October 20, 2014 | 1118 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by chrissyislame

I brought the tiny versions of the shampoo and conditioner about a week ago. I didn't notice it was for curly hair though, my mistake. I had heard some good things about the Organix line and decided to try it out.
The first time I used it, it was wonderful. My hair was very soft, shiny and dandruff free. The next time I used the product, it was a little different. My hair became was filled with tangles and very hard to manage. I thought it was because I didn't use enough conditioner because my hair was also very very dry.
The last time I used it a couple days ago, it became it's worst ever. I could hardly brush my hair without using detangler. I couldn't even put it in a pony tail without losing tons of hair from trying to brush it. Though it made my hair shiny and a bit soft, it has to be the worst shampoo/conditioner I've ever brought. I will not be using this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by TouchOfSin

Soft? Ha, I think not. This made my hair super dry (I have short normal slightly wavy hair) It looked dirty, and it started falling out.

Do not buy!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by IrisMartin

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

.....Continued from prior post

*******************************************************************************

During her few minutes away, she looked up the product online to check the ingredients because she was astounded that a shampoo could do that much damage. The lady in the shampoo bowl right next to me witnessed everything happening to me and said, "What is that product? Tell me so I can avoid it!"
When she came back, she told me that in her professional opinion, sometimes keratin can be too drying. Even though on your shampoo bottle it only says "This rich formual of Brazilian Coconut Oil and Keratin Proteins to smooth and strengthen your curly or wavy tresses." The stylist felt that my hair had an extreme reaction to this dryness and that is why I got massive clumps of impenetrable tangles.
At that point, that was little comfort. Somewhat of an explanation, sure, but little comfort. At this point, I have been laying back in a shampoo bowl with two stylists working with litte success on getting these out - and "these" are ALL over the back of my head.

Thinking of what to do next, they put more intense conditioner on my head, put me in a plastic cap and put me under head, hoping that would soften these dreadlock-style clumps. During that time, they consulted with the lead stylist as to what to do next.

After awhile, the lead stylist knelt down beside my dryer and the concerned look on her face made me start to cry immediately. I told her, "Don't tell me. You can't do anything but cut them out, right? I knew it!" She assured me not to worry, that she would do all she could to help me so she wouldn't have to cut them out, that she has experience working with some clients with dreadlocks and has experience with difficult processes like this.

I felt better, somewhat, for the time being. The lead stylist, Allison, took me back to her station and, with the assistance of the two other stylists, they began again the tedious and painstaking tast of trying to undo these wickedly tight clumps of hair.

After another 2 hours of this I hesitatingly asked, "So, you still think you don't have to cut it out? If you did, how much would you have to take off?" Allison paused and put her hand where the clump ended and said, "Eight inches, but I don't want to have to do that. Let's keep trying."
All I heard was 8 inches! I sat there, praying for God to give her and the other 2 stylists the continued patience and skill to work through my hair so it wouldn't have to be cut.

I came into this salon at 2:15 pm. I left a little after 6:00 pm. This is how long it took 3 stylists to get through this hairmagedden and I don't say that to be funny - I mean it. And the physical pain of them trying to get through was excruciating, despite their best efforts to minimize my discomfort. I said I will go through anything just as long as they can try and save my long hair.

When all 3 stylists got through, I was back by the shampoo bowl getting a light shampoo and another deep condition. After that, they didn't want to dry or style my hair because of all that me and my hair went through in those 4 hours. they left it damp and gently braided it and told me to let it dry that way and let my hair and scalp rest. They also suggested that I take some ibuprofen when I get home to help me with all the pain I went through.

Today is the 30th, the day after. My hair is still in the braid and I'm afraid to take it out because I expect to see considerable damage from all the picking they did with those rat tail combs.

Mind you, I am FOREVER GRATEFUL FOR ALL THEIR HARD WORK AND PATIENCE. They saved my long hair! I can't say enough about these women and the wonderful job they did and also their compassion. Despite how my long hair looks now and the damage done, I still have it. They could have taken the lazy way out and advised that I cut it, but they didn't. They saw my tears and panic and went to work to try and save my hair.

Like those stylists, it's astounding to me that your shampoo could do so much damage. A SHAMPOO! What on earth! Why?! If I was prone to fooling around with chemicals and colors at home, well then I guess I deserve to have my hair wrecked and shouldn't cry about it. BUT I DON'T! I simply washed my hair!
This appointment yesterday cost me $70.00. This is the most "expensive shampoo" I've ever had!

