September 22, 2014 | 1225 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Care Stick - Cocoa Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by acnebabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this lip balm. there's nothing bad i can say about this product. moisturizes your lips VERY well. it doesn't feel heavy, when i put it on, i can't even feel it. you can put on as much as you like without your lips looking too oily, and you don't even need too much or to reapply often. the smell is gorgeous, like milky chocolate, didn't like it at first but it grows on you. you'll get super soft lips. highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by JasmineLynette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i left my chapstick at home when i was on my way to work ran over to the bodyshop and picked this up not really knowing what to expect, my lips were so soft and it smells just like coconut! i really only needed to apply it much only applied again cuz i got bored lol

loove this stuff

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsNorah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really good chapstick. I got it because my dermatologist told me to get a lip treatment that includes cocoa butter 'cause it's moisturizing. Well, this chapstick does moisturize without making my lips sticky and it smells like chocolate - which is not my favorite scent, but it disappears in seconds, so that's fine.
Would I buy it again?ummm, I don't know. I chose "yes" cause it's good, but I think there are some cheaper alternatives and it doesn't has SPF in it. (that's why I gave it 4 lippies)

Bottom line: If you don't care about the price and the SPF and if you're not sensitive to the chocolate scent then I recommend it to you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by jess2160

I have very dry and cracked lips for quite some time. I've been trying a lot of lipbalms but those lipbalms only give me temporary effects and I have to keep re-applying it throughout the day. After reading good reviews & recommendations on this Cocoa Butter lipcare stick, I decided to give it a try. And I'm totally in love with it. None of the lipbalms that I have tried previously gave me the same effect that I had with this Cocoa Butter lipcare stick. It is so moisturizing and I don't need to re-apply it every now and then. It is by far the best lipbalm that I've ever tried and has quickly becomes my HG lipbalm. I would definitely re-purchase it....loving it....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Suikerklontje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wonderful product! I have very dry and chapped lips in the winter, and this is my absolute favourite lip balm. This balm has cocoa butter in it, which is a very old remedy for chapped and dry lips. It also contains olive oil and sweet almond oil, two other brilliant moisturising products.
It is not sticky, stays on for a long time and really moisturises. The smell is chocolaty but not overpowering. I love this and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by kaaary

i had high hopes for this but for me it's not that moisturizing and the smell is a bit sickening. it smells really good at first (like cocoa butter and chocolate) but after using it for a while i got sick of the smell. the smell is REALLY strong too so you can't escape it. however, i do like how it looks on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This lip balm really is great and actually does repair dry lips instead of just making them greasy for awhile while its on.
The texture is very thick and nice and doesn't make lips too glossy. There is very little flavour, and the scent is sort of a light cocoa butter scent (not chocolate).
After using this for a little while my lips began to break out in itchy hives when I used it, so obviously I stopped. My boyfriend started using it and loves it, its his favorite lip product ever. He has no reaction to it, and I recently put a few things together and came to the conclusion that I'm allergic to cocoa butter as many cocoa butter concentrated products give me itchy hives.
So while I would not buy it for myself again, I will probably buy it again to give to my boyfriend as a gift because its an outstanding lip balm and he really likes it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by jesseb0bessy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

O...M....G. this is literally, THE ONLY chapstick I will ever use on my lips for the rest of my life! It is 5x better than Burt's Bees, which was my last fav before I discovered this over a years ago.

The thing with this is that the 1st 5 ingredients are mostly oils & butters which PENETRATE even the driest winter lips. & it contains waxes (incl. Bees wax) to SEAL in the oils/ butters to keep your lips moist for longer periods of time compared to Chapstick, Carmex or Burtsbees.

It's a bit pricey, but you don't have to reapply very often. 1 stick will last you a good 2 months if you use it everyday. My tip is to buy it when the bodyshop has a deal on it (ie. buy 1 get 1 50% off), I promise you: you will want to repurchase again & again. So instead, stock up!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by MariaCamilla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I buy a new one every year and use it for when it's cold. I love the smell so much, not to sweet, just like cocoa, and I think it moisturizes my lips perfectly. Completely worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2010 3:48:00 AM More reviews by vutram

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

i love skincare of TBS except this moisture lip.The price is not cheap and isn't enough moisturing.After applying 1 hour , i feel my lips being dryer than without .