September 1, 2014 | 1845 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by thejazzshak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an eh product. It goes on so easy, feels good on my skin, washes off nicely. But after using it for awhile it has done nothing for my redness or acne. If you just want a cleanser to remove your makup this is perfect. But if you want a clenser that improves the condition of your skin, don't use this. It is also a bit drying so use moisturizer afterwards.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by emvie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used the original Neutrogena face wash for years when I was younger. I thought about trying it again now that I don't have as much acne as I did when I was a teenager, but decided to try this instead. I used it once. It felt like it stripped my face, it was so strong and drying. I did not like it at all. It is much harsher than their original product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by tns720

I bought this product thinking I was getting a simple cleanser because at the time I didnt really have to many problems with my skin, except the occasionally pimples. But after using this "natural" product my entire face turned bright red, with a rash texture, itchy, and burning! Even my eye lids were effected. It took me awhile to figure out the cleanser was the main issue because I had been trying alot of new products at that time. I'm assuming because of such a harsh reaction I must be allergic to an ingredient in it. Another reviewer had mentioned willow bark so that's really great to know. And let me tell you it took months of healing and trying out different products because I wanted to see and instant improvement. Unfortunately it took foreverrrr, so PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!! just dont risk it!!! I'm currently using a black clay cleanser from osmia organics and it is truly the best cleanser out there.. a bit expensive but after what my skin went through I don't mind buying this cleanser a hundred times over.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by mandy412

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product and I'm on my 3rd bottle. I typically buy higher end cleansers but my derm said it's just not necessary to spend tons on something that gets washed down the sink after a minute. My face doesn't feel tight and is just refereshed afterwards. I use a Clarisonic as well. For the price, you can't beat it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by echarlotted

I've almost finished the bottle but I will not be buying it again. My skin normally had maybe 2 or 3 pimples on it throughout the month but with this face wash it was more like 10... I know it could be my skin purging but using it well over a month and my skin has gotten worse id say it doesn't work for me. My pore have gotten bigger, more white and black heads and dry spots. Just wish I could find something that normalize my skin without a huge price!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Vivivict

I bought this product when I forgot to bring a cleanser on vacation i New York. I chose this one because it says naturals and therefore I thought that it would be gentle to my skin. To be honest it is very gentle, but it has a very soapy feeling to it which I don't like. The cleanser didn't do much to my face and never broke me out or anything. The deal breaker for me is that the product leaves me with the feeling of still having soap on my face when I have washed it of!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Im surprised at how much I like this cleanser! I usually use higher end cleansers, but I have been trying to save some money so I got this hoping it would do the job. And it really does!

I use a makeup remover to remove all my makeup first, and then I use this. It foams up nicely, and leave my skin just feeling clean...never oily, or tight, just normal. Which is great! I read the ingredients on the back, and the willow bark in it is basically salycilic acid, so this ensures you get no breakouts!

This obviously isnt a organic product, but I think what they are going for with this whole 'naturals' thing is just simplifying the ingredients. There are still preservatives, which are needed so the product doesnt expire fast, and there are synthetic ingredients. But there are less than in comparison to usual drugstore cleanser ingredients.

For the price, no drug store product will ever be able to be completely natural, or get USDA certified organic.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by annekaiser

I was expecting a lot more from this claiming to be "natural" product. The burning sensation I experienced during and after use hinted to me that the 10% unnaturaly derived ingredients the back doesn't list are very harsh. I used a wash rag to open my pores, washed my face, and got in the shower. Throughout my shower and around an hour after I was experiencing a burning sensation and that uncimfortable tightness which ussually leads to, you guessed it, dryness. I have normal skin that is very sensitive to the products I use and this cleanser made me incredibly dry. Not only was my face burning after my shower it was bright red. I would not recommend this product, I wish I would've read the fine print to realize this isn't 100% natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by PorpitaPorpita

I have acne-prone, combination skin - dry patches around my chin and jawline and oily cheeks and T-zone. This is the first cleanser that hasn't left my skin feeling pinched, dry, or irritated. It doesn't help with my acne. However, I don't hold that against this cleanser because all the other cleansers I've tried have dried out, irritated, and burned my skin, and none of those helped with my acne, either. If you have sensitive or dry skin that isn't acne-prone, I recommend this. It didn't dry out or irritate my skin, so it might help you, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by dash1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this cleanser for a few months. I was attracted to the "naturals" part of the cleanser and the information Neutrogena provides on the back which tells you where they sourced the ingredients. I think thats a really positive idea that more brands should follow. I have large(r) pores and blackheads on my t-zone so I need salicylic acid in my routine. This cleanser sources its salicylic acid from willow bark which is great but they do not provide the percentage. I have found this cleanser may be a bit too strong, it makes my skin red and tight. This may be over stripping my combination skin and causing my t-zone to stay or get oiler. I also continue to get pimples along my jawline.
I have since read that using a cleanser with salicylic acid is a waste because it mostly ends up being washed off and down the drain. So my next purchase will be something gentler and my salicylic acid will come from a stay-on treatment.