April 17, 2014 | 899 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous Extreme

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by stipeluvr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Goes on easily with minimal clumping, separates the lashes, and stays put all day. It's my favorite mascara now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I also got this as a GWP. The color is nice (I got bold black). However, I found the large brush very difficult to navigate. It might be one of the biggest brushes that I've ever used. After the second coat, I had made such a mess that I was scared to continue. I've used all sorts of mascaras, and never had all of these problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Kirbyness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ah! HG Mascara! I got this as a gift and I absolutely adore it. I have relatively long lashes as it is and this just compliments, volumizes, lengthens and curls them beautifully with no clumps. I've always used drugstore brands like Maybelline, Wet n Wild, ect but this just blows them out of the water! It's very expensive and I really wanted to hate it after I saw the price but it's too good; I fully intend on marching out to buy another when this runs out. The packaging is just beautiful as well. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by yaiza123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

YES finally found a HG product. This mascara is amazing. My eyelashes are relatively long (thanks to li-lash) but they dont really curl. When I use this my eyelashes get huge (reach my eyebrow and anything :p). Gives nice volume as well and the curl lasts all the day. Also it doesnt flake. My previous favourite (max factor false lash effect) had the tendency to do that, so Im quite glad this one doesnt :). I cant really name anything negative bout this mascara exept the price. 28 bucks is of course ridiculous, I was lucky enough to find this with 40% off. Though I think that if I would run out I would pay fullprice for this since it really is that great :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2012 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Suesaroo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First - I hate the fact that Estee discontinued Projectionist. I bought the "replacement" Double Wear no-smudge lengthening that the counter person recommended and it was horrible.

This one is more my style. Still lokking though.

At least my eyes don't itch and the brush is fuller.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by misskerryk

THIS IS THE GREATEST MASCARA EVER!
Extends, volumizes, the whole nine yards. easy application. I cant live without this

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by MultiQuna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I didn't like this at first because it was to thin, but after some days the mascare thickend. It is one of the best mascaras I've tried, but it is a bit pricy.It gives long thick lashes, but it clumps a bit. I don't think it's worth the price, but it gives freat volume. I bought this on tax free and there it was almost the same price as drugstore mascaras, so I would by it again for that price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Pyretta5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I wanted to hate this mascara. I got it as a GWP and after not one, but two bad experiences in a row with sales reps at the EL counter of the dept. store I get most of my stuff at, I swore I wasn't going to even look their way for anything. I tossed it in with a couple other GWP mascaras and forgot about it.

But then one day I was doing a basic makeup and felt my other ones were a bit too 'dramatic' for a plain ole day time look. So I used it. No angels singing or disco lights, but it did the job. So I kept going back to it, again and again.

Without a doubt, this has become my go to mascara. It has a nice black color, and def. gives my sparse lashes volume and gives a multiplying effect. If I'm going out at night and want a bit more drama, I'll top it off with some 'They're Real' by Benefit. Every time I reach for it, it does exactly what I need it to do. Rarely clumps, which is more than I can say for some of my Lancome and the Benefit one.

I'm comforting myself with the fact that I can just order this online from the dept. store I frequent and not have to suck it up and deal with the crappy EL SAs, who seem to think they're doing you a favor by acknowledging your existence.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara is about as good as any but nothing exceptional. Pros - its quite black, leaves the lashes fairly soft, and doesnt flake at all. It doesn't clump much, even with multiple coats. Cons - the applicator brush is pretty big and awkward so not the easiest mascara to use. It also doesn't hold a curl in the lashes, and although it adds some volume, it not enough to justify the high price. I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by PinkCupcakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Probably worth two "lippies" but I gave it one considering the nerve Estee Lauder have slapping such a high price on this. The huge brush is clumsy, makes it difficult to coat smaller lashes in corners and you'll get mascara all over your eyelids with this. When removing this in the shower, I've never felt such pain and stinging in my life. It felt like battery acid got in my eyes, and I don't think I'm comfortable with having something that potent 2mm away from my eye balls. Lucky I only got a trial size tube as a free gift from a department store. Bad product!