November 28, 2014 | 1838 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by helpatrice

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the CG lipstick in Hypnotic no 220. The colour is pretty, a brownish nude frost with orange/slightly pink hues depending on the light. Colour on me was very light and I needed to apply lots of it. Glides on smoothly but very drying and not the best quality lipstick. Left an orange colour for a while that gradually faded. I didn't mind the smell. Would not repurchase for myself.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by loudmouth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

these lipsticks are really good. they are very creamy, non-drying (i wouldn't say they're explicitly moisturizing though), pigmented, smooth, etc etc. the packaging is nice and sleek. the color selection is great. i have this in Heavenly (a bright warm coral pink on me) and Delish (an orangey warm nude).

so why not a five star rating? well... these are the worst smelling (and tasting) lipsticks i've ever tried. it is literally gag inducing. when i apply these full on from the tube, i get a headache. i have to apply a light layer, blot, apply another layer, blot, and so on, in order to diminish the smell. i am not exaggerating at all. i don't think of myself as being sensitive to smells (i wear Milani lipsticks and NYX round lipsticks with ease, and those smell a lot). but i can just barely handle these. i will buy a few more of these, if only because of the colors, but i would not recommend these to anyone with a low tolerance for smells in their lipsticks... if CG reformatted these to get rid of the smell, these would be my favorite drugstore lipsticks, hands down!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by jenna1128

To be fair, let me start off by saying I own six of these lipsticks. I have never been a Covergirl fan and can't even think of one makeup item they do half way decent. Yet I love Sofia Vergara and Ellen Degeneres so I guess I still fall in love with the idea of the brand. But as a disclaimer everything I've tried from Covergirl has been disappointing or so so. I gave this product a fair shot and was mainly attracted to it because of the color selection. Beautiful, refreshing, unique shades with smooth finishesI haven't seen at the drugstore ever. However, this crazy formula leaves your lips stained like cheap lipsticks. I had to scrub my lips to get it off with all shades and still I couldn't completely get it off not even with remover. That is a bit ridiculous to me. So yeah the creamy rich shades can be a tad deceiving, since they leave your lips stained and dry. Probably the best cover girl item I have tried though. I use all six of these lipsticks and they are good for lazy days where I need potent color and need the pigmentation to last. However, at the price $ 7 at my local Target, I will just go to MAC and pay the $14 because they are reminiscent of my MAC lipsticks however those are long wearing without the ridiculous side effects. I'll probably buy more of these in desperation but not my cup of tea.Awesome shade selections though!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was very disappointing. I have never purchased a Cover Girl lipstick before, and based on this experience, I never will again. I wanted to try it because I had heard wonderful things and some of them were true. The pros:
- good pigmentation
- smooth texture that applies well
- decent lasting time

the cons
- horrible taste.

Now there is only one con but it is a big one. I have never had a problem with a lipstick in terms of the odour or taste being so problematic that I wouldn't use the product again. Sometimes I'm not to fond of the smell or taste but its a minor inconvenience and in time I do not notice. However, that was not the case with this. The taste is so vile that I actually had to wipe it off. I tried several times, hoping I would get used to it as I really liked the texture, colour and longevity (a couple of hours) but no. Each and every time I was extremely aware of this vile taste on my lips. Honestly it is like the lipstick is rancid or something. I feel as though it is toxic, that is how vile this taste is.
Now I'm not sure if I got a dud, but I doubt it. I purchased this at a store that has a very busy cosmetics section and there is a lot of product turnover. The taste is so bad I don't even want to risk trying another one. There are plenty of other lipsticks with similar colours and nice texture that do not taste awful.
I suggest ladies you try this out if you can. Definitely would not repurchase ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 3:58:00 AM More reviews by olinay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love this lipstick! I love the packaging and the price and the many color choices! I picked mine up at Target around $6 each. They were nicely sealed and the colors on the bottom are quite accurate to the actual lipstick, making it easier to decide. So far I have temptress and fairytale but I am definitely going back for more. They are very pigmented and last quite a while. Not too drying but then again I put Aquaphor under/over all lipsticks that I wear. Overall I really like these lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ihraracerkim

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this lipstick!!! Beautiful shades, long lasting, non-drying. I like the stain it leaves as it wears off!!! Less re-application ;)
For those of you who have trouble removing, dual phase eye makeup remover or cleansing oil does the trick for me. My 2 favorite shades are: Rush (MLBB) with Buxom Dolly l/g and Fervor, brightens my complexion and looks great with my red hair. I like the tubes as you can see the color on the bottom. Helps when you have 4 tubes ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Budthedog

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good product but can be drying. I have the color hot passion and it's bright red. With my ivory skin and dark brunette hair it looks great. I would go for a color a little more toned down though because it is pretty dramatic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 7:06:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have three of these, sultry, burn, and rich. And I love all three of them! This whole line, as the name suggests, is truly perfection! Gorgeous, pigmented colors, goes on super smooth and moisturizes your lips so well. It lasts long enough, but obviously not the whole day and inevitably you'd have to reapply if you want to stick to the vibrant color. All in all, excellent line--no matter what color would give you amazing pigmentation and moisture so I highly recommend this! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by AzuraNyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought two colors in this line, and the color payoff is quite nice for such a low price.

Smolder (205) is a nice warm red-brown shade that is suitable for day-to-day office wear. If I want extra sheen, I tend to pair this with Bath & Body Works' Cocoa Creme Liplicious Lip Gloss.

Enthrall (225) is a hot spicy red with a bit of gold shine that works as a fun pick-me-up on the weekend or as a great finishing touch to a party ensemble. (Extra plus, I got it for less than $0.50 with a coupon). To turn up the shine (and add a yummy scent to the air), I sometimes pair this with Bath & Body Works' Butterscotch Creme Liplicious Lip Gloss.

Overall, I like both shades because they work well for my warm skin tone, the color payoffs are great for the price, and they don't dry out my lips as quickly as other lipsticks have in the past.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Heavenly, thinking it would be a nice medium pink. However, it turned out to be a coral-red on me! It looks okay on me if I use sparingly. It leaves a stain after it wears off. I will not repurchase, as the formula was somewhat drying on me.