Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF15

3.8

Active ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.80% ; Octisalate 5%; Octinoxate 2.80%; Inactive ingredients: Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Trehalose, Sorbitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Menthol, Trihydroxystearin, Hydroxyapatite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Laureth-7, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetrimonium Chloride, PVP, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Dipropylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides

on 4/1/2013 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was very surprised at this product. I used Clinique in university and not since. I got turned off the line and have stayed away from it. My skin is extremely dry. The change in seasons is always a difficult adjustment for my skin. I have been using Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation, but I wanted to switch to something more natural looking and lighter. The challenge is to find something that doesn't make my dry skin look drier than it is without makeup on it. I don't normally like tinted moisturizers; I don't find I get enough coverage with them. Had the SA not insisted that this was not your typical tinted moisturizer, I would never have cinsidered it.

The coverage from the product really surprised me. I don't think it should be called a tinted moisturizer. It provides medium coverage IMO. It lasted all day - something a tinted moisturizer has never done on my skin.

The colour range is definitely not great. Luckily the 01 matches my skin perfectly. I used the shiseido foundation brush and stippled it on. It didn't completely cover the redness on my cheeks, but definitely did provide medium coverage. I used the LM Silk Creme and my Beauty Blender sponge to apply it on the areas of my face where a concealer would have been needed. LM Silk Creme is better than any concealer for my face. All other concealers are too dry for me. By using the Clinique as my foundation and just boosting its coverage on my cheeks with LM, it gave me the best of both worlds. I got the natural looking coverage I was going for, but still had the redness covered.

EDITED:
Okay so much for my favourable review. As soon as the temperature warmed up, the product disappeared. I returned it to the store. To be fair I wanted a foundation and this is not a foundation. Within a couple of hours, it didn't look like I was wearing anything.

on 3/28/2013 1:56:00 AM

Great coverage for a tinted moisturizer!! My super sensitive skin didnt react at all! I really like this stuff! Will definitely repurchase.

on 2/27/2013 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I got this in the middle of last week because I was in the middle of a really bad acne flair up and was desperate for something to provide some coverage without making it worse. This worked beautifully. I'm still using it. It hasn't made me break out, which I'm thrilled with, but suspected since the moisture-surge moisturizer doesn't make me break out either. I'm a mac NC20 and the lady at the counter gave me it in Shade 01. It doesn't cover all of my red spots/scars, but it offers decent coverage. Its very light on the skin. Overall its great, but since it only has SPF15 it gets 4 stars instead of 5.

on 2/23/2013 11:39:00 PM

I purchased this product when I was desperate for an easy to apply makeup that offered good coverage. My skin was extremely flared with acne and I couldn't apply anything too thick or hard to spread because it was very painful, I love this product and a little goes a long way. Highly recommend, but remember that it doesn't give full coverage!

I purchased this at a clinique counter in my local mall for $25. I am Shade 2. This is very moisturizing and it givesn a nice, sheer coverage. My only complaint is that it was a bit too yellow-toned for my skin. The packaging is also a bit aggravating, considering this is a messy product and it ruins the cap a little after long-term use. The only real reason I will not purchase this is because of the price. In the economy we are in, is it really right to spend that much on a tinted moisturizer?

on 1/29/2013 10:33:00 AM

In reading former review I noticed many reviews from women younger than myself. I am 50 and I was shocked at how well this tinted moisturizer worked for me! I had received a sample from Sephora and couldn't believe when I tried it the coverage it gave me. I am getting to the age where I don't want to look overly "done up" with makeup and this moisturizer gives me the coverage I need with the moisturizer I now have to have. I do have slighly oily skin still and always have thought I needed full coverage in order to get just that, full coverage. This seems to cover what I need covered (although I do use a Clinique concealer along with it in spots)..I feel like I look fresh, dewey and youthful. and I can throw this on by itself on a Saturday and run to the store and not look like I am too made up, but yet use it with the concealer and it is great for work or evening. I currently use it with another moisturizer underneath (for winter) but am anxious to try it this summer with a tan and without the additional moisturizer.

on 1/23/2013 7:31:00 PM

This is not a foundation so if you are wanting more coverage then this isn't for you. Like all Clinique products, the choice of shades is very limited, but with this being so sheer, one shade can fit a range of skin tones. Clinique's website says they are repackaging this, at the moment it is in a plastic bottle with a narrow opening. I would prefer a tube so that you could squeeze the last of the product out. Blends pretty easy using fingertips and doing one section at a time. I like the dewey finish, doesn't settle in lines or pores, but it's very light coverage which I happen to prefer. Haven't been out in the sun with it yet, but it really does seem to protect from windburn and it's brutally cold right now. I do notice a kind of unpleasant odor from it during wear which reminds me of the smell of self tanners and I can only think it's from the sunscreen. No breakouts or irritation so far. UPDATE: Have repurchased this. Sun protection is good.

on 12/26/2012 10:18:00 AM

Es un producto ligero, hidratante y bastante cubritivo. Uso el tono 3 y es ideal para usar a diario los días de calor, en los que las bases muy pesadas nos harían transpirar.
Realmente es muy práctico, usable y el precio es accesible.
La única contra que le veo es que tiene un acabado bastante mate, pero se soluciona con el uso de algún bronzer o iluminador.

on 12/20/2012 11:42:00 PM

I have acne prone skin, and was looking for a tinted moisturizer instead ofa regular foundation. I found when I used any type of liquid foundation my skin would be oily and breakout throughout the day, it was awful! I needed something moisturizing that would let my skin breathe but silk cover up some of my red spots. Soooo, I decided to try clique. I'm mostly pleasantly surprised! Cons...the color is a little orange for me in the wintertime, it'll look better when I'm tan. And it was expensive :( But the pros! Covers pretty well, evened up my skin tone nicely. Anybody with acne knows you can't truly "cover"it, so evening out the color did wonders. I also am not breaking out throughout the day! I'm shocked. Seriously. I feel like my skin has actually cleared up since I'm not clogging it with tons of makeup. I would say maybe put a sheer mineral powder over it on hot days to keep the shine down. And also don't use this as your only moisturizer! Its great, but I still use my regular face cream at night for that extra hydration. I would recommend this for anybody with moderate acne. They say the best way to heal your acne is to not wear makeup, but as embarrassing as that is, this tinted moisturizer is the next best thing!

on 12/13/2012 9:38:00 PM

I liked it at first when my skin was clear. Then I got breakouts and It does a bad job at covering up. It's also not very moisturizing and tends to highlight the areas where my skin is dry. Its good when you have naturally acne free skin.