September 30, 2014 | 1138 users online

Foundations - Too Faced - Amazing Face Oil Free Close-Up Coverage

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by soveryartistic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I purchased this for €38, and I don't usually pay that much for a foundation; but I heard many good things about this product and decided to give it a try. At first application I could tell a huge difference between applying drugstore foundations and this. I realized I'd rather pay more for a foundation and use it till the last drop, then occasionally buy cheaper ones and leave them unused in my drawer because they're too orange/oily/drying/cakey/etc.

Firstly, I love how this product has yellow undertones without ANY orange in it. It evens out my reddish skin tone and makes my skin look drastically better with a first thin layer. I layer a bit more on my problem zones that need more coverage, then I use a bit of concealer and set my face with translucent powder. Even without a primer, it lasts longer than any foundation I have used, and my face is much less oily during the day than it used to be. I honestly didn't think that it was possible, I had always troubles with matching foundation to my neck -- all looked fake and unnatural, and my make-up didn't stay long on my face, after 3 hours it would disappear and leave my face blotchy-looking. This Too Faced product has solved both problems and I couldn't be happier.

I'm not a fan of packaging tho -- I'm a bit clumsy and I'm afraid that I would drop the glass bottle and it would break. Also, it smells weird. I can't really say what is it, but it reminds my of what Acne.org's AHA+ smells like, it might have the same ingredient. But that doesn't bother me much.

Overall, it would be a six-star product if it would be at least a little cheaper, I give it 4 stars because of the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by kwippy

I have extremely sensitive skin that can break out if the wind blows and was duped into buying this product. For one thing, you can tell how much effort you're going to need to take it off your skin at the end of the day by how easy it is to clean it off your foundation brush. It take me several tries and soaking in a solution to get the gunk off my brush. I agree that it gives great coverage, but at what price? I'm not sure if its my make up brush, but the product has a funky smell to it. I've trashed my expensive brush because of this foundation!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

when I first came across to this brand I was very skeptical about it, I was like oh ok another brand with cute girlie packaging...so what... Then I was on the hunt for a cream bronzer and I discovered their bronzer the aqua bunny one and i fell in love! Then I started buying more and more stuff from this brand. Eye shadows BOOM ! excellent ! matte bronzer BOOM flawless, primer BOOM fabulous ! So now I really like this brand and I really like the fact that they dont sell a million of different things like benefit for example just what you really need , I was at sephora and I picked this foundation up from the clearance for $15 I think the regular price for this is $30 if I m not mistaken. I find the price ok i guess more on the expensive side but affordable at the same time. Comes in a fancy glass bottle without a pump but the bottle has a smaller than usual opening so you can really control the amount of foundation that is about to come out . I think this foundation comes in 6 shades all of them are yellow based and quite neutral as well.Its an oil free formula and has really natural finish neither matte neither satiny so pretty much any skin type can benefit from this one. Has a thin texture that blends easily and looks seamless on the skin. Sets to a beautiful natural finish and makes your face look very VERY fresh youthful and natural.Has quite good staying power and it doesnt set into fine lines at all. My one and only complain is the coverage . Offers a sheer coverage but the formula is for sure buildable but I end up using way too much product to achieve the desire coverage. Its for sure a good foundation for everyday use. Blends easily and its pretty much invincible on the skin you can easily apply it and leave if you are in a hurry . if you dont need high coverage this is for sure one very good option

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by ATbravesBabex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you have oily skin do not buy this foundation! Usually, even with my greasepot of a face it takes at least a few hours for the shine to break through. But IMMEDIATELY after applying this it was oily. It was even oily after I applied my finishing powder and that is really saying something. I tried it with a primer and without a primer. Same results. And besides that, the consistency of the foundation itself was runny, almost watery and had little to no coverage at all. Basically if you have dry skin and are looking for light coverage, this is perfect for you. Otherwise, leave it on the shelf. (Pretty packaging though, I do like that!)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by RobinMaryAgnes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have not tried this product yet, other than using a swipe from the bottle at Ulta. I really like the bottle. But my question is: what brand of drugstore makeup is similar? Does CoverGirl have any type of their foundations which is similar? I don't want to pay 36 dollars for a foundation. Any imput is appareciated.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a difficult product to review because I can see how good it is. However, I will not repurchase for a couple of reasons. The first is that I need full coverage. You can sorta build this up but it is soooo tacky that it just ends up feeling yucky when I do. It takes forever to set. I have to powder and powder. Those are the two main reasons I would not repurchase. The smell is really weird. I said it was like buttered rum but the SA said he thought it smelled like cake batter. The smell does not go away. The bottle is tacky and needs a pump. Finally, the color range is very limited.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by KGirl24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't want to jinx it, but I think I may have found my HG foundation. Right now, my skin is pretty clear (don't want to jinx this either). This foundation is light but can be built up to medium. It feels like I have nothing on my skin. My skin looks evened out without the look and cakeyness of foundation. This seems to wear pretty long too. I'm not sure how it would do on oily skin, but I think normal/dry would like it. It seems to last long too which is an added bonus for me. I do set it with LM soft focus shine control powder and the combination is great. The shades seem to run a bit dark. I am around NC20 and I bought the lightest shade. I think that I will definitely be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by dthai90

I LOVE the bottle. Yes, I know it's probably not 'hygienic' as it could be with a pump, but it's so pretty and looks great on my bathroom counter. Aside from that, the product is great - it applies smooth and is almost undetectable even close up. A drop will be enough to brush over the whole face. I like that the foundation is light, which is good for everyday use.

I don't have any gripes with there being no SPF, but that's because I wear an SPF primer and moisturiser underneath. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 11:29:00 AM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After I read Phyrra's review of this, I was a little curious. Somehow, I've become one of those women who has slowly started to accumulate foundations and my current HG, EL DoubleWear is a little heavy for the summer months and tends to oxidize when I sweat even a little (as most foundations do on me). So I decided to try this since I felt that Phyrra's skin (while admittedly nicer than mine) looked very nice with this foundation on. All in a all, I do like it: the coverage is buildable and it definitely covers large pores. Though I agree with other reviewers--using moisturizer or sunscreen underneath will create an oily mess on your face. I just wear this over primer and nothing else. I do have to blot maybe once or twice which is not necessary with DW but I don't *look* very greasy, I just feel greasy.

One con is that the shades are fairly limited and tend to run dark I think. I have light-medium olive skin with true neutral undertones. I wear Warm Vanilla since the next shade up was oddly red on me. Warm Vanilla is a touch pink but not terribly so.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2011 1:49:00 AM More reviews by blister

If you live in a humid country like mine, and you have oily skin this would work best without a moisturizer. This foundation makes your skin look healthy and look gorgeous in pictures, but the staying power is not really that impressive.

The texture is very close to a tinted moisturizer and the coverage is light-medium. I would say that this would be a good foundation for those good skin days and you just want to look natural by not having too much makeup on your skin. That's the only reason why I don't throw this out because if I need to go somewhere and just wanted to look presentable in a flash, I grab this foundation and one drop is enough to cover my entire face. Since the texture is runny, this is very easy to blend.

And yes, since this is like a tinted moisturizer, the finish is a bit dewy. Just be careful with how you put your setting powder because you might buff away the foundation since the layer that sticks to your face is very thin.

About the packaging, I was surprised when I saw the Too Faced name was peeled off :p and now all I have it's a brandless bottle.