September 17, 2014 | 1769 users online

Moisturizers - St. Ives - St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by arielleem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! It is so in-expensive and it comes in a huge tub so it could last you ages. So worth it! Best deal out there. I use in the mornings and it's great under make up. Doesn't leave my face oily and sinks in perfectly. It's too light to wear over night for my dry skin but perfect day time wear. And I love that it has collagen so I can stop worrying about wrinkles! Love this product. Smells fresh, feels light and clean. LOVE! Will use forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 8:35:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

The version that I have must be their newly reformulated version as fragrance is listed last on the ingredient list, when before fragrance used to be listed higher on the list.

I use Retin-A and I have gone through a lot of moisturizers, to use to keep my face from drying out. I actually heard about this product from off of Youtube recently, so I decided to try it. I found it in stock at my local Walmart. So, I was glad that it's a product that I can easily get off the ground, without having to order it online.

I use it daily, whether I'm wearing makeup or not. It has a thick looking consistency in the jar, but it goes on light and doesn't take long to absorb into my skin. Also, I find it's scent to be a very light one, and most times barely noticeable when I wear it.

Normally, I don't use products that have added fragrance to them, as I do have skin that is sensitive. But, this one hasn't caused any problems with my sinuses or give me any type of allergic reaction either. So, I definitely plan to continue to use it.

And, I want to add that I do have combination-to-oily, acne prone skin. And, I don't get any breakouts from using this product either. Also, with this moisturizer, a little bit goes a long way. You don't need to use a lot of it, in order to see results.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ispydork

A great moisturizer that leaves your skin feeling tingly and fresh. You can really feel it moistuize the skin. Its without a doubt the best and cheapest drugstore moisturizer. Its a whipped product with a delcious scent. I would highly recomend this product and love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by cocobinx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Probably the best drugstore moisturizer I've come across. I love the soufflé texture. I think it works great as a base under makeup in the morning, it's moisturizing enough but doesn't stay greasy at all. I don't find it moisturizing enough to use exclusively day and night because I have dry skin, but I think if you're normal or oily it would be great. I think I got it for less than 4 dollars, and it's a big 10oz tub! Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by alalou101

Great price. Great moisturizer. Lots of product. No break outs. No oiliness. Thumbs up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this quite a few times, and I really like it. It is probably the only face cream I have ever used that doesn't leave a filmy feeling after I use it. It's really lightweight, non-greasy, yet really heavy duty. It's great under makeup, even in the summer. When I have a breakout, it's soothing, unlike some of the lotions I still have stashed away. I love that it's simple. I would rather have a tube, or pump for it, but I like that these tubs are so sturdy, that I can reuse them for homemade scrubs and masks.

I also love how affordable it is! I have a cream that is a fourth of this size that sucks, and it costed twice the price. I will always repurchase this! Use it. Love it. Save $$!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Callque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this because of the reviews on Amazon. The first couple of times I used this moisturizer it broke me out in a few spots, but I wouldn't give up because the very first morning after I used it I noticed my skin tone was more even looking. After the first week it no longer broke me out and now my skin just glows! I've never had a moisturizer that actually improved my skin rather than just getting rid of the dryness, but this does so much more.

It's quite wet when putting it on so it takes a little while for it to soak in and it can make my t-zone greasy when it's hot out (it's probably best to switch to using it at night during the summer). I also wish it had more hygienic packaging.

I use this with Cetaphil's Daily Moisturizer and my skin is very happy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

I hated this as a facial moisturizer, it clogged my pores and broke me out. Disappointed, I decided to use the rest of the tub as a body moisturizer. And I loved it! I have bought it two more times since then, it's now my HG body lotion.
It sinks right into my skin (my body skin that is, it didn't sink into my facial skin at all) and leaves NO greasiness. No scent either, so no interfering with my perfume. Best of all, it's in a jar. That's a big drawback for a facial moisturizer but for a body lotion it means I can easily get every last bit of product out of the container. I hate lotions in pump-dispenser bottles for this reason, and body creams & body butters in jars are usually so thick and heavy. So it's the best of both worlds because this product is lightweight and yet provides excellent moisture.
As much as I love it as a body moisturizer I only give it three lippies because that's not what it's for. As a facial moisturizer I'd give it a 1, but for body it's a 5. So 3 seems fair. Will continue to repurchase, $5 for a 10oz jar is a bargain!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Mimiq

Not bad for the price. I have oily skin and it works perfect for me. Hasn't made me break out. I use it as a night cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this a while ago before I realized St. Ives is no longer animal friendly. ( I guess when they were bought by Unilever?) But, not wanting to waste anything, I've been trying to use it up so I can be done with it...

This has mineral oil in it and makes for a great makeup remover. Just use a thick base, rub it in, and I wipe away with a warm wet paper towel. Repeat if you need to. There's still enough residue after wiping that my face doesn't feel tight or greasy at all. In fact, since I've been doing this I've stopped soap washing except for 1-2 times per week, AND it's been helping with my acne.

It was kind of blow when I realized S.I. was no longer animal friendly and so I don't want to purchase this again. That said, it's really inexpensive for the amount you get. Unfortunately, I can't attest to anything as far as the collagen boosting ingredients go. So, in all, I'm most likely not going to repurchase.