April 19, 2014 | 1707 users online

Powder - Milani - Multitasker

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this lil gem in the lightest shade and I must say, this is a similar but far superior powder to the MAC Studio Fix Powder...at least for my skin, it is. It truly is a multitasking product as it works great as a setting powder, blot powder (never looks cakey) and powder foundation. You can apply it wet for extra coverage. If I use it as a powder foundation, which is my favorite way to use it, it can get up to a medium coverage. Lasts all day over a primer and there's no need to top it with a setting powder if using it alone. Great price, nice scent and you get a lot of product. LOVE LOVE LOVE this powder! I like using my ecotools bronzer brush to apply this powder as foundation.

xoxoxo
- Jess

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I heard about this product being raved on youtube by hollyannaree so i had to try it! I don't normally wear much foundation, just concealer since that's what i really need. For the days i wanted a bit more coverage, i will use foundation and I prefer "powder/cream" ones over liquid. I was surprised as to how much coverage this powder gives without feeling heavy or looking cakey! I am a MAC NC 20-25 and i bought both the "light medium 02" and the "medium 03". I use "02" to brighten under my eyes and to highlight....and "03" for my entire face. It's a great color match - a touch darker than my actual skin tone which is fine since my face is more pale than the rest of my body lol.

I didn't give this 5 lippies due to the fact that it did cause some minor breakouts that surfaced each time after wearing this powder. I have hyper-sensitive skin so it doesn't surprise me at all. I have yet to find a makeup product for the face that doesn't break me out.

I bought mine for about $7US at Kmart which isn't bad at all!

I would definitely buy this again!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this powder! I finally found a drugstore powder that's just as good as my Clinique Stay-Matte formula and is close to my coloring. I bought this in Medium Tan, which looks to fall nicely into the NC45 realm, It would say that the color falls between neutral to yellow undertones. I tend to fall between yellow to olive undertones and most drugstore powder have a pink or orange undertone, which looks horrible on me. This is much better than my MAC C7, which is way too orange. While the Medium Tan and Dark Tan looked very similar in the store and suited for Deep complexions. I believe the Dark Tan, would look good on Deep NW complexions, because it looked warmer.

This product actually makes my complexion looks better - nice coverage, perhaps a shade deeper than my natural tone, which is fine since summer is coming. The texture isn't flaky, challky, or ashy. Shine control, yet you can see the natural hue of my complexion. It appears to control oil decently, it definitely doesn't increase the oil. No breakouts in term of clogging the skin either.

The imprint on the powder is pretty, which gives it a retro/vintage look. The only thing that I don't like is the packaging, which is a bit bulky. Otherwise, I'm quite pleased!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

I don't use this as anything other than a tinted powder to mattify, if that makes sense. I have a powder foundation that does its job and then this to mattify throughout the day and actually match my skintone (no transparent powder looks natural on my nc35 skintone at the moment). I have used the Maybelline Dream matte and it was underperforming. I layer Rimmel's Stay Matte in the morning, but for touch ups (my tzone gets oily in the summer heat) I go to this powder. What's so good about it is that for the price you get a very cute compact with a mirror and sponge. It does look a little tacky, but I do my touch ups in the bathroom and not in public.

It does a very good job at controlling oil, especially around my nose. It doesn't look cakey like the dream matte powder would either. I would buy again since it's dirt cheap.

I am NC30-NC35 at the moment and light tan is dark and yellow enough to look natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by allygee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was great for setting my foundation and keeping my usual shininess at bay. It felt light and adsorbed in nicely. Very nice product, does what it says.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Ladies and gentlemen, let me first preface this review for this wonderful HG product by saying I've crossed many roads. Tried many a powder. Turned many different shades of orange. And gotten the dreaded cakey oily face at the drop of a hat.
So when I say this powder is the best I've ever come across...just know that I love it the way normal people love the perfect car...or whatever it is people who don't hoard makeup enjoy.
I could write songs and poetry about this little wonder, but in the interest of saving my dignity, I'll say this; it gives a smooth, even finish that is never cakey or orange, has slight coverage and keeps me matte a good 8 hours. Touching up is no longer a cowardly task as it blends so flawlessly.
I've read some complaints saying that it makes the face look "flat". I don't mind, it's too wonderful to complain, anyways that's why I've got my highlighter and bronzer.
Would I repurchase? Pffft. I'd marry it if I could. It's my HG powder, at last.

32 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by bbydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UGH! Everything else about it is OK: it provides decent coverage (not a foundation) and upholds oil resistant however, its dull! I dont want a one-dimensional, matte face. The powder is cheap, its not as finely milled as it should be. It's slightly chalky, however your natural oils through the day will even it out so you won't be complaining, only in the beginning.

Trust me, for setting powder, you want a light and sheer powder that eliminates oil. Also, it has to be a great luminizing powder that imparts a soft healthy glow. This thing is one-dimensionally nasty. This is best for oily skin! To correct the dullness and chalkiness, I spray FIX+. DONT BUY IT!

The best setting powder is Shiseido The Makeup Luminizing Color Powder, it does everything above that a great setting powder should.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Aralechan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So in my search for skin perfection, first i try all of the cheaper stuff listed as an MUA Top Pick and then work my way to the expensive stuff if necessary. This was great because it was cheap, it was fantastic for being completely matte, but unfortunately it looked too flat, the color match wasn't good and it caused a bunch of little whiteheads on my chin. I know this was the guilty product because I've had clear, blemish-free skin for years. So much so that I panicked and didn't know how to deal with those whiteheads. I stopped using this powder and then it took like 2 months for my skin to recover. Boo.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by carling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NC-50 and I use this Milani powder (07- Dark Tan) and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (Deep Dark) interchangeably. While I wouldn't say it's a one-to-one Skinfinis dupe, I think the end result is similar and quite beautiful. I love this powder! It has provides oil control and you can often get it on sale or clearance (got mine for less than $2 at Sears). Great bang for your buck!

Milani Multitasker Face Powder FAR exceeded my expectations. I use it regularly and reserve the expensive MAC Mineralize Skinfinish for special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by nimzy

This product really is quite good. It is smooth and provides some extra coverage. It is completely matte and is fine enough to prevent that powdery feel. I have dry skin and it does not make me look cakey. The packaging is kinda bulky and I wish the mirror was on the same side as the powder. Overall I like it better than maybelline dream matte by a long shot.