April 18, 2014 | 1800 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Berrymuffin

This is honestly the best cleanser I've ever tried. I use it wish a wash cloth and it makes my pores almost non existent. Lasts a while I've had the same bottle since April and barely over halfway done(I use it morning and night)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by kimisawa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was attracted to this product by its packaging and pump dispenser, since I was looking for a face wash that also removed make up. Its claims that it was 'natural' was also a major selling point for me.

Whilst the make up remover does effectively remove my daily make up, even the water/smudge-proof eyeliner and mascara, it stings my eyes and leaves my skin feeling really tight and dry - not a good feeling. This is even though I have oily, pimple prone skin and usually appreciate feeling good and squeaky clean after a full day. I would suggest using only a little pea-sized amount of product, and tonnes of water to rinse off after.

Not too sure about the product's natural claim either. It might be natural, but it sure aint gentle. I doubt I will finish using the bottle that I purchased, much less repurchase when done.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by vanessa4thewin

So this cleanser is supposed to be 'natural'. But it made my face sting while washing my face :( if it wasn't natural, i wonder how much it's going to be worse. After i wash it off and dry with a towel, the stinging is gone but it's too hard to bare it while washing t face.. I had to waste my $10 and buy a new one. And after using this for about 3 days it probably didn't clean my face deep down. I was left with a a lot of blemishes and redness! It's probably good for other people but for me this was horrible. Never buying this again ofcourse! And now i'm kinda scared to use Neutrogena products now :(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by mystyx

I have been looking for a good cleanser for a while & this ticks all my boxes. It removes make up, lathers well & has a nice scent. Leaves my face feeling squeaky clean, soft, & not over dry. Will be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by texasbeautyaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this face wash. It claims to be "natural", and to some degree it is. It uses willow bark as its salicylic acid source (versus a chemically made one- willow bark can also be used as a pain killer when acetylsalicylic acid is derived from it ((Aspirin)).

Actually, let's be honest- they probably don't use willow bark but are just toting the product to be natural because it's trendy, haha. BUT IF IT IS TRUE...the willow bark is a legitimate source for the acne treating ingredient.

Anyhow, I've been using it for a month and a half or so. It has kept a lot of my pimples at bay, and though not perfect (as it doesn't keep them ALL at bay), it is effective and has not caused me to have any violent, cystic acne or strange pustules. I don't know if my skin has changed or if the concentration of salicylic acid is low (it's not listed as to what percentage is in it), but it has not caused any irritation like I expected it to.

As far as blackhead/white head prevention, I haven't really noticed it particularly helping, but I also use a moisturizer with sunblock everyday so I don't think I will. However, I haven't noticed any crazy new amounts of comedones forming, so I would imagine if I WASN'T using sunblock everyday I probably wouldn't have an issue...but I'd rather have clogged comedones than skin cancer/wrinkles.

Overall- pretty decent cleanser. Average price (I paid around $6 - $7 at my HEB) , and a little seems to last quite a while. A light push on the pump dispenses a suitable amount, and it lathers well (which I know some people complain about but lathering just makes it SO much easier for product use). Haven't noticed any product leakage either and the pump does lock, so that's a plus for the frequent traveler. The product does have a scent- sort of like...apples? It's sweet, but I don't find it overpowering.

4/5. Not perfect, but it works well for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I have no problem with this cleanser. I ran out of my clinique liquid facial soap and wanted a quick (and possibly cheaper) alternative, so this fit the bill. I find it to be gentle enough for my morning facial cleanse. I didn't want a soap that did anything crazy, just something to wash with. For the record I have combination skin that can be oily. I like the pleasant scent. Oh and I was surprised that this does remove makeup pretty well too! Definitely a bonus!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Jinxicat9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm surprised by how many poor product ratings this received. I have super sensitive skin and even at fifty years old I'm still prone to break-outs now and then. I use this sparingly in the morning, rinse well and my face feels fresh and clean. I haven't had near the break-outs with this as I have had with much more expensive products. One thing I would suggest with any facial cleansing product, particularly product with lots of natural ingredients is rinse, rinse and rinse again well.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by kruss

I would NEVER buy this product! I purchased this product and developed cystic acne and pimples! Be careful because I did not immediately develop the acne. It took a few weeks and then boom! I had horrible skin. I have always had "flawless" skin, no issues with pimples or acne but shortly after using this product I had horrible breakouts that consisted of cystic acne and pimples. I finally figured out that it was this product causing the issue since it was the only new thing introduced into my skin routine and within one week of using it the acne had subsided. I haven't used this product in over 6 weeks and my skin is almost back to normal. I will have to purchase creams to help lighten the scarring left from the acne. I would not purchase this product and read other reviews! It has caused a lot of Cystic acne in other users as well!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by feerose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a really polarizing product for me. Normally I like Neutrogena and the products they put out but I am certainly not a fan of this. It left this crazy residue feeling on my skin, and dried it out causing a lot of irritation. The one good thing about this product is that it does take off makeup pretty well, but it doesn't overshadow the gross feeling you have on your face afterward. Nothing really feels natural about this product, it burned my skin the first time I used it. I'm not a fan of gel cleansers in general, have not had good luck with them.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Cerla

I too bought this because my CeraVe ran out and it was on sale at the drugstore so I thought I'd give it a try. After reading the reviews that the product causes redness and dryness, can I suggest to you that you splash lots of water on your face first then only use a quarter of a pump of the cleanser to wash your face. That trick worked well for me and it still effectively removes my makeup. Still, I wouldn't repurchase as I think there are far more gentle cleansers out there.