October 25, 2014 | 896 users online

Eyeliner - Physicians Formula - Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by SophiaSopapilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love a good cat eye. Learning how to do it right can be a real b*tch. I tried the tape method, free hand method, even crafted a nifty template thing. While all of those methods worked, nothing worked like this eyeliner.
Goes on smooth, color is pigmented and the cat eyeliner-its done. The tip is precise, mistakes can be easily corrected (do it quickly and gently though). Plus it claims to increase eyelash growth. I haven't used it long enough to see the results of that claim but the eyeliner alone is worth buying it for.
This is all I use for the cat eye now. So much less hassle in the morning. I put my shadow on, then this before finishing with mascara. Doesn't run. It sprinkled most of the day today and the eyeliner never budged.
This is the first pen eyeliner that has really worked for me. Love it.

UPDATE: So its been 3 weeks and holy cow-my eyelashes are longer, thicker and just straight up fabulous. I was accused of wearing falsies! I even asked the hubs how my makeup looked (purposely not mentioning my eyes) and to quote "your eyes look really good. you have lots of eyelashes." This is coming from a man who never notices anything. ever.

so I ran to ultra and stocked up. falsies are fun when you have time, but they are also obnoxious and the glue can be a real pain. For about $10-this is so much better!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by 2002beauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eyeliner. It performs the same as high end eyeliners, it lasts all day and the color is rich. I had the black for a long time and daily use and i bought the ultra black this time which is more dramatic. I love them both but the black or maybe the brown which i haven't tried would be better for day wear and the rich black for evening wear. I don't know the effects on eyelash growth but this is a great makeup item that i will keep purchasing

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Susiedbc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG eyeliner!!! I have been hunting both for an eyeliner to tightline with that wouldn't transfer, and also an eyeliner that can line above the lashes, but very, very close to the lash line. I was tempted to buy the Smashbox version of this, but it is $24. This seems to be EXACTLY the same in its application and lastingness. No transfer AT ALL. I got two of these (black and brown) for the cost it would be to get one Smashbox liner. I am really, really impressed with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

I have been using this for a week. I got it with the bonus clear formula. It's the best eyeliner I've used thus far. The line is thin and dark, and has good staying power. I'm sure a primer would make it even better. As for the growing, I honestly went in being skeptical. I wasn't going to report any maybes, but I HAVE noticed definite growth especially on my lower lids lashes. I had a few short hairs on my left eye, and it's grown crazy fast in just one week. I am excited to see what they will look like by week 4! Will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE this eyeliner so much. A tube lasts so much longer than any other felt-tip eyeliner I've ever had, including my former HG, Stila Stay All Day (tends to dry out after a month of daily use). This applies fairly wet, which is nice because it doesn't tug on my lids but not nice because it's messy. Lasts all day, no smudges. Can't really speak to the lash boosting effect since I have naturally long lashes and don't see a difference (but I don't use this everyday). For the price you can't beat it. Will buy it forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was using potted gel/cream liner before work because it's the most durable on my eyes, but I realized fussing with a brush was a little too time-consuming in the mornings. Then I switched to pencils because they're quicker to use, but I've never found a pencil yet that doesn't transfer a little to my undereye area. I was getting tired of that, so I decided to try a liquid liner.

As I usually do before buying a new item, I checked MUA reviews. This came up as a top-rated choice. I was a wee bit dubious since PF has been hit-or-miss with me in the past, but I sucked it up and forked over the $12+ (!) for this liner. (Can we talk about the price? Why on earth is this brand so damned pricey? It's like they want to be the least popular brand in the drugstore makeup aisle.)

When I actually used it, I was more than pleasantly surprised. My experiences with (drugstore) liquid liners have been frustrating due to the uniformly crappy applicators--foam things that were too thick to make precise lines or long, floppy, blunt-cut brushes that were difficult to manipulate and splayed easily. This PF liner comes with an amazing, perfect brush applicator--it is not too long, slim with a finely pointed tip and bristles that are neither too stiff nor too flexible. It reminds me of a fine-tipped Chinese calligraphy brush. It's surprisingly easy to use, even for someone who's more used to applying liner with angled brushes. I can apply the liner right at the lashline and make nicely sharp flicks at the outer corners.

