October 25, 2014 | 1277 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous Extreme

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by ellyna92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a very good lengthening and curling mascara, rather than volumizing. Thanks to the fibers it contains I manage to get the look I always desired: super long, curly and separated lashes.
The colour is amazing: it's a very deep black that stays unaltered all day long. It doesn't smudge or flake, it's still beautiful in the evening when I get back home.

The packaging is... 'sumptuous': it comes in a golden tube, with the blue letters 'EL' running around it.

I will certainly buy it again.

The only con is the price... Here in Italy it costs 25.90 �, which is 33.80 $!!!!

***EDIT*** 8/02/2013

After a month and a half of use the formula started getting thicker and thicker, and these days I find it difficult to apply it without getting clumps.
It also started flaking by the time I applied it in the morning, because it became sort of 'dry'.
I have to remove one lippie because mascaras are supposed to 'live' about three months.... moreover the bottle still contains a lot of product and I hate the fact that I'd already need to buy a new one in order to get the results I want.

I would still buy this again if I don't find a better mascara.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by MrsNoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Thankfully I got this in one of Estee Lauder's amazing gift with purchase deals that they did toward the end of last year...
I was really excited to try this one out, but I must say I'm pretty disappointed. For something that is called 'Sumptuous Extreme' I was expecting my lashes to be really full and lucious, but instead they are left looking quite average.
What I do like about it is that it doesn't dry and flake off the lashes, and is easy to get off in the evenings.
If you're after an everyday 'natural' look, I'd recommend this, but it's definitely not for party eyes like I was hoping!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by andrada89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best mascara I have ever tried. I was trying Lancome, Dior mascaras, but this one is the only mascara that made a visible difference on my eye lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by stipeluvr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Goes on easily with minimal clumping, separates the lashes, and stays put all day. It's my favorite mascara now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I also got this as a GWP. The color is nice (I got bold black). However, I found the large brush very difficult to navigate. It might be one of the biggest brushes that I've ever used. After the second coat, I had made such a mess that I was scared to continue. I've used all sorts of mascaras, and never had all of these problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Kirbyness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ah! HG Mascara! I got this as a gift and I absolutely adore it. I have relatively long lashes as it is and this just compliments, volumizes, lengthens and curls them beautifully with no clumps. I've always used drugstore brands like Maybelline, Wet n Wild, ect but this just blows them out of the water! It's very expensive and I really wanted to hate it after I saw the price but it's too good; I fully intend on marching out to buy another when this runs out. The packaging is just beautiful as well. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by yaiza123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

YES finally found a HG product. This mascara is amazing. My eyelashes are relatively long (thanks to li-lash) but they dont really curl. When I use this my eyelashes get huge (reach my eyebrow and anything :p). Gives nice volume as well and the curl lasts all the day. Also it doesnt flake. My previous favourite (max factor false lash effect) had the tendency to do that, so Im quite glad this one doesnt :). I cant really name anything negative bout this mascara exept the price. 28 bucks is of course ridiculous, I was lucky enough to find this with 40% off. Though I think that if I would run out I would pay fullprice for this since it really is that great :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2012 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Suesaroo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First - I hate the fact that Estee discontinued Projectionist. I bought the "replacement" Double Wear no-smudge lengthening that the counter person recommended and it was horrible.

This one is more my style. Still lokking though.

At least my eyes don't itch and the brush is fuller.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by misskerryk

THIS IS THE GREATEST MASCARA EVER!
Extends, volumizes, the whole nine yards. easy application. I cant live without this

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by MultiQuna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I didn't like this at first because it was to thin, but after some days the mascare thickend. It is one of the best mascaras I've tried, but it is a bit pricy.It gives long thick lashes, but it clumps a bit. I don't think it's worth the price, but it gives freat volume. I bought this on tax free and there it was almost the same price as drugstore mascaras, so I would by it again for that price.