Almay Get Up and Grow

3.5

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Cera Alba ((Beeswax) Cire D'Abeille), Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Cera Carnauba ((Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax) Cire de Carnauba), Trisiloxane, Triethanolamine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Bis-Vinyl Dimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Isosteareth-200 Linoleate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Nylon-6, Simethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Black 2 (CI 77266), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this mascara, just as I love all Almay mascaras. I have vey sensitive eyes with contacts and Almay is one of the few makeup lines who mascaras do not irritate my eyes in any way.

This mascara creates a very nice and natural long lashed wide eyed look. It also removes very easily. This like most Almay mascaras works best for creating a natural look which enhances the type of lashes you already have. If you have very short lashes or want a more dramatic false lashed look this will not do it for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

i'm really surprised with the negative reviews. first of all, i have really short and thin lashes so mascara is definitely a must-have. i finally found another HG mascara! (the other one is maybelline the colossal mascara). this mascara really thickens and lengthens my lashes with just one coat. this is definitely an overall mascara (lengthens, thickens, separates, defines), it didn't clump on me either. i love the packaging, looks really expensive yet it's very affordable. it also holds the curl. (woohoo!)

PROS
+thickens
+lengthens
+separates and defines
+holds the curl
+doesn't flake nor smudge
+dark pigment
+nice, sleek packaging
+very affordable (got it from ebay for about $6.99)

CONS
-smudges

if you want the thick, feathery, and defined lashes look, this mascara is definitely worth a try! i don't know about "making lashes stronger" thing yet. hope it works also :]

I've been using this mascara for about 4 months now and I really like it! I have pretty normal eyelashes, not too thin or thick, pretty naturally curly. It lengthens very nicely, volumizes decently. My only real complaint is that after a while, I have to clean off the sides, or else it will leave clumpy little mascara balls all over my lashes. Doesn't smudge and lasts all day. Overall, a really good mascara

on 7/28/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this mascara and i have been using it for a long time. My lashes have a tendency to fall out when I use mascara all the time, which is the reason that I bought this mascara and I'm glad that I did. It makes my lashes look full and natural without being clumpy. The one downside of it is that it's not very long-lasting, but I don't mind it because it makes it a lot less work to wash off at the end of the day.

on 7/12/2013 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is currently my second go-to mascara. I like how it lengthens, holds my curl, and keeps my lashes natural-looking yet fuller. I use it with Full-N-Soft WP so I haven't tried it alone in quite some time, but why stop what works.

on 7/7/2013 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Omg! I was so surprised to see all the negative comments here!! I bought this mascara upon hearing review from emilynoel channel!! This mascara works exactly the way emily described it. It doesn't smudge, doesn't flake at all!! It gives my lashes volume and length, and I am one of those people who seem to have 'no lashes at all' without make up. I would wear this in the morning, around 9am before work, and even after a late party, ~11pm, my lashes look the bloody same. I bought this in one of the discounted cosmetic store for $8! Great value for such a cheap price

on 7/2/2013 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

AUGH get waterproof...MAKEs my lashes sooo long and not clumpy but one yawn and instantly I'm a raccoon

on 6/24/2013 4:25:00 AM

Much like some of the other reviewers, I bought this on suggestion from Emily Noel. I have short, stubby Asian lashes and always need to curl. This mascara broke cardinal rule number one, it didn't hold the curl! The second I put it on, my lashes went back to its original state. (BTW I bought the NON-waterproof version)

I did end up wearing the mascara for the rest of the day to see how it wore and it did have good intense color and very little smudging. If only it held the curl!

on 6/11/2013 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Oh this mascara!!! By far one of my favorites! It makes the lashes look perfect!!!! It adds volume, length, and holds a curl nicely! My only issue with the non waterproof formula is that it smudges like its nobody's business! The waterproof version doesn't smudge at all so if you are having smudging issues with this but like it I would recommend you try the waterproof version! :)

on 6/10/2013 11:28:00 PM

My mom had this in the bathroom one day and as a mascara junkie, I had to try it. It truly is an awesome mascara. It makes my already long lashes super long but extremely natural looking. They are so fluttery and thick looking that its just amazing.

The formula is the driest I've ever tried. It comes out on the large brush almost caked looking. I always wipe it off on the tube and tilt my head back to use it. The brush targets every lash. My HG for dramatic lashes is Revlon 3D Lash Mascara but this will be my HG for natural looking lashes with awesome definition.

The only smudging I've ever gotten with this is when I first apply it. Sometimes I get that " eyeliner" smudging right on the lash line, but all I have to do it take a q-tip and wipe it away. Last all day during work, from 11am till 9pm so I'm pretty happy with that:)

Video Reviews & Tutorials