Clean & Clear Advantage Popped Pimple Relief Drying Paste

4.4

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%, Acne Medication [Lotion]) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Hydrated Silica, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Isoceteth 20, PEG 6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Titanium Dioxide, Phenoxyethanol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Xanthan Gum , Sodium Citrate, Dimethicone Propyl PG Betaine, Fragrance, Menthyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Citric Acid, Benzalkonium Chloride, Blue 1

on 4/17/2012 10:17:00 PM

So 4 days ago I woke up to a tender tiny little red spot on my right jawline. The type of spot that isn't red and swollen YET but you just know that in a day or two it will be one of those WHOPPING, TENDER, ALL-OUT HUGE zits that seems to never go away. On top of that...it was accompanied by a few smaller breakouts on my left jawline. So I did what I normally do when I decide to declare all out war on a breakout, I headed to CVS.

After 10 minutes of browsing for a new product. I finally narrowd it down to two. Clean & Clear's Popped Pimple Relief Drying Paste and another higher end brands formula (I will not mention their name). After another 15 minute debate with myself I decided to purchase the Clean & Clear for $8 as opposed to the higher end brand for $36 (yes, you read that correctly, $36).

Its 4 days later and I could not be happier that I opted for the Clean & Clear Popped Pimple Relief Drying Paste. This stuff really is a MIRACLE WORKER. That huge, tender, swollen pimple that I felt coming on is now just a tiny red spot! This is the first product that I have ever used that stopped the progress of the pimple dead in its tracks.

I applied the paste every night before bed, and here's another bonus, once it drys, it stays put. No residue on your pillow. No flaking off over the course of the night. It stays on the area you put it on. Each morning I was afraid that when I washed the paste off I would see that huge, red, honking zit rearing its ugly head. BUT each morning all I would see was a little bit of redness and the tenderness was reduced each day. This stuff really does do what it says it will.

Also, do not let the name decieve you. While it may be called a "drying paste" it DID NOT dry out my skin. Which is rare, because every single spot treatment I have used in the past has left me with flaky, dry skin that takes about a week to go away.

For anyone on here who is complaining about the price being too expensive. I think that's just crazy. You use so little of this product each time that I can imagine a tube of it lasting you for well over 3 months.

All in all, this product really is great. Don't expect your pimple to be totally gone overnight, that's not what I'm saying here. But it did drastically improve the severity of my breakouts after each use. This will definitely be my go-to spot treatment product from now on.

on 3/23/2012 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I rarely ever get cystic pimples ever since I finally got my skincare routine down. But recently I changed up my makeup Routine and my skin care routine. I'm too scared to find out which change really caused it but the change left me with four drastic pimples on the side of my face and tiny little ones on thr other side. It was horrible and painful to sleep if I rubbed my face thr wrong way :( plus it made me so self-conscious! I was at a Walmart frantically looking for a treatment that could aid me and I came across this! I boycotted Clean & Clear ages ago cause their cleansers always dried me out and broke me out more! So a bit skeptical I bought this but when reading the reviews for this on here after I got home gave me hope! So i left it on overnight on all my trouble spots (which I do my best not to touch, pick or pop!) and I woke up with my skin almost restored back to normal!! There's still a bit of healing left to do but it shrank the size of my pimples and ahhhhhh<3 im in love! i have very sensitive skin as well and this product didnt irritate my skin at all! :) it only fought those pus-filled bad boys :)

on 1/14/2012 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff. It's the best spot treatment I have found & has saved me from giant cysts & popped disasters. I've tried so many things - mario Badescu, queen helene mask, tto, BP, the list goes on - but nothing has worked for me as well as this paste. I kind of wish they could make it in a less obvious color (maybe something more skintoned instead of the bright toothpaste look it has), but that's really not a huge deal. I'll definitely buy this again.

