November 24, 2014 | 1506 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 8:32:00 AM More reviews by spontmercy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so bummed to see all the bad reviews for this product! It works beautifully for me and my combination/oily skin. I only use it at night when I have to wash off makeup and the day's buildup of dirt and oil. In the morning I use a gentle olive oil cleanser. I have pretty good skin to begin with so I can't speak to its efficacy in dealing with acne, but I haven't been seeing any more or less breakouts than I did before.

It's a clear, thick, liquid cleanser that doesn't lather or foam. You just squirt out a dime-sized dollop onto your fingers and massage into your face, then rinse off. Looking at the ingredients label, I think it's a little shady that they sell this under their "Naturals" line, but I'll get over it. There is a bar version of this, but I found that to be too drying. I'm a new product junkie so I rarely buy a product twice, but I'll be buying this again.

(Note: you will need a separate makeup remover if you use any kind of long-wear makeup.)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by dnelledoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE the smell and it really does clean your face BUT it dries your skin out. I used it to wash my face & remove my makeup and it worked, until my lips cracked in half and chin FLAKED HORRIBLY. I couldn't figure out why my skin was drying out so bad until I stopped using it. Then, my face completely cleared up without using anything but water to wash my face. Its not as natural as it claims. It has ingredients in it that I still can't pronouce.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by michelle1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this product was just...okay. it smells nice and is good to wake me up in the morning but i did not feel much of a difference in my skin. i would use this product in the morning and at night. i just did not feel as if the product was really doing anything for my skin. however, i have normal skin...i do not get zits or pimples at all so i don't know if it would work better for people who have problem skin, maybe? its worth a try. its good to feel a bit more clean and wake yourself up but did not notice the differences in my skin that the product claimed.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by kaipuka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this cleanser because I have super sensitive skin and I thought it would be a good fit because it's natural. It irritated my skin, gave me white heads even though I'm not acne prone, and smells terrible.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by thejazzshak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an eh product. It goes on so easy, feels good on my skin, washes off nicely. But after using it for awhile it has done nothing for my redness or acne. If you just want a cleanser to remove your makup this is perfect. But if you want a clenser that improves the condition of your skin, don't use this. It is also a bit drying so use moisturizer afterwards.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by emvie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used the original Neutrogena face wash for years when I was younger. I thought about trying it again now that I don't have as much acne as I did when I was a teenager, but decided to try this instead. I used it once. It felt like it stripped my face, it was so strong and drying. I did not like it at all. It is much harsher than their original product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by tns720

I bought this product thinking I was getting a simple cleanser because at the time I didnt really have to many problems with my skin, except the occasionally pimples. But after using this "natural" product my entire face turned bright red, with a rash texture, itchy, and burning! Even my eye lids were effected. It took me awhile to figure out the cleanser was the main issue because I had been trying alot of new products at that time. I'm assuming because of such a harsh reaction I must be allergic to an ingredient in it. Another reviewer had mentioned willow bark so that's really great to know. And let me tell you it took months of healing and trying out different products because I wanted to see and instant improvement. Unfortunately it took foreverrrr, so PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!! just dont risk it!!! I'm currently using a black clay cleanser from osmia organics and it is truly the best cleanser out there.. a bit expensive but after what my skin went through I don't mind buying this cleanser a hundred times over.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by mandy412

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product and I'm on my 3rd bottle. I typically buy higher end cleansers but my derm said it's just not necessary to spend tons on something that gets washed down the sink after a minute. My face doesn't feel tight and is just refereshed afterwards. I use a Clarisonic as well. For the price, you can't beat it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by echarlotted

I've almost finished the bottle but I will not be buying it again. My skin normally had maybe 2 or 3 pimples on it throughout the month but with this face wash it was more like 10... I know it could be my skin purging but using it well over a month and my skin has gotten worse id say it doesn't work for me. My pore have gotten bigger, more white and black heads and dry spots. Just wish I could find something that normalize my skin without a huge price!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Vivivict

I bought this product when I forgot to bring a cleanser on vacation i New York. I chose this one because it says naturals and therefore I thought that it would be gentle to my skin. To be honest it is very gentle, but it has a very soapy feeling to it which I don't like. The cleanser didn't do much to my face and never broke me out or anything. The deal breaker for me is that the product leaves me with the feeling of still having soap on my face when I have washed it of!