The product flows easily through the bristles without requiring any clicking, as with a Stila lipgloss or YSL's Touche Eclat. You just have to shake the pen before application and bear down slightly on the bristles to get it going. I've been using it everyday for about 3 weeks and the tip remains good. I appreciate that the pen seems designed to prevent accidental splaying of the tip.

I got the Ultra Black color and it is a slightly shiny, true black. I sometimes do need to go over a line twice in order to get it as dark as I want it, but it's no big deal. Once the liner dries, it lasts the entire workday as long as I don't rub my eyes or cry. It also does not smudge or transfer to my lower lid.

I was skeptical of the notion that this would help boost eyelash growth, though I thought the idea of putting lash-enhancing ingredients into an eyeliner was really smart. But I've lately noticed that my eyelashes look a tiny bit longer and fuller than before. The difference is very small, but I still appreciate whatever I can get.

Overall, I'm really impressed with this product and would definitely recommend and repurchase it.

ETA: This comes off easily when it gets wet, so be careful. My eyes sometimes get watery due to allergies and I've found this eyeliner will come right off if I dab at my eyes when they're tearing up. OTOH, the last time my lashes looked this long and full was when I was using a growth-enhancing serum. Still 5 lippies. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Reviews finally go to me. This is a really decent eye liner! I remember when they first launched, and they came in 2-paks. I *almost* bought them then but didn't. I was a fool, but PF is *expensive* for a d/s line and I didn't want to get suckered into something that didn't work. I finally caved and I am impressed! I don't know exactly what the tip is made of exactly but it gives a really nice precise line and makes a cat eye or winged liner SO much easier than it was with my gels. (I am a total dork with those, even after all these years...) Wears well and I never need to do any touch ups. I don't know how long one tube lasts as I'm still on my first, but when I'm in a bit of a rush in the morning, this is the first eye liner I grab because it's so quick and easy (and I don't have to keep dipping into a pot or tube for more). I got Ultra Black because I heard the regular Black is not that deep and I want my black to be, well, black, not grey or smoke or charcoal. Now I keep wishing I'd see a double pack again (do they make those anymore?) Definitely worth the price but try to get these on sale (especially IF you ever see a 2-pak!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 2:15:00 PM More reviews by catnip777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in Brown and Ultra Black. I use the brown eyeliner most often. I purchased this liner as a dupe for the Stila liquid eyeliner pen. I have to say I am very pleased with this product. It stays on just as well as the Stila and the color payoff is good as well.
For a drugstore product, it is more expensive at full price. That's not to say it does not perform well- it does. However, with the number of sales the drugstores and Ulta has, I don't think you HAVE to pay full price for these liners. I don't buy into the serum claims of this product. Honestly, I don't use it enough to see a difference.

PROS: goes on easily, stays in place, good dupe for Stila liquid liner pen (I have this as well and I believe it is very, very comparable), lower price than the Stila and can often be found at discount during a sale.

CONS: Could be considered pricey at full price for a drugstore product- but this brand is often put on sale.

I have not experienced any problems with this liner to date, have been using for a couple of months. I would recommend this product to others!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by arlin7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW, just WOW.
This is a great eyeliner. It gives a very precise line, lasts all day and very easy to manipulate. I am a makeup junkie so I have a mice variety of cheap and expensive eyeliners but if I want to line my upper lashes - my hand automatically reaches for this little thing. It gives me gorgeous and professional results.
The only no-so-good thing about it is it's price. In Canada it costs around 15$ plus taxes so total ~20$. So I started to order this eyeliner from iherbs.com and I save money that way.
By the way, it lasts in my case around 2 years. So it has a nice longetivity.
I definitely recommend it and advise you to try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Thunderblitz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty good eyeliner - lasts long and is easy to apply. The amazing thing is that it really DID grow my eyelashes long. I swear, it looks like I'm wearing false eyelashes, they have never been this long in my life. I initially purchased this not expecting anything, and then purchased a second time. It was at this point that I noticed how long my eyelashes were getting, and couldn't figure out why until I remembered this product was said to boost eyelash growth. For under $10, this is definitely a winner.

I was curious about the ingredients, and found that it contains Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, a peptide that is said to increase eyelash length by up to 25 percent.