April 16, 2014 | 1953 users online

Eyes - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Brow & Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by randers

Holy smokes, this stuff is great! I picked up a Wet n Wild single eye shadow with a mini version of this pencil as a bonus. I wasn't expecting much and I was completely blown away! Creamy, pigmented, applies like a dream and stays put.

I'm confused that others didn't have the same experience, maybe the color of the pencil affects the pigmentation? Mine is black. I'm telling ya, when I want a black pencil liner I reach for this before my Urban Decay 24/7 liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by jptakesdc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best eyeliner I've ever used. The purple and green colors are the ONLY colors that make my chocolate brown eyes look hazel, especially in the sun. They work better at making my eyes pop than any other expensive eyeliner I've tried. It glides on pretty smoothly if it is sharpened well and is great for a smoky eye look, as it is more of a crayon type quality as opposed to a marker. I personally love it and it lasts all day for me. The colored ones are a great alternative to the traditional black, especially for darker eyes!! Highly recommend this inexpensive product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by clumpedmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love these! They're cheap and the colors are nice :) I bought the turquoise, white, and purple. I do have to reapply at times, but they're cheap so I'm not complaining. They're long pencils too, so you get your money's worth.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

Its a good eyeliner. I do have to set it with a powder to get long wear otherwise it smudges.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by anaelleee

I have the shade Taupe and It looks nice on my brows :) I have dark hair and my brows are not sparse so they dont need to be filled in too much, and this colour gives me the perfect natural brows :)

The only thing is that it smudges a bit, so if I want it on all day, either not touch my brows at all, or put brow powder over it, which is too bothersome for me, so I use this for school, but on special occasions, I need a harder liner to fill in my brows :)

I do not use these on my eyes because as I am a monolid, I find it smudges and fades for me. It's really creamy so application is a breeze, but it also means that it will need to be sharpened often! Mine was done in about a month! My lead also broke a few times, but hey, it was inexpensive so I'm not too sad :)

I will not repurchase, however, because the waxy consistency for this pencil constantly makes me worry that my filled-in areas with smear or fade throughout the day.
EDIT: I now just use a matte grey/black eyeshadow!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by lanternlightsmayhem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have this in White, Bronzed, Purple and Black. They all have great pigmentation especially for the price ($0.99). I find that these liners are GREAT for the lower lashline to use as eyeshadow pencils. The white one is absolutely amazing for the waterline to make the eyes look bigger. These pencils have a nice glide to them and don't tug on the eyes much. Personally, I would not repurchase the black one because i think you can much better standard black liners at the drugstore. The colored ones are amazing though! They are great for color pops and add a fun aspect to your eye look :) Definitely buying more of these next time I'm at Rite Aid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by nearyroth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is pretty good! I have white and it's great! It's not too pigmented but it works! These are so cheap and work great! This is my favorite white eyeliner! You kind of have to tug, but this does not fade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

(Update July 21, 2012. I now have Dark Brown color as well so can compare it.)

I use Maybelline Define A Brow in Dark Brown for my brows, but saw these Color Icon pencils for 99c and it was too good a deal to pass up - could a 99c product replace it? If it doesn't work, it only cost 99c! I have this in Mink Brown and Dark Brown.

PROS: Both colors I have are PERFECT for my dark brown/black brows. I have dark brown hair, but my brows almost look black. I don't use black though since that would be too harsh. Mink Brown is simply a blackened brown. There is ZERO red in it, but it doesn't look like it has a grey undertone either. Neutral?... I can't detect an undertone, it's just like black + brown mixed. Dark Brown is a tiny bit lighter and red based. It's more "obvious" brown looking whereas Mink Brown is almost black. I started with Mink Brown and while it worked good, it was easy to overdo. Dark Brown is a little more forgiving. I really could use either one, they are both so good. I can see Mink Brown being great for those with black brows too. 0.004oz may not sound like much but pencil has lasted me MONTHS. It sharpens pretty well, I don't lose much of anything. And it's only 99cents!

CONS: Comes off SUPER easily. When I use this for my brows, that means no touching them AT ALL. Even lightly touching the area removes it, it's not like you have to apply pressure or rub. I do my eyebrows last because it even gets on my powder puffs when I'm setting foundation. So I have no idea how this would work as eyeliner. Maybe you could try clear mascara over it to set it for brows but I can't be bothered lol. The texture is also a little too soft for brows, you get a lot of color quickly since you don't need to apply much pressure.

OTHER: Because it comes off easily, this also means you can finger blend it out or remove extra easy, something I can't do with the Maybelline. So in that respect, it's kinda like eyeshadow... dump pigment then blend to soften. I bet you could use this with a brush but like above, I can't be bothered for that either so I haven't tried.

OVERALL: If you do your brows, you MUST try Color Icon pencils. It's only 99 cents, and I can live with the easy transfer, because who really touches their brows that often I also reviewed the 99c Wet N Wild Dual Sharpener that goes along with them.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by moody2like2me2bc

I bought this eyeliner and loved it! I have brown eyes so it realy made them POP ;) the only thing about it is that it smudges sometimes.I suggest not the kind of brand if your eyes tear up easily.Overall its realy good the price is awesome and depending on your eye color it will make them say 'LOOK AT ME!'

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

These eyeliners are bad. They have an extremely waxy formula, which tugs and pulls on your eyelids when you try to put them on. I have the one in Black- it has okay color, but as aforementioned, it is very waxy. It does stay on for a few hours, but does have a tendency to rub off and doesn't stay on the waterline. It also breaks when you sharpen it. There is a ton of product that comes with these liners- each one is like a foot long!! But that's also a downside because I can never get too close to the mirror to see what I'm doing because this eyeliner is in the way. For 97 cents, I guess you get what you pay for.