I don't know what you can do as a company to warn people on your bottles, but you need to do something. This has been the most harrowing experience I have ever had!! Costly in physical pain and money not too mention the fear I had the whole time.

It's simply wrong that a product could do that! These stylists talked to me about Keratin and the new fad about Brazilian treatments. It works for some, but it can be very drying. Grant you, I did not use a chemical at home, but only a shampoo but the shampoo touts "Brazilian Therapy with Keratin". If there are risks with keratin, it should say so on your bottle!

I told they stylists that I thought keratin was a good thing, that it is a protein and a building block for hair. They said yes, that's true, but keratin can be very drying on some people and in my case it was so drying it made my hair form very bad clumps.

To say that I'm disappointed is an understatement. I don't even want to look at my hair at this point. I can also assure you that I saw loads and loads of hair fall to the floor as they were attempting to undo these massive clumps but not because of them being careless. They were not, but trying to be gentle as possible. Really, what 3 stylists do you know that wants to stand for 4 hours trying to undo a mess like that? Not many, but they did.

I told them that I would let your company know what happened. If you have any questions or doubts, I'm sure you can talk to the lead stylist Allison. The ha

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Kayla25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved it! It left my hair feeling so soft and clean. It was so easy to comb through and to blow out. This is my new favorite shampoo! I have nappy/thick hair. I loved it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by besidetheocean

I bought this shampoo on a whim just because I liked the scent. It smells wonderful! I wish I could find a perfume that smells this good. I was also surprised by how moisturizing it is. I usually wash my hair at night and then sleep on it braided. I have not had a bad hair day since using this product and I've gotten so many compliments. When I bought the shampoo I didn't realize it was meant to help straighten hair. Mine is naturally wavy, and it's still just as wavy while using this. That's fine by me, but someone who us looking for a straightening shampoo would be disappointed. I'm giving it five stars because I can go into a drugstore and get a product that gives me the results of something I'd get at a salon. You can't beat that.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 5:25:00 AM More reviews by ishara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Used with matching conditioner.
Like the fact that my hair feels properly cleansed after shampooing - don't like how some shampoos leave something behind.
Conditioner adds the softness back in and my hair does have a bit extra shine. Like the tropical scent.

I wouldn't buy again because I still have frizz, I don't mind my hair not being "ever straight", but I was hoping it would eliminate frizz.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Sdmarylou

Shampoo made my hair stringy and felt like it stripped the oils out of your hair when wet. Conditioner is hard to get out of the bottle. Conditioner is thick but doesn't really do much for moisturizing your hair when all is said and done. Will not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by nalvarado

If I could give this no stars, I absolutely would. Not only because the treatment did not work, but because customer service at Organix was honestly the worst I have ever experienced (and that is truly saying something).

I followed the directions word for word, carefully, and using the products they ask to use (a hot straightening iron). After having to spend close to 3 hours on my hair, followed by an awful 48 hours of greasy, smelly hair, I honestly saw NO RESULTS. I was hoping for anything - anything for me to feel like paying $15 was worth it, but honestly I should have just thrown my money in the trash can.

I then followed up with an email to Organix to see what they could offer - advice, insight, or a refund, but was offered instead - the worst customer service ever... After sending an initial inquiry email it took two weeks for any response in which they scolded me for not following directions. Seriously - if I didn't follow directions - why would I be complaining about an ineffective product? When I responded to that email, it then took 3 weeks for another response with this:

"I apologize but we do not offer a money back guarantee."

No greeting, no name, no nothing. I am hoping to be in touch with a supervisor or manager but after the service I have seen, I'm not expecting it. If I could report this company to somewhere I absolutely would. Any ideas?

So I guess the bottom line is, If you are prepared to waste $15, sore arms, and loads of time on this terrible product, then be my guest - go for it. For all those who are still thinking about it - I just suggest waiting for an online deal where you can go to a professional hair stylist (I just found a deal for $79) and actually see results.

Sincerely,
$15 out of pocket

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by AmandaRose83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair is wavy by nature and I do get some frizz. I tried this shampoo because it was recommended to me. I love the smell! It's not floral like other shampoos and almost has a cocoa scent to it. My hair is definitely less frizzy, but it doesn't work as well as so many reviewers have said it does.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by mariew222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff smellls sooooooo good! It makes my hair very soft and moisturized. It doesn't really help it to be more straight:/ I wasn't really expecting that much of it a shampoo, anyways.