NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

I bought three of these: Stockholm, Milan, and Ibiza. Stockholm is a nude color, Milan is a nice pink, and Ibiza is a pinky red/orange. Overall I really love these. The pigmentation is great, they don't make my lips dry, the color doesn't flake off. The color dries which reduces transfer which I absolutely love! They last a very long time on the lips too. My only complaint is that the color of the tube is NOT the color the product dries to. For example I bought Milan because it was a nice mauve-pink on the tube, and it dries to more of a washed out hot pink, which I still really like. It would just be nice if the packaging was true to the actual product. I will be buying more colors though! I've got my eye on Copenhagen and San Paulo!

on 12/31/2014 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This review is for the colors Ibiza, Monte Carlo, and Copenhagen. Beautiful pigmentation and long lasting. With the exception of Ibiza, the other two colors do bleed without lip liner. The other con is that the brush applies the color kinda smeary/streaky but so I usually do two coats but thankfully they are fast drying. Cannot beat the price either.

on 12/27/2014 6:45:00 AM

I purchased this lip cream as part of my hunt for a long-wearing matte lip cream after facing disappointment with the lime crime velvetine range. This review will be a semi-comparison of these two lip products. Firstly, this and the entire NYX range is completely affordable (at least by Australian standards where everything is ridiculously expensive), much more so than lime crime. Secondly, the application process is far easier - this lip cream is not the 'mattest' of matte lip products, I suppose 'soft matte' is a good description of the texture, so application doesn't need to be as precise as with a lime crime velvetine as there is a window in which to correct errors and get the perfect shape (as opposed to having to scrub the entire thing off - something I experienced with lime crime). A downside of a softer texture means the product is less long-wearing, but it is not drying or uncomfortable to wear like lime crime, and the fading is far more even - As I detailed in a review of lime-crime the velvetines, being super-matte and long-wearing, wore off patchily and unevenly leaving an unpleasant water-line effect, whereas the soft matte lip cream wore off more rapidly but evenly, and I much prefer the effect of the latter. Overall a really excellent product and my fave colour is Stockholm for fair skin! I removed a lippie for the fact this does fade quite quickly and that fading time varies with colours (the heavily pigmented Prague lasted me several hours (over four) with food and drink, whereas a paler nude like Stockholm lasted one or two hours with food and drink, longer without)

on 12/22/2014 10:31:00 PM

my favorite thing from NYX! i love how soft these make my lips feel. the quality of the colors are always strong and last a long time!!

on 12/21/2014 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

PROS:
The colors are very pigmented.
The formula is long-lasting and versatile. As long as it's dried, you can eat and drink without losing color.
It is matte, without being drying.
Super affordable!

CONS:
It takes too long to dry. While it's still wet, it is messy and smears.
When applying it, it kind of leaves little clumps which is annoying. You have to work with this product to make it work.
I find that this applies best with two coats, but again it takes a while to dry.

OVERALL: I really like that it lasts a long time and the colors are pretty. I wear these products on days I have the time and patience to work with it. The pros are good enough that I would buy more colors (I own 4 now) and would repurchase the colors that I fall in love with.

on 12/16/2014 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Ok so I have this in Copenhagen, San Paulo, Istanbul and Prague. I really like them because they're lightweight, matte, long lasting, easy to apply and not drying. HOWEVER, in the case of Copenhagen, be prepared to do a lot of prep and don't eat, smoke, drink or kiss anyone or you'll have a hot mess on your hands. (Or face.) it's not that it'll smear, but it'll get patchy as @&!?. I have to use a lip primer, line and color my lips with a liner, and then spread carefully to even this out. So if you're not down for that, try a higher end product for the darker shades. Otherwise, for nudes and subtle shades, this is great.

on 12/11/2014 11:23:00 PM

easily the worst lip product I have ever bought. It does not go on evenly and looks absolutely horrible. It clumps up on my lips and makes them look awkwardly colored.

on 12/8/2014 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I buy this lip product in antwerp color and i love the color. It's very bright on your lips and brighten your face instantly. The texture is a bit patchy on my lips so i need to exfoliate my lips properly before use. It also settle on my lip lines even after i use lips conditioner or lip balm. Over time it's very drying and make my lips chapped badly and i notice all the skin on my lips came off at the end of the day. Not really a good look. I'm not sure why this happen, maybe i'm allergic to one of the ingredient but this never happen with any other lip product. Sometimes lipstick can dry your lips a little but not like this. I really want to love this product but i love my lips better to use it. I would not buy this product again

on 12/2/2014 11:04:00 PM

Shades I have:
Zurich: pinky nude brown; Amsterdam (red orange); addis ababa (fuschia); san paulo (pinky red); ibiza; a redder version of san paulo
pros: affordable! I wil not use the word cheap as the quality of these lip creams are amazing and so worth the money. Comparable and even better than some of the other higher end brands. Because of the price, it would be okay to keep using this every day as it will be easy to repurchase and replace your stock. Consistency for a matte lip (cream) is a dream, glides on smoothly and last for a full 2 hours (with drinking eating) without fading. Need to reapply a fresh coat though as the color fades a little. Color stays for 4 hours without fading and absolutely doing nothing with your lips except I guess talking. This will last longer though if one primes the lips well and uses a lip liner. This will dry out the lips a little but that is expected of any matte lipsticks but nothing too uncomfortable. A little comment about Zurich though. If applied beginning of the day with lips properly exfoliated and primed with a lip balm, it goes on smoothly but after eating or drinking, if reapplied, the lip cream pools in little spots.hard to describe it really but I have to smooth it out with my ring finger to fix it. The color is still lovely though but I haven't had any issues like that with the other shades. All lip creams smell like vanilla which is divine! I will hoard all shades as I love these babies too much.

on 12/2/2014 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Another NYX product that was a pleasant surprise for me! I'd received an email from NYX announcing the return of this product (which I never knew existed to begin with) so I did my due diligence and read reviews everywhere I could. I was intrigued enough to want to give it a try so I headed to Ulta to check them out. A color that I wanted most wasn't available (but only because of A-hole customers who don't have the decency to stick to one tester or ask for one and instead open any and all of the products they can find), but I found two others that I liked. These go on very smoothly, and are very opaque. As with any matte lip product, your lips should be sufficiently exfoliated and moisturized beforehand. I also used the NYX lip primer pencil before applying this and my color stayed absolutely perfect for the majority of the day. I only touched it up a little once (after several hours) because I was going somewhere.