Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner

4.3

Water (Aqua) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Dimethicone , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Hydrogenated Coconut Oil , Behentrimonium Chloride , Fragrance (Parfum) , Mineral Oil , Lactic Acid , Dipropylene Glycol , Amodimethicone , Potassium Chloride , Disodium EDTA , Gluconolactone , Trehalose , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond) , DMDM Hydantoin , PEG-150 Distearate , PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether , Cetrimonium Chloride , Adipic Acid , Sodium Sulfate , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Red 33 (CI 17200) , Blue 1 (CI 42090)

on 6/30/2013 6:55:00 AM

I have very thick and very long hair. This product works very well for my hair. I do like other conditioners too, but this is one of my favorites (that is affordable) it makes my hair very soft and gets all the tangles out. This Dove conditioner works better then most other dove conditioners. It works better on my hair and is so much cheeper then Paul Mitchell.

on 6/29/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

this product review is not a WOW or BOO review. its a 'meh' review.

when it comes to hair care i am generally disappointed with most products i use.
i aim to find the best possible ingredients in a shampoo and conditioner for a small price, which is almost impossible on a budget! so i have to buy things that are cheaper and not always the best.
i HATE seeing shampoo with alcohol in it.. why?! it is so drying, which is what put me off this product. HOWEVER, whenever i have used Dove i have always liked the results so i purchased the shampoo and conditioner.
i am pleasantly surprised, i found the conditioner to leave my hair soft and shiny! i have fine hair, so using a substantial amount of it left my hair a tad greasy. it has a lovely scent and does make hair feel marginally healthier.
this way work more for those who have thicker hair or hair that is dry/ damaged.
it's not the best hair care product i have used, but i would re-purchase (if there was nothing else better on offer!)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Seriously impressed by this product! My hair is fried from highlights, I'm naturally raven haired and get my hair processed so it's a light blonde color, and it's damaged from all the bleach and chemicals. Like badly damaged, my hair was falling out in clumps and full of scraggly split-ends, not cute. My HG loreal repair mask wasn't cutting it anymore so I bought this on a whim to co wash with. Wow! In just one use, my hair has been restored to its shiny, frizz-free self. I'm not saying this product is a miracle by any means, but it's made a big difference in the overall appearance of my hair, it literally looked like a rats nest before using and now it's silky and smooth, love! If your hair is seriously damaged I recommend applying this to dry hair, rake it through with your fingers and cover with a shower cap for an hour..rinse it off in the shower and voila! Fresh smelling & shiny tresses..give this a try, it's cheap and works better than my previous love (Redken Heavy Cream) for less than half the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After completely frying my hair a little over 2 years ago and having to cut most of it off, I've been taking VERY good care of my hair. I recently started the process of going blonde again (I dyed my hair a dark brown after I chopped it), so I've been looking for products that will keep my hair at it's best. Since February, I've had 2 sets of foils and an all over bleach. Between these, I was using products like Ion Repair solutions and Joico KPak Revitaluxe. They were doing okay but I feel ultimately, were depositing too much keratin into my hair. I know too much protein isn't good for your hair, as it can make it feel brittle, so I decided to look for something moisturizing. After seeing this in Top Picks and reading the reviews, I went to go pick this up. I got to the store and it was marked down from $4.99 to $2.97 (so, cheap!). I got home and used it last night and WOW. I can't remember the last time my hair felt so good. Even when I was using Joico and Ion, my hair felt tangled and filmy when wet. Also, I air dry my hair and it would end up frizzy at the ends and infront of my ears and I would have to straighten it. I actually assumed the hair in front of my ears was too dry to fix because it always felt frizzy and course. But not after this stuff! My hair was soft and untangled after I rinsed and air dried beautifully! No frizz, even on the ends and in front of my ears. Didn't have to straighten any of it. I couldn't believe it! Definitely worth it, especially for the price. Will absolutely repurchase.

on 4/26/2013 3:43:00 PM

Dove is AWESOME for haircare products. I am reviewing the Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner that's in the tube, not bottle.

I really loved Phillip Kingsley's Elasticizer intensive conditioner but for nearly $50 I just couldn't always afford it. This conditioner has been heaven sent because it preforms just as well on my. It is heavy, deep conditioning, & leaves my damaged hair tangle free after using a harsh clarifying shampoo.

