VERY good care of my hair. I recently started the process of going blonde again (I dyed my hair a dark brown after I chopped it), so I've been looking for products that will keep my hair at it's best. Since February, I've had 2 sets of foils and an all over bleach. Between these, I was using products like Ion Repair solutions and Joico KPak Revitaluxe. They were doing okay but I feel ultimately, were depositing too much keratin into my hair. I know too much protein isn't good for your hair, as it can make it feel brittle, so I decided to look for something moisturizing. After seeing this in Top Picks and reading the reviews, I went to go pick this up. I got to the store and it was marked down from $4.99 to $2.97 (so, cheap!). I got home and used it last night and WOW. I can't remember the last time my hair felt so good. Even when I was using Joico and Ion, my hair felt tangled and filmy when wet. Also, I air dry my hair and it would end up frizzy at the ends and infront of my ears and I would have to straighten it. I actually assumed the hair in front of my ears was too dry to fix because it always felt frizzy and course. But not after this stuff! My hair was soft and untangled after I rinsed and air dried beautifully! No frizz, even on the ends and in front of my ears. Didn't have to straighten any of it. I couldn't believe it! Definitely worth it, especially for the price. Will absolutely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by ExoticAlbino

Dove is AWESOME for haircare products. I am reviewing the Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner that's in the tube, not bottle.

I really loved Phillip Kingsley's Elasticizer intensive conditioner but for nearly $50 I just couldn't always afford it. This conditioner has been heaven sent because it preforms just as well on my. It is heavy, deep conditioning, & leaves my damaged hair tangle free after using a harsh clarifying shampoo.

For about $5, you just can't beat this. Other deep conditioners I'd reccommend are: L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm, & Neutrogena Triple Moisture Masque.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by festival

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dove really works, I'm loving it so far. It's been about 6 weeks since I've started using it.

Previously I used: Kerastase Nutritive line plus the Thermique. My hair started feeling dry & straw like, plus it became frizzy, because I wash & blow dry every day, & had some hightlights awhile back. I started searching for more conditioning products for my hair, going from the Kerastase Nutritive line to Aphogee to the Fakkai Tech. Color Care Line to the Kerastase Cristaliste line, then the 'It's a 10' line, then back to the Kerastase Nutritive line, because for my hair it was the best out of the bunch, so I had just re-purchased the shampoo & thermique, & was just about to buy the masqintense when I read a Dove review & went for it. I'm glad I did.

Now I'm using: Dove Nourishing Oil Care shampoo, Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner (bottle), alternating with the Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner (tube), then I put the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Leave-In Smoothing Cream (this step is a must for me) and if I need it, the Nourishing Oil Care Detangler, then before blow drying I use Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat-Tamer Leave-In Spray. I alternate with the Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo & Conditioner, plus the Daily Treatment Conditioner (tube).

I know everyone's hair is different, but Dove is working for mine. It's shinier & healthier than before & it got rid of the friz. Hopefully it will keep working. If it doesn't, I'll update.

{I don't have time to write separate reviews, so I'm using the same review for the other Dove products I mentioned}.

Update: Now that my hair is back in condition, it can be too nourishing, a little heavy if I use it too many days in a row, so I switch around. I use this when my hair gets dry again. I switch around a lot to Kerastasse, and Fekkai, and Aphogee. I think this did rescue my hair though, if you need a rescue I still highly recommend it, it saved my hair anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by chris00111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a salon brand snob, but decided to try Dove to save some money.
Thank god I did.
My hair is long, thick, and I have a lot of it. I have wavy hair that I straighten often (i wash every other day). Needless to say, my roots are oily and my ends are DRY. Then i decided to ombre my hair and the ends became straw.
My salon shampoo/conditioner was way too drying, so i decided to try Dove. I tried the shampoo first and it was great. Then i bought the conditioner and switched to the CWC method (after getting a trim of course).
OMG. My hair is now fantastic! I use another conditioner first on the ends (i have like 3 different leftover bottles from other brands I was not satisifed with), then shampoo my scalp with the matching Dove shampoo, rinse, then use this Dove conditioner, let it sit, then rinse.
My hair is gorg. I love the smell, i love the way my hair feels, i just LOVE IT. My ends are no longer dry. I only need to use a straightening balm and some Moroccan oil and then i straighten. love it.
If i feel the need to clarify due to build up, i will do so (i still have that uber-drying shampoo). only time will tell. But for now (its been a week), i am happy!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by sjlc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This conditioner is amazing. It's scent is pretty much identical to regular dove, just a little sweeter. It makes my hair seriously shiny. If you use it every day, it is possible that your hair will begin to get used to it and it won't work as well? I only use this on the weekends when I want my hair to be really soft and smelling nice for le boyfriend ha. I definitely recommend, especially since its pretty cheap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I really like this conditioner by Dove and I'm really happy I tried it. I had shied away from using Dove hair care for a long time because I always knew them as a brand that specialized in skin care and so they couldn't possibly make excellent hair care product too! But they do. I use this conditioner whenever I feel like my hair is looking a bit dull because it definitely makes my hair shine. This gives my hair nice moisture but not a whole lot- it definitely would not replace a conditioning mask. I use this mostly for shine as opposed to moisture. It is a really good conditioner and I have repurchased it and plan to again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by skeezicks_7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just hated this stuff. My hair was dull and unruly the whole time I was using it. It felt almost like it left a waxy film in my hair. It was slightly better than using no conditioner at all, and it's paraben free, which is why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1. I didn't use it with the matching shampoo, so maybe that's why it worked so poorly for me. May hair is dyed but minimally damaged and flat ironed regularly. So I'm still on the hunt for a better conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by tsurikichi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't really like this product.

During the first couple of days I loved it, cause it made my hair so soft and silky but after that my hair kept getting more dry than before! I stopped using it after a month and a half and went back to my tresseme conditioner and it made much better results than this dove conditioner.

I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by spicedchaiprincess

AMAZING. I discovered this conditioner thanks to reviews on here and I'm in love. I used to only buy high end conditioners and got frustrated when Redken reformulated their conditioners recently. I checked MUA and saw the amazing reviews for this. I would have never tried Dove hair products because I have always associated them with body wash. However this conditioner has changed my hair. My hair was dry and looked horribly damaged with other conditioners. I cant believe it only took $5 to restore my hair and to give it health. It makes my hair look healthy after almost a year of dry, rough hair. It makes my hair soft and makes \it smell incredible. If you are a fan of Dove's signature scent you will love this. I will definitely repurchase. HG <3

UPDATE: They changed the formula. Almond oil is now replaced by Argan oil. Unfortunately the new formula is not as good as the old. It makes my hair soft but still frizzy. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by uhlizubeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice rich conditioner. Compared to other drugstore conditioners it lasts much longer and moisturizer well enough. I