November 27, 2014 | 1467 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - I'm Getting Sunburned

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by morningviewangel99

I love the WnW color icon trios in general, but this was actually my least favorite of all of them. The bronze eyelid shade and pink browbone shade were both beautiful and wore well on me. (I'm NC20ish, blue eyes, dark blonde hair). But the brown crease shade absolutely KILLED the trio for me. In the container the brown looks promising, chocolaty with a bit of sparkle, but once it put it on, it did not blend properly with the other 2 colors and turned my eyelids into a muddy, horrible mess. It was a terrible dingy brown color that overwhelmed the other colors and turned them purplish brown. I was very unhappy with that effect. Even thought I liked the other two colors, I would not repurchace this particular pallette, because I have other similar colors without the nightmare brown. The shadows themselves are long lasting I can usually get 8-12 hours of wear out of them with very minimal creasing or smudging, with or without eyelid primer. With all that said, a lot of other readers have reviewers have really liked this trio, so at $2.99 its probably worth it to find out if it works for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by lauramarie100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this palette. It has great color payoff with a soft, smooth texture that is perfect for blending. I highly recommend the Wet N Wild eye shadows (which I would never have said years ago).

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by berrybellajoy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the 'lid' and 'browbone' colour on the lid. I can't believe that pink is supposed to be a highlight. I def do not wear it as suggested. I like my browbon highlights to be matte or at least natural looking. I'm not into funky coloured highlights. The shadows are powdery and I only notice b/c my container is a mess and a teensy bit cracked. I do like the crease colour, but it really doesn't blend well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

I was kind of expecting this trio to be as great ass the Walking on Eggshells one. It's not. While it is highly pigmented, there is too much glitter in the dark shade and the gold shade which causes some fallout. The dark shade doesn't blend well no matter what tool or technique you use. Unlike Walking on Eggshells, I wouldn't use these colours together to create a look. The pink colour is not suitable for a brow highlight IMO. This doesn't affect my rating though because I use them with other shadows in my collection. They are good for the price and I have found uses for them. I would buy them again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by kgloverii

After buying the "Comfort Zone" palette from WnW and loving it, I decided to give the "I'm Getting Sunburned" trio a shot. This trio definitely exceeded my expectations.

The colors are extremely pigmented. I am still blown way by the fact that a "cheap" brand like WnW can compete with (and often exceed!) the big guys (MAC, Nars, etc.). The colors are multi-dimensional and look amazing when applied to the eye.

After some experimentation, I'm going to echo some of the other reviewers in their method of application. First, make SURE you use a good primer (I love ELF). A good primer will ensure that your look will last longer than your longest day. Also use your own brushes.

Second, and MOST IMPORTANT, keep in mind that the crease color is REALLY pigmented. Even the lightest hand and teensiest amount applied can easily overwhelm your whole eye area. After multiple attempts using that color (and it is gorgeous), I almost gave up. However, I found out that an unconventional application method really yields great results (similar to other reviewers):
1) Apply primer
2) Use a small, firmer brush to apply a SMALL amount of the crease color at the crease.
3) Apply eyelid color, partially blending into the crease.
4) Apply browbone color (As a woman with very fair skin, a light dusting of the color included looks good on my skin tone. However, many other skin tones will need a different color, because the pink could look "really 80's" if not done lightly, and on the right skin tone.) If the color doesn't suit your skin tone as a browbone color, WnW has a single called Creme Brle that is fantastic.
5) Blend, blend, blend.

Some other quick observations I've made: the fallout from this palette is very, very minimal. I was impressed by this. The eyelid color is beautiful and could suit almost anyone's skin tone. And last, the browbone color is also gorgeous, but for most, I may work better as an eyelid color.

This palette is definitely one to pick up. Fantastic colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by missevarose

Bought this after I saw it featured in Marie Claire as a budget option to get Amanda Seyfried's Cle de Peau smoky eye look. A killer smoky eye look for 3 bucks, here's how I make it work for day:
-use primer (I like urban decay shadow insurance)
-use good quality brushes
-layer the gold and pink shades on top of each other on the eyelid
-with a very VERY light hand apply crease shade to the outer corner of the eyelid and in the crease and lightly blend
-dab a little more gold and pink in the center of the eyelid
-I also use a neutral matte shade on the browbone, so it doesn't look like I am wearing a shimmer bomb...w'n'w's brulee works great
I LOVE w'n'w's shadow line and find the quality comparable to MAC, NARS, and Chanel.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by paula1021