For about $5, you just can't beat this. Other deep conditioners I'd reccommend are: L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm, & Neutrogena Triple Moisture Masque.

on 4/25/2013 5:05:00 PM

Dove really works, I'm loving it so far. It's been about 6 weeks since I've started using it.

Previously I used: Kerastase Nutritive line plus the Thermique. My hair started feeling dry & straw like, plus it became frizzy, because I wash & blow dry every day, & had some hightlights awhile back. I started searching for more conditioning products for my hair, going from the Kerastase Nutritive line to Aphogee to the Fakkai Tech. Color Care Line to the Kerastase Cristaliste line, then the 'It's a 10' line, then back to the Kerastase Nutritive line, because for my hair it was the best out of the bunch, so I had just re-purchased the shampoo & thermique, & was just about to buy the masqintense when I read a Dove review & went for it. I'm glad I did.

Now I'm using: Dove Nourishing Oil Care shampoo, Dove Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner (bottle), alternating with the Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner (tube), then I put the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Leave-In Smoothing Cream (this step is a must for me) and if I need it, the Nourishing Oil Care Detangler, then before blow drying I use Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat-Tamer Leave-In Spray. I alternate with the Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo & Conditioner, plus the Daily Treatment Conditioner (tube).

I know everyone's hair is different, but Dove is working for mine. It's shinier & healthier than before & it got rid of the friz. Hopefully it will keep working. If it doesn't, I'll update.

{I don't have time to write separate reviews, so I'm using the same review for the other Dove products I mentioned}.

Update: Now that my hair is back in condition, it can be too nourishing, a little heavy if I use it too many days in a row, so I switch around. I use this when my hair gets dry again. I switch around a lot to Kerastasse, and Fekkai, and Aphogee. I think this did rescue my hair though, if you need a rescue I still highly recommend it, it saved my hair anyway.

on 4/12/2013 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I am a salon brand snob, but decided to try Dove to save some money.
Thank god I did.
My hair is long, thick, and I have a lot of it. I have wavy hair that I straighten often (i wash every other day). Needless to say, my roots are oily and my ends are DRY. Then i decided to ombre my hair and the ends became straw.
My salon shampoo/conditioner was way too drying, so i decided to try Dove. I tried the shampoo first and it was great. Then i bought the conditioner and switched to the CWC method (after getting a trim of course).
OMG. My hair is now fantastic! I use another conditioner first on the ends (i have like 3 different leftover bottles from other brands I was not satisifed with), then shampoo my scalp with the matching Dove shampoo, rinse, then use this Dove conditioner, let it sit, then rinse.
My hair is gorg. I love the smell, i love the way my hair feels, i just LOVE IT. My ends are no longer dry. I only need to use a straightening balm and some Moroccan oil and then i straighten. love it.
If i feel the need to clarify due to build up, i will do so (i still have that uber-drying shampoo). only time will tell. But for now (its been a week), i am happy!

on 3/24/2013 4:48:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This conditioner is amazing. It's scent is pretty much identical to regular dove, just a little sweeter. It makes my hair seriously shiny. If you use it every day, it is possible that your hair will begin to get used to it and it won't work as well? I only use this on the weekends when I want my hair to be really soft and smelling nice for le boyfriend ha. I definitely recommend, especially since its pretty cheap.

on 3/21/2013 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like this conditioner by Dove and I'm really happy I tried it. I had shied away from using Dove hair care for a long time because I always knew them as a brand that specialized in skin care and so they couldn't possibly make excellent hair care product too! But they do. I use this conditioner whenever I feel like my hair is looking a bit dull because it definitely makes my hair shine. This gives my hair nice moisture but not a whole lot- it definitely would not replace a conditioning mask. I use this mostly for shine as opposed to moisture. It is a really good conditioner and I have repurchased it and plan to again.

on 3/17/2013 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I just hated this stuff. My hair was dull and unruly the whole time I was using it. It felt almost like it left a waxy film in my hair. It was slightly better than using no conditioner at all, and it's paraben free, which is why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1. I didn't use it with the matching shampoo, so maybe that's why it worked so poorly for me. May hair is dyed but minimally damaged and flat ironed regularly. So I'm still on the hunt for a better conditioner.