August 29, 2014 | 1690 users online

Crème - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Compact Makeup SPF 55 Helioplex

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by CiciCharmaine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PROS
- Sturdy packaging
- Includes separate compartment for sponge

CONS
- Dry
- (and therefore) Cakey
- Holds onto and emphasizes flakey, dry skin
- Grainy texture
- If you rub your face when it's dry, it balls up into grainy pieces!
- Looks greasy (not even close to a dewy look!)
- Sinks into fine lines
- Bulky packaging

OTHER
- Can't tell you how horrible this foundation is. I've tried to like it but can't. Even though I have only used brushes and the included sponge in this to apply this, but somehow little artificial hairs are in it! Yuck. I tried diluting this with a face moisturizer to smooth out its texture and make a tinted moisturizer, but it became even more grainy. This has made me come to hate pan/cream foundations as this is my first pan/cream foundation I've tried. I was very disappointed as I paid $13 for it and I know cheaper DG foundations that are far better. Will definitely not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ag0928

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought this stuff was gonna be wonderful considering the liquid Healthy Skin makeup was a perfect match for my skin but I am regreting the buy now. I have been using this for awhile and thought I was breaking out from the new powder I was using over it. But since the powder is all mineral and doesn't have really any skin irritants in it I thought I would experiement. I have not had the foundation on in about two weeks but have been wearing my Physicians Formula All Mineral Talc Free Powder alone. My skin was awesome! Glowing and no bumps on my chin....finally! Today I had a job interview and wanted extra coverage. I put the creme Healthy Skin Helioplex foundation on my face and a light brush of my mineral powder over top. It is unbelievable...I put this on at 12:30pm and at 3:00pm my chin now has a bunch of tiny red bumps and a larger blind pimple which is painful to the touch now forming. This is crazyness! If you have sensitive skin DO NOT TRY THIS!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 5:47:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Greasy. And weird. I have very dry skin and yet this still makes me look like a greasball, and I happen to like a dewy look. Not a lot of coverage, and like someone else said, powder only takes down the shine for about three minutes. It also accentuates pores and dry skin. Not a fan of this one, needless to say.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by adkinsjr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this when looking for a non-liquid foundation for air travel, as I don't like to check my luggage. The SPF 55 seemed like a bonus as well, as I have very fair skin and burn easily. I didn't care much for the coverage; seemed to emphasize my pores. I tried application with both the included sponge and a foundation brush with similar effect. However my biggest issue was that it didn't agree with my skin creating small red bumps, so I must have an issue with one of the ingredients. If it hadn't been for the skin irritation, I probably would keep using it to see if I could improve on the other issues, but basically it just didn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by KitoX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Loved the SPF 55, but I just couldn't get the oily sheen off my face after using this product. Powder was only a temporary fix. I've got naturally-oily skin w/a history of acne. The "Natural Beige 60" color matched my NC42 skin tone well. This foundation didn't break me out, but I just don't have time to blot/powder every 30 min.

I'd recommend it to people w/naturally dry skin, as it's kind of greasy from the get-go.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by reaganyouthh

was looking for another creme foundation because the one i had was making me break out and picked this up. first things first, it's waaaay too light/yellow toned for my skin. i think this might've been because of the crappy in-store lighting. not so bad with a darker toned powder over it, though.
the pros are that it's very easy to blend and the finish is natural looking & very buildable. however, it has a tendency to sink into lines, and it drew tons of attention to some dry flaky patches on my cheeks that weren't visible at all before. i had to remove all my makeup and exfoliate the crap out of my face before i could get it to look okay...never really had that problem before with other foundations.

unless you have perfect skin with no issues like dryness or acne or wrinkles (in which case you wouldn't really need foundation anyways), i'd probably skip this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Daenaalee

This is what I use when I'm in a hurry in the morning. I like that it is easy to apply, even though the coverage is more like a tint than a foundation. I do have somewhat oily skin and I'll blot during the day, but the foundation seems to wear well. It feels moist going on and takes some time to feel dry, but it works for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by ItsAClove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I've been using this for about a week & I think it's a pretty good product. You can tell it's meant for drier skins, but powder foundations didn't seem to have enough coverage for me & I wanted to try something new. When applying, it can look streaky but you can smooth it out. Surprisingly, it gave a lot of coverage, especially on my blemishes. Your face starts out looking dewy, but after a while, because I have oily skin & the weather is warm, it starts getting oily. I would recommend a light powder to set the oilier parts of your face. I got this at Target & it matches my skin pretty well, it feels extremely light and hasn't irritated my skin yet. I will be using this for a while :).
EDIT: Still loving this product! I have acne scars in addition to acne :/ & it covers it well. Only thing is that my skin looks paler than my body in pictures; maybe its the SPF?
EDIT2: I don't use Neutrogena foundations anymore. I find they make my skin too oily and they're actually pretty pink to me. Oh well, trials and errors.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Lisalisa29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to try this out since it has 55 spf in it.
It wasn't worth it! I broke out from it and it dried out my skin.
It felt heavy/greasy after a while on my face. I thought this would have been better. Don't waste your money.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by analoguerock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is terrible! It's extremely greasy, doesn't blend well, and after about an hour of wearing it, it flake off and makes my skin look like it's peeling. Yuck!

The one good thing about it is that it didn't make my skin break out.