Neutrogena Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

2.9

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

on 5/27/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Everyone has different skin types. To be honest, this cleanser will not work for you if you have dry/dehydrated skin as it will dry your skin out, not when you first use it but using it continuously will. This happened to me. I was using Cetaphil for about 1-2 years now and decided to change my cleanser, as I felt Cetaphil wasn't doing enough. This cleanser worked for me the first time after i used it but after using it day & night, it dried my skin out and caused tiny white heads to grow on my nose and other parts of my face. I thought this would work for me, since it mentioned that it was 'suitable for acne-prone skin' & 'genle' as well as 'natural', just what I needed. However, it didn't work for me at all. I will definitely recommend it to oily/acne-prone skin as it will give your face a healthy glow and will do just right for oily skin. Do not use this if you have very dry/sensitive skin. The scent is pretty unpleasant for me, but it might be pleasant for others. :)

on 5/14/2014 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this cleanser. I am 32 with combination skin, and this cleanser does a better job of removing all of my makeup than many other cleansers, and doesnt break me out. I dont feel like its too harsh or drying but I also apply moisturizer every evening. Gets the job done and is cheap at $6-7 per bottle. Would re-purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can understand why some people would find this face wash bothersome. I however have been lucky with it so far. I dare say I really like it. It does have a slight drying effect, but my oily skin doesn't mind too much. It also does have (on me) the tiniest burning sensation, but that subsides after I thoroughly rinse it off. For reference, when it comes to skin sensitivity, mine is normal. Some products can aggravate, but most don't. It lathers well and rinses clean. Sometimes I'll just use this on the blemishes on my cheeks and jawline if I feel like my skin is going to be dry that day. Overall, I've not had a negative experience with this cleanser and will continue to use it for some time.
Also, I use Dove bar soap with this cleanser (Dove to remove make-up, this cleanser to cleanse and treat skin), so maybe that's why it hasn't been super bothersome,

on 3/18/2014 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I didn't like this at first because it does leave the skin feeling dry. I have dry skin so I tried all these other creamier "moisturizing" face washes for a while then couple years later decided to re-visit this stuff. Now I LOVE it! I have dry skin and I've come to realize a "moisturizing" face wash isn't going to help moisturize me , that's what lotions are for! Face wash should cleanse & remove dirt and bacteria. This stuff does the trick! It's so clarifying It makes my skin feel so much cleaner and purified as it claims. So far I think it's best to just use it at night & no need to wash in the morning. It does not dry out my skin. I have used it both morning and night and I didn't find it irritating. My skin is semi-sensitive and dry to very dry w/ very few pimples. I was getting random pimples here and there which is what prompted me to re-visit this, because i had it laying around and my current stuff (CeraVe) obvi wasn't working anymore. Its been about a month using this and I haven't had any pimples! I should note this is an old bottle I had laying around from maybe two years ago and I find it still great despite how old it is. I am not sure if there has been any changes in formula. I will re-purchase and update if I notice any difference in formula.

on 3/16/2014 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Smells like poison. Burns like fire.

on 3/12/2014 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Burns and dries out skin. Not good for sensitive and/or dry skin.
Do not use near your eyes as it will sting a lot.

on 3/10/2014 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this product now for a few days and i am pleased with it! i was nervous at first because the reviews weren't all that great. I love the packaging first of all and the smell is wonderful! Feels clean and lovely! I will post an update after about a month

on 3/10/2014 3:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The package got me to buy it but to be honest its not all that great, my skins pretty neutral unless you set it off and this set it off and dried my skin out heaps. I'd normally use a face wash twice a day but with this i could only do it once and it would be dry at the start and oily by the end. if you have oily skin stay away as it drys your skin out so much that it over produces oil. This is not terrible but i wouldn't buy again as there is better out there.

on 3/9/2014 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this! Subtle smell, great thick gel texture, and, most importantly, it gets my sensitive skin super clean without driving it nuts. Face is soft, clean and well behaved for the rest of the day.
Slightly temperamental pump dispenser is a minor downside, but the reasonable price, and economical nature of this product (a little goes a long way) pull it back up.
I'll be sticking with this one for the foreseeable...

I have been only using this face wash for about a week and a half, but I have already noticed a difference in my skin. I have sensitive, acne prone skin and it is clearing up my face and making it so so soft! The acne wash in this naturals line is very harsh on my skin so I only put it on my t-zone and it works great!