April 20, 2014 | 1709 users online

Moisturizers - St. Ives - St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by kcarrion

I love this stuff! I have combination skin. I have mainly been using this as a night cream since it has no SPF. You can really feel it tighten and firm your skin, especially in my forehead area. Medium thickness. I don't think it has a scent, just lotion-y. I have been using it for many months, and it still has about half left! So much bang for your buck haha. It also works well under makeup, no greasy residue, but with no SPF I mainly only use it if I know I'm not going to be outside. I will definitely be using this as long as they make it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by southparkrules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
1. good price

Cons:
1. greasy
2. breaking me out
3. not improving the appearance of my skin

It might be ok to put it on your body but not your face. It can serve as a shield to protect your skin from harsh winter cold air and wind but it really doesn't make your skin look better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I kept seeing this pinned over and over again and I admit, I was curious. I've used a few St. Ives products (who hasn't used the apricot scrub?) and figured for how little it cost it was worth a try. It's a huge jar for $5 - though I wish it was in a tube for sanitary purposes.

I don't really have lines or wrinkles yet, but I was hoping this might add a little bit of suppleness and youthful glow back to my skin. It's hard for me to tell if it's having any positive "anti-aging" effects, but my skin does look smoother, feel a little softer, and maybe even has slightly noticeable radiance to it.

Once or twice I've used it in the morning and it is perfectly good under makeup, which is surprising given how moisturizing it is. It doesn't make skin feel greasy or tacky. Okay for sensitive skin - doesn't cause redness or itchiness.

A word of warning, though, for those with acne-prone skin like me. This, like many moisturizers (unfortunately) contains Cetyl alcohol, which is often a trigger ingredient for breakouts. I have discontinued using this because of that (and a few other ingredients that can cause acne) but this would still be a great moisturizer for people who don't have those types of skin issues (you lucky ones!).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by lyssaw519

I tried so hard to love this moisturizer. For the first month of using I loved this stuff... it moisturized my skin and kept it from drying out from harsh products. Unfortunately I didn't realize that my breakouts were caused by this stuff until I had been using it for over a month. Literally the day after I stopped using this my skin started clearing up. The second ingredient is mineral oil and this is not your friend if you have oily or combination skin like I do. This product also gets a less than favorable review on Paula's choice beautypedia. I'm bummed because if it hadn't caused me to break out it offered a lot of moisture but sadly it just caused more clogged pores and acne. There are better moisturizer out there that have skin-favorable ingredients that won't clog your pores they just cost a little more.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by PinkScorpio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is amazing!!!! I have combination skin and needed a moisturizer. After a long period of trial and error I found St. Ives to work the best. I put it on after cleansing at night and then again in the morning. My face feels soft, light and I feel confident again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by blubberina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If I knew what a bomb this was for oily skin, I'd have skipped it. It did everything a moisturizer shouldn't: it sat on top of my skin like a fine layer of oil and just felt heavy even when it dried, and minutes later my naturally oily skin would oil up as usual so there's an oily mess and a heavy feeling on my skin. It clogged my pores up so badly I started getting small white bumps all over my face, not pimples but some really bothersome and unsightly bumps. When I switched to a water-based moisturizer, it went away. The only thing I can draw from this is that this is a bomb on oily skin. Skip it if you have that type of skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Update : A MUA member corrected me that the collagen-elastin source is NOT animal tissue.
Nowhere on the St.Ive's website do they clarify the collagen-elastin source, especially when they have a dedicated Glossary section for the ingredients as well as an FAQ page.
Having corrected this part, the rest of my review still stands.

I do not understand why St.Ives is a popular brand. Most of their products have such nasty ingredients! This cream has collagen, elastin the source of which is not clarified on their website. The cream itself smells rotten. It is a concoction of chemicals, mostly comedogenic stuff.... I'd steer clear of this stuff and use plain olive oil as a moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Jazzcar2044

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I recently bought this product and instantly fell in love with it. I have oily skin and every moisturizer I've used in the past has made me breakout. This product is light, and doesn't leave my skin greasy which was something I was looking for. The smell is light and not over powering. This works for me personally :o)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by vmarscg

So I've had this moisturizer for a while and it was just sitting on a shelf. I had really stubborn forehead scabs scars etc I sleep with this on my face.. when I woke up just washed my face and moisturized again with this. I come back from school and do a cornmeal scrub (best way to exfoliate in my opinion better than sugar)and wow my forehead was so clear and my acne scars /scabs were more then 60 % diminished. I like the texture it's creamy yet watery. Im not a fan of the smell but it's definitely tolerable and it's actually a relaxing scent just I smelled better lol overall I really like this product would buy again. I believe this moisturizer helped my scars sort of heal because they sort of softened the scabs and helped it heal during the night ... Plus the main ingredient is water so I mean how bad could it be? I mean give it a try it's super cheap and come s with alot well yeah that's it :) <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

This is a nice facial moisturizer that I use every morning and night. It's very lightweight and glides nicely across the skin. It doesn't irritate my skin or cause break outs, and the price is awesome.