Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - I'm Getting Sunburned

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/6/2012 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this palette! The colors look great together and are all super pigmented and soft. My favorite is the lid color followed by the crease color. I agree that it is intimidating when you swatch it but it blends beautifully or you can use it as an eyeliner.

on 3/21/2012 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I mainly bought this for the gold and pink, which I thought would be great for spring and summer. Those two colors are very good and I also have knock on wood, which I plan on mixing and matching. Now, the dark crease color is scary pigmented. You have to be super careful with this one or you'll end up looking like a preschooler who went digging in her mom's makeup bag. When I applied to much, and as of yet haven't figured out how to use this brown, I tried to soften it with the pink which was a big mistake - a grave error. What was a muddy dark brown, turned into a purple black. Not kidding. And, it was a terror to wipe off with a wet wipe. I really don't see the brown actually looking good with the gold and pink, now that I've tried the colors together. I may try again with the brown with more neutral colors. I have had good results using the gold on the lower lash line and on the center of the lid for a "pop" of color in combination with colors from the Naked palette. The pink is okay. A little sheer. I think I have better results with the pinks in the "knock on wood" palette which is a little darker and more pigmented. All in all, a good buy and long lasting colors. I'm impressed.

Update: my daughter - going on 13- loved this palette so much, she wanted one for herself. She mainly uses the pink and she does get a lot of pigment out of it. It makes her brown eyes look very lovely. I take back what I said about it not being pigmented. hehe. I guess, my daughter has a thing or two to show me about makeup. :)

on 3/10/2012 5:21:00 PM

What a sleeper in the selection of the core line. I liked it for my fair skin and gave a nice look to the eyes. I dont think the way it says to use it is practical or modern but if you use it to how youd like the colors it can be a great combo. I rarely use all 3 together but any 2 work.

I love the WnW color icon trios in general, but this was actually my least favorite of all of them. The bronze eyelid shade and pink browbone shade were both beautiful and wore well on me. (I'm NC20ish, blue eyes, dark blonde hair). But the brown crease shade absolutely KILLED the trio for me. In the container the brown looks promising, chocolaty with a bit of sparkle, but once it put it on, it did not blend properly with the other 2 colors and turned my eyelids into a muddy, horrible mess. It was a terrible dingy brown color that overwhelmed the other colors and turned them purplish brown. I was very unhappy with that effect. Even thought I liked the other two colors, I would not repurchace this particular pallette, because I have other similar colors without the nightmare brown. The shadows themselves are long lasting I can usually get 8-12 hours of wear out of them with very minimal creasing or smudging, with or without eyelid primer. With all that said, a lot of other readers have reviewers have really liked this trio, so at $2.99 its probably worth it to find out if it works for you.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this palette. It has great color payoff with a soft, smooth texture that is perfect for blending. I highly recommend the Wet N Wild eye shadows (which I would never have said years ago).

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I use the 'lid' and 'browbone' colour on the lid. I can't believe that pink is supposed to be a highlight. I def do not wear it as suggested. I like my browbon highlights to be matte or at least natural looking. I'm not into funky coloured highlights. The shadows are powdery and I only notice b/c my container is a mess and a teensy bit cracked. I do like the crease colour, but it really doesn't blend well.

on 1/8/2012 9:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was kind of expecting this trio to be as great ass the Walking on Eggshells one. It's not. While it is highly pigmented, there is too much glitter in the dark shade and the gold shade which causes some fallout. The dark shade doesn't blend well no matter what tool or technique you use. Unlike Walking on Eggshells, I wouldn't use these colours together to create a look. The pink colour is not suitable for a brow highlight IMO. This doesn't affect my rating though because I use them with other shadows in my collection. They are good for the price and I have found uses for them. I would buy them again.

on 1/5/2012 11:56:00 AM

After buying the "Comfort Zone" palette from WnW and loving it, I decided to give the "I'm Getting Sunburned" trio a shot. This trio definitely exceeded my expectations.

The colors are extremely pigmented. I am still blown way by the fact that a "cheap" brand like WnW can compete with (and often exceed!) the big guys (MAC, Nars, etc.). The colors are multi-dimensional and look amazing when applied to the eye.

After some experimentation, I'm going to echo some of the other reviewers in their method of application. First, make SURE you use a good primer (I love ELF). A good primer will ensure that your look will last longer than your longest day. Also use your own brushes.

Second, and MOST IMPORTANT, keep in mind that the crease color is REALLY pigmented. Even the lightest hand and teensiest amount applied can easily overwhelm your whole eye area. After multiple attempts using that color (and it is gorgeous), I almost gave up. However, I found out that an unconventional application method really yields great results (similar to other reviewers):
1) Apply primer
2) Use a small, firmer brush to apply a SMALL amount of the crease color at the crease.
3) Apply eyelid color, partially blending into the crease.
4) Apply browbone color (As a woman with very fair skin, a light dusting of the color included looks good on my skin tone. However, many other skin tones will need a different color, because the pink could look "really 80's" if not done lightly, and on the right skin tone.) If the color doesn't suit your skin tone as a browbone color, WnW has a single called Creme Brle that is fantastic.
5) Blend, blend, blend.

Some other quick observations I've made: the fallout from this palette is very, very minimal. I was impressed by this. The eyelid color is beautiful and could suit almost anyone's skin tone. And last, the browbone color is also gorgeous, but for most, I may work better as an eyelid color.

This palette is definitely one to pick up. Fantastic colors!

on 11/25/2011 11:36:00 PM

Bought this after I saw it featured in Marie Claire as a budget option to get Amanda Seyfried's Cle de Peau smoky eye look. A killer smoky eye look for 3 bucks, here's how I make it work for day:
-use primer (I like urban decay shadow insurance)
-use good quality brushes
-layer the gold and pink shades on top of each other on the eyelid
-with a very VERY light hand apply crease shade to the outer corner of the eyelid and in the crease and lightly blend
-dab a little more gold and pink in the center of the eyelid
-I also use a neutral matte shade on the browbone, so it doesn't look like I am wearing a shimmer bomb...w'n'w's brulee works great
I LOVE w'n'w's shadow line and find the quality comparable to MAC, NARS, and Chanel.

on 11/16/2011 10:47:00 PM

I quite like this trio. The colors are bold and beautiful and have lasted on my lid for a 12hour work day with minimal creasing. I like how the shadows are marked with either eyelid, crease, or brow bone. What you get in this palette is a beautiful bronzy gold color (marked eyelid) that is super pigmented and creamy, a dark brown (crease) which you only need to tap your brush because you will be shocked at how rich and pigmented this shadow is. I think it may actually be a little TOO pigmented. Lastly, you get a beautiful bright shimmery pink (brow bone). Now I personally think if you use the shadow as marked, they are hard to work with to create a natural look. What I do with these is the opposite of what is intended. I apply the brow bone pink color all over my lid. Next I blend the rich brown into my crease, and lastly I soften up the crease brown by blending out with the golden eye lid color. i then use a light brown bone color from one of my other wet and wild pallets like sweet as candy or walking on egg sheets and use as a highlight under my brown bone. The way I use these shadows creates a beautiful, subtle, every day smokey eye look. For $3 you can't go wrong with the Wet and Wild trios. I use them the most out of any of my other high end shadows.