Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm - Hibiscus

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/20/2012 10:09:00 AM

I love this lip balm so much! This is my every-day lip color. It feels nice on the lips, and gives them just a subtle boost of color that doesn't clash with my "natural, but pulled together" every day look.

I love this! I suffer from dry lips and CLS (corpse lips syndrome) so I like something that is hydrating while giving a boost of colour. I have to say though, this isn't super moisturising, as in if I put it on at night by the morning my lips will still be dry. however, whilst I am wearing it my lips feel extremely soft. That may sound like it doesn't make sense, but I've never had a great relationship with my lips. Anyway, great soft colour and texture, I want to try red dahlia next.

on 9/2/2012 12:55:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been using Burt's Bees regular beeswax lip balm for years... so I decided to give this tinted lip balm a try.
It does have good pigment... it's sheer, but noticable. And it has a nice shiney finish, not shimmery - which is good.
I will agree with the other reviews though that it does cling to and accentuate chapped areas... so that's a big downer. =/
It's a bit pricey for a tinted lip balm, too... so that along with the fact that it accentuates chapped areas leads me to say I won't buy it again. But it might work well for someone who doesn't have dry or flaky lips.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hibiscus is a warm rose colour. It can look a bit dark if you apply more than 1 layer, but it is a medium-dark shade in general. It looks natural, again, if I apply one coat, but several coats gives the appearance of lipstick - and it is pigmented. The balm gives a bit of a sheen, but it's not glossy. I also find it to be very hydrating - almost more hydrating than Burt's Bees regular lip balms! But maybe that's just me. The pigment does create a bit of a drying effect (especially if you have imperfections on lips), but I guess that goes with out saying.

Liked the packaging, very nice color. However, it was very pigmented for my taste and occasionally ended up looking unnatural. It also clings to chapped lips which can look... really gross haha. Great color though, just be careful with application.

on 7/6/2012 2:17:00 PM

I love this lipbalm! My favorite of the many I've tried over the years. The hibiscus color is so pretty, looks great with my skin tone and gives me color without looking unnatural. It was a little pricey, but I use it every day so it was worth it.

on 7/1/2012 12:06:00 PM

wow, works better than Revlon lip butter due to little shininess.

great product gives you baby lips

on 6/22/2012 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

To start off, I'm about medium-yellow in shade and have crappy pigmented lips. They tend to look pinkish fresh out of the shower, juicy red if I just finish eating, and very unflattering-dead looking mauve when I'm tired. Bah.

This baby gives me a pair of juicy pinkish-peach lips. Being so pigmented, ANY lippies that claim themselves being peach, looks very unflatteringly ugly pink on me. Burt's Bees claims this to be pink, but it looks like the perfect peach on my lips. And although, it's "only" a tinted lip balm, it is pretty pigmented on me.

Very, VERY few lip products can do that. And funnily enough, they mostly fall under the drugstore/indie/cheapie categories. Silk Naturals, Sleek, Yves-Rocher and Guerlain are a few that succeed. Boy, did I have explored all the top department store brands, looking for the perfect peach lippie, TO NO AVAIL.

This tinted lip balm stayed on my lips for a good 2 hours or 3. A good meal would erase it all. But, however faded the sheen is, it leaves a faint tint on my lips. It is sheer alright, but with an ample pigmentation, making my lips look naturally peachy and juicy.

However, I gotta attest to it tends to cling on dry chaps and doesn't fix that really well. For some reason, the other shades, Pink Blossom and Rose doesn't have this problem at all and moisturizes my lips beautifully.

I thought I got a bad batch, so I got another one. My sister also got one and I tried hers as well. They all felt the same as the first tube I owned.

The packaging is a brown boring plastic tube. But to be honest, I like it that I can just slip it into my pocket.

on 5/20/2012 1:10:00 PM

Let me start off by saying I do enjoy Burt's Bees products. I love their lip balms, cleansers, glosses. So when I heard about this tinted lip balm I was pretty excited. I saw photos everywhere and was so excited to pick one up for myself. I picked the color Hibiscus. It comes in a big cardboard tube. I opened it up happily only to realize the lip balm was not the size of the tube, but of a normal Burt's Bees lipbalm. I feel like the packaging was really deceiving. It made the product seem a lot bigger than what it actually was. Now I find the packaging clunky and unnecessary. Its an okay product but I enjoy the Revlon lip butters more.

on 5/19/2012 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is the best lip balm I've ever tried. It doesn't dry out my lips. And the color isn't sheer, but it does give a little color while still looking like my lips. Plus it smells great!

Popular Lip Treatments