on 12/4/2011 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I've had some breakouts on my chin/jaw from pms & I thought I'd give this a shot w/ all the positive reviews but sadly I seem to be the only person here that this did squat for. Maybe salicylic acid just isn't magic for me but this did nothing to my pimples. I used this on the same pimples for days (even a tiny one I foolishly popped) & it didn't effect it whatsoever. I'm glad this worked for some but it was a waste of me money for me :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This stuff is great! I was looking for a good spot treatment, and finally found it thanks to the reviews here. I was using bye bye blemish before, but found that it dried my skin out more than the actual spot I was trying to treat. When I have a big spot, I'll use this for 3 nights and it shrinks the spot drastically. I'm surprised it works so well because it only has .5% salicylic acid. Only thing I don't like is how it costs about $10 around here for a tiny .5 oz tube, but I'm sure walmart/target sell it for a lot less.

on 10/28/2011 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. I kid you not when my face looks like a warzone after i pick on it, this comes to the rescue. It shrinks the inflammation and speeds up healing so much. It isnt going to magically erase the popping evidence, but it does help tons. More tham i would expect anything else too. It is a little pricey for how much you get but you dont need too much of it to get the job done. If you are one of those compulsive squeezers, go out and buy this!! You wont be disappointed.

on 9/27/2011 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just like everyone else has said, this stuff is great. I had bought it about a month ago to use as its name implies...to dry up popped pimples. My skin had been cooperating recently so I hadn't had much use for it (thankfully!). Now, enter in a bad hormonal flare up and I've got a mess on my face. I read these reviews a couple days ago and decided to give it a try as a spot treatment. I normally use 2.5% BP, not salicylic acid, but this stuff really worked very well at shrinking both smaller pimples and the larger deeper ones. It also smells really fresh, which is something you don't get a lot with acne products. It stayed on overnight despite my tossing and turning. I paid about $8 for it so not too expensive and for the results, it's worth it!

on 9/17/2011 11:53:00 PM

Really love this stuff! It does significantly reduce pimple size and I've only worn it one night so far. It does dry white like it says on the description but that doesn't bother me. I've also noticed it says on overnight very well. Any other acne treatment that dries white that I've used flakes off of my face over night which isn't very effective. I'll always used 10% Benzoyl Peroxide, but this is Salicylic Acid so I guess that is what makes it more effective on acne. Either way, I'm glad I found this and I will continue to use this as my go to acne medicine!

on 9/13/2011 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I am pretty impressed by this. Three nights of wearing it and my blemishes dry up almost completely. It doesn't sting like some other treatments do. It definitely shows up white on - make sure the lights are out! - but it is effective. Even better, using this product doesn't leave me with red marks or scars after. It also doesn't dry out the skin around the blemish, like most targeted spot treatments do. Decent amount of product for the price. Highly recommend.

Update: I used this stuff on this monster recurring blemish I have that pops back up every year toward the end of the year (no kidding). In years past I have tried so many different things to shrink it and get rid of it and nothing worked; I would have to suffer with it for like two or three weeks - miserable. After applying this paste to it for five nights in a row, it has shrunk almost completely. Amazing.

on 8/14/2011 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Something compelled me to buy this- I guess cause I am guilty of picking my face and the name...made sense. Anyway, I have a bunch of pimple creams and gels from Murad to AcneFree to Neutrogena...yeah. This stuff dries my zits out like NO OTHER! The most effective zit stuff I ever tried. Granted, my zits aren't 100% gone the next day, but they're dry and peely so pretty much on their way to being gone. There is definitely shrinkage in my zits when i wear it overnight. It does say on the package to apply it a few times a day but you really can't unless your at home not going anywhere. It dries really white so it's definitely NOT invisible. I think it works even faster if you can use it that much but even so, for just overnight it works really well too. I've probably been using this for a 2 weeks but I really like it. Hopefully it keeps working as well for a while since my other stuff is all pretty much MEH on the effectiveness level now. Great stuff PLEASE try it, especially on those hormonal suckers!! Please note- you should definitely rinse this off your fingers after applying since it is sooo drying. I can also see it being irritatingly dry if you have sensitive skin, so be aware.

Popular Treatments (Face)