April 18, 2014 | 2031 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by snaket0ngue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

These are amazing drugstore lip creams. While they are incredibly drying, that's to be expected with anything matte. However, moisturizing your lips before or applying a thin layer of balm over it solves the dryness without losing the matte finish. I only have Monte Carlo, but it is an absolutely GORGEOUS red for darker skin tones. It makes your teeth look three shades whiter and does not budge once it has set into place. I've gone through lunches AND dinners and this has still been on! But, they remove easily with makeup remover. They are incredibly creamy as well, so in order to build up the color, you have to wait for layers to dry before applying another layer, or else it kind of just smears around. However, they are really pigmented so you may find yourself only needing one layer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Rubymm

I don't love the colour Amsterdam I really doesn't suit me at all but I think Monte Carlo will! I also don't like the way it feels on my lips but if i had a good colour I would put up with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by kenji2221

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Purchased NYX's matte lip cream last week and finally got to put it to use last night! I had seen these around for over a year but never really swatched them or gave them a shot until I saw one of my favorite YTers wearing this. Since I'm a huge fan of nudes, I picked up Stockholm. It is the PERFECT nude. Not too light, not too dark, not too pink . . . just a great neutral shade for my NC42 skin. I paired it with VS's lip liner in brown sable and it made for a great date night lip. Natural but still sexy/ pouty. Lasting power was ok. It rubbed off on my wine glass a little bit but since it was a natural shade no one could really notice. Texture was very soft and creamy, which made application a breeze. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by lovelylucy88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i l o v e these!! everything about them , the color selection, the formula, how they get matte after they set on my skin, everything. lol i like how they get matte after but they dont make my lips look too dry even though i have dry lips right now. Price-wise these are ok $5 at target not that bad. I want to get all the colors available

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

These matte lip creams are amazing! They are comparable to the matte lip creams from Stila and LimeCrime in terms of color payoff and longevity. They also smell really nice and don't dry out the lips, which is great. I have the colors in Milan, Stockholm, Abu Dhabi, Monte Carlo, and Antwerp. The only thing that I dislike about these products is the initial texture of when you are applying it to your lips - it feels almost a little oily and doesn't really have that soft, butter-like "paste" texture that Stila and Limecrime's matte lipsticks have. Regardless, I still love these and think they're highly underrated - amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by KelseyRiana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like the shade that I purchased called Istanbul. It is a beautiful nude pink colour that goes very well with my pale skin! I like the texture of this product, however it does bleed and it has gotten on my teeth a couple times so I find myself licking my teeth while wearing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Niza9

I really love this product. My favorite color is San Paulo. It is a beautiful deeper pink and I really enjoy it. The consistency of the product is very nice. Creamy and feels very smooth. I would definately recommend these lip creams to everyone. I like wearing a thin layer of lip balm underneath just to smooth it out nicely and it looks great. I would repurchase this color and I would love to try some of the others!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haaaAaaaAATE this stuff. Like words cannot describe how much I detest this product. I bought the NYX Mortal Instruments kit thing and the soft matte lip cream in Istanbul I believe the shade was, came with it. Maybe I dislike it so much because I'm not a lip gloss kind of person but I read somewhere that these were supposed to be somewhat of a dupe for the Velvetines by Lime Crime but oh honey, no they are not.
If you have any kind of dryness or ridges in your lips, don't even think about trying this, it will not work for you. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like it just sits there on top of the lips, it doesn't soak in at all, it just kind of looks like you're wearing a thick pink coat of stuff on your mouth. Then if you leave it on long enough, it bleeds everywhere and gets all over everything and just...ugh. I tossed it out literally the day I got it. I wouldn't even think about giving it to anyone it's so horrible.
The only upside to the product is that the packaging is very high quality, the handle has a really nice feel to it and the applicator is very sturdy. The smell is also quite nice, reminiscent of vanilla.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Arifishface

I tried this on my hand first (thank god) about a week ago and it gave it a dry, scaly, patch almost resembling ringworm that is still taking sometime to heal. This may have been the sample I tried or the fact I used on an area it isn't intended for but I just wanted other users to know my experience

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Nyx is one of my favorite drugstore brands of all time but they're lip products are my favorite out of any other brand that exists, high end or drugstore. They come out with the best and more creative products and these matte lip creams are no exception.

-I own the shades Instanbul and Stockholm. Instanbul is a nude pink and Stockholm is a peachy caramel nude. Both are perfect for everyday and very neutral and easy to wear.
-the texture isn't a glossy or a lipstick. It's a very creamy, smooth moussey texture. Light as air and not heavy on the lips. Doesn't feel like your wearing anything at all.
-Even though they're matte, they're not drying whatsoever on the lips. However if you have dry or chapped lips beforehand I recommend using a lip scrub or a chapstick before applying these. They dry matte and on the lips and can accentuate any dry skin.
-they smell like vanilla cake batter. YUM!
-the price is amazing. 5 dollars at Ulta for me :D
-great range of colors. They have a couple reds, some peachy colors, coral shades, some pinks and fuscia colors. There's something for everyone.
-packaging is very small and compact. Perfect to go in your purse or a makeup bag. Plastic package with a rubberized black cap.
-I know this doesnt really matter but I LOVE the names they came up with. All after country capitals. Very creative.