April 17, 2014 | 1013 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Tinted Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by alleycats3003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not a fan of this. The smell of it is really off-putting and it doesn't really do much for my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by oosez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have this in Red Dahlia and Rose. Rose is quite a lovely flush, almost like a stain whereas Red Dahlia leaves a much stronger impression.

I absolutely love this. It's good to carry around in a handbag for a casual day out. I find it more moisturising than the other lip balms in the Burt's bee's range, and moreso than most other lip balms, frankly. It's not sticky, doesn't feel grainy or greasy, smells v v lovely, keeps my lips soft.

One con is that it melts very easily. I understand the packaging is to insulate it from heat? But it seems a little impractical to open it all up and put it all back in, when I just want to touch up. However, this hasn't really affected my experience with the product (yet! Aussie Summer is approaching...), so still giving it five stars.

EDIT 23 Nov 2013
I left my Rose balm in the car on a hot day and the balm inside completely melted into the cap and the formula separated into its different components. A warning to keep your balm in a cool place! Otherwise, this balm remains my go-to, it's the only one that keeps my lips soft and doesn't make them flake. I even bought three new shades to go with my replacement Rose - Petunia, Pink Blossom, and Hibiscus. Hibiscus is a nice pink/peach tone on my lips. Pink Blossom is a light pink that barely shows, and Petunia is transparent on me (great for wearing underneath my lipsticks).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by loveydove

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

What a waste of money! I picked the darkest tint (Red Dahlia) and there was virtually no tint on my lips whatsoever! My lips are naturally pale so there should've been some coloration. The balm itself was average and didn't moisturize and condition as it claims to do in fact my lips were waxy after about an hour. Will not buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by justcait

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The normal Burt's Bees lip balm (both pot and stick) do nothing for my very dry lips, but I wanted a tinted lip balm that wasn't pink or orange so I tried this (Yes To Carrots, I'm sorry, I wanted to love you but your red is too orangey). So, enter Burt's Bees tinted lip balm. I really like it - it's a great colour (Red Dahlia) which leaves a natural-looking 'my lips but better' colour, just a slight hint of colour because it's quite sheer. AND it actually makes my lips less dry, so it wins on function as well as form.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by frckls

To start off, I'm about medium-yellow in shade and have crappy pigmented lips. They tend to look pinkish fresh out of the shower, juicy red if I just finish eating, and very unflattering-dead looking mauve when I'm tired. Bah.

I have the shade HIBISCUS. This baby gives me a pair of juicy pinkish-peach lips. Being so pigmented, ANY lippies that claim themselves being peach, looks very unflatteringly ugly pink on me. Burt's Bees claims this to be pink, but it looks like the perfect peach on my lips.

I also have the shade PINK BLOSSOM, which is the perfect pink for my warm-toned skin. It doesn't look too bubble-gummy on my lips and it just appears that I have a lovely pair of pink lips.

This tinted lip balm stayed on my lips for a good 2 hours or 3. A good meal would erase it all. But, however faded the sheen is, it leaves a faint tint on my lips. It is sheer alright, but with an ample pigmentation, making my lips look naturally juicy.

However, there is a difference in performance of Hibiscus and Pink Blossom.
Hibiscus tends to cling on dry chaps and doesn't fix that well, although still feels slippery. I thought I got a bad stuff, so I got another one and it felt just all the same.
Pink Blossom doesn't have this problem at all and moisturizes my lips very very beautifully.
That's why I gave 3-lippies for inconsistency.

The packaging is a brown boring plastic tube. But to be honest, I like it that I can just slip it into my pocket. I prefer this more than a fancy looking Chanel Rouge Coco Shine or Nars Sheer Lipstick that is not pocket friendly, costs about 3x (or more) as much, and lasts about the same on the lips.
Plus, this is much more natural (ingredients-wise) and cruelty-free.

Definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a really great tinted balm! No taste or scent, sheer and glossy, and extremely moisturizing. So nice. I have rose and red dahlia, and they are lovely. I think the big cardboard tube they come in is a bit odd, but no matter. Good job, Burt's Bees! Buzzy buzzy buzzy. I am glad they are a neutral formula (again, no taste or scent or rough texture), it's a huge plus for me. Would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by fredinbed

I bought this in Tiger Lily and really like it.

For reference I'm very fair with gingery/blonde hair and hazel eyes. My lips are quite pigmented given my complexion (though not very pigmented compared to most people) but they tend to have a purple/blue appearance which I'm not always keen on. Tiger Lily doesn't really add a lot of colour to my lips but it does tone down the purple and warm up my lips. It is lovely and subtle and a really great match for my colouring.

This product lost points for me on the packaging. I understand that the cardboard is post consumer recycled and cute but it didn't really need to be there in the first place. Less packaging would have made me happier. Also the price was $14.95 which is expensive for a lip balm, really expensive. I was tossing up between these and the revlon lip butters which run $21.95 here. I haven't seen a similarly coloured tinted lip balm around that is cheaper unfortunately. I'm really tempted to buy hibiscus too but I'm sure I can find a cheaper dupe.

The last criticism I have is a lack of SPF. I feel like a lot of the dryness I get on my lips is the result of sun damage. I'm not sure how I'll go using these in the summer. I might have to layer them with a clear SPF balm, which almost defeats the purpose

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Colors are good but lasting power isn't great. They also tend to dry my lips after gloss has faded. Application is almost too soft and I find myself rubbing extra product into my lips with my finger. Good enough to continue using but won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by xoxosilver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this lip balm in hibiscus, and I really love the color on my lips. Once I took it off, however, gave me REALLY dry and parched skin, so I still recommend you layer with another lip product underneath.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by jj192

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Really wasn't impressed with this: I didn't like the texture or colour (I bought this in Hibiscus) and it was very drying. I really wanted to like it but I can't bring myself to use it again.