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I quite like this trio. The colors are bold and beautiful and have lasted on my lid for a 12hour work day with minimal creasing. I like how the shadows are marked with either eyelid, crease, or brow bone. What you get in this palette is a beautiful bronzy gold color (marked eyelid) that is super pigmented and creamy, a dark brown (crease) which you only need to tap your brush because you will be shocked at how rich and pigmented this shadow is. I think it may actually be a little TOO pigmented. Lastly, you get a beautiful bright shimmery pink (brow bone). Now I personally think if you use the shadow as marked, they are hard to work with to create a natural look. What I do with these is the opposite of what is intended. I apply the brow bone pink color all over my lid. Next I blend the rich brown into my crease, and lastly I soften up the crease brown by blending out with the golden eye lid color. i then use a light brown bone color from one of my other wet and wild pallets like sweet as candy or walking on egg sheets and use as a highlight under my brown bone. The way I use these shadows creates a beautiful, subtle, every day smokey eye look. For $3 you can't go wrong with the Wet and Wild trios. I use them the most out of any of my other high end shadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by snapshotty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Maybe it's because I came from using Silent Treatment from the same line? I had really high expectations from this product, but it totally failed to deliver.

Expectation: An eyeshadow trio named "I'm Getting Sunburned" gives you the impression that:

1. The colors would be fantastic on wonderfully bronze skin
2. The colors would bring out said wonderfully bronze skin
3. You could do a kickass bronze smokey eye

What you get:

1. A color trio with coarse flecks of glitter (not shimmer!) that seem to refuse to stick to skin.
2. Product that goes with bronze skin, but does precious little to bring the tan out, and certainly doesn't stick around long enough.
3. Eighties smokey eye.

The details:

1. Terrible, terrible brushes. This, I've found, is a given with every drugstore palette, and certainly one as cheap as this. But for the poor unguided souls-- like I once was-- this is worth noting. USE YOUR OWN. Otherwise, the color would just blot on and leave crumbly pigment everywhere else on your face.

2. To its credit, the color payoff is excellent. In the case of the browbone shade, color payoff is too good. The pink in this trio is good enough to turn into a base shade on its own. Use it for the browbone and you risk looking like you stepped out of an eighties music video.

3. I'd really love it if the lid shade were bronze or copper instead of gold. Gold doesn't really do anything for a tan; it in fact stands out and looks glaringly pale. It's pretty picky with skin color.

4. Yes, I use the pink as a lid shade instead of browbone. There's wayy too much going on with it on its own, so I just use Silent Treatment's browbone shade for the same purpose in this trio. On the plus side, having two lid shades and one (ridiculous, super pigmented) crease shade is like having two palettes.

5. Be careful with the crease shade! Use an incredibly light hand when picking up pigment, and use the same incredibly light hand when applying. I've done raccoon eye because I wasn't careful, and I don't want anyone to be late for work because the eye makeup remover somehow wound up under the bed, and you couldn't leave home looking like you walked into a door twice.

6. Staying power is problematic. Even with primer, the shadows do not stay on the lid long enough to withstand a night of drinks (much unlike Silent Treatment).

7. The best method of application I've found is to apply the shadows with a wet brush and to tap the color on instead of swiping about. The pigment would fall apart otherwise, and you really don't want to spend half the night brushing glitter away from your cheeks. This method turns the incredibly glittery lid shades into some sort of foil, which is great. You get plenty of pigment, and it actually stays on.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by 3Mookie3

I'm a huge fan of the Wet 'n' Wild eye shadow trios. I find that they're highly pigmented, and blend very well. I accidentally bought two of the "I'm Getting Sunburned" trios, which is okay, because I really love the colors and how they look on me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon trio "I'm Getting Sunburned"
Bought at: Kmart
Colors: There are 3 colors: rose pink, dark brown with flecks of gold, shimmery bronze gold. Beautiful to look at in the trio... BUT while the colors are eye catching, there is no 'transition' color if you were only to use this trio for one look.
Pigmentation: They are highly pigmented (the pink less so). The pink after applying gives off an unnatural glow (as one other review noted.)
Packaging: Small and compact.The plastic does feel a bit flimsy though. Two applicators are included, no mirror.
Finish: I found hard to blend the dark brown color, the pink too glowy.
Performance: I used UDPP and the colors seemed to last a decent time.
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
My rating is FAIR for this product.