November 23, 2014 | 1575 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Rose Tinted Lip Balm

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this because I really dislike lipsticks, and the feel of lipgloss, but wanted to add some color to my lips. This is great because it feels like the classic Burt's Bees lip balm, and gives my lips just a flush of color. It's very natural, and I can see this being flattering with most skin tones, esp fair ones. Unfortunately I lost this, and will have to repurchase because it's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Haruhi13

It's such a beautiful, sheer, my-lips-but-better kind of color! It really glides on, and it's quite moisturizing. I've given up wearing lipstick because this tinted balm looks so polished and pretty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I normally don't wear lip color, but recently I have a small discoloration on my lip and I want to hide it. This isn't pigmented enough to hide it, but I like it anyway. It's not terribly different from my other Burt's Bees lip balm (Replenishing with Pomegranate) which is much cheaper. That's my only complaint. The packaging is pretty cool, it comes in a cardboard tube. The color is rosy and pretty similar to my own lip color, but a tad deeper. It also looks quite glossy and feels smooth. This is great for a natural and casual look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by MissEstelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this! The color is so perfect, I rarely use any other lipsticks, glosses or tinted balms these days. It has replaced every single red, rose and pink color I usually use. It has that coveted "my lips but better"-quality, with a lovely warm, pink-reddish tint that darkens my lips in a very natural way.

It's moisturizing as well, nice and slick but not sticky. It goes on smooth and even so I can apply it without a mirror and feel fairly confident that it looks like it's supposed to (unless I layer it a lot - then I like to check it before going out).

Will definitely repurchase, maybe even before I run out just to have en extra.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Surprisingly this is my favorite out of the entire tinted balm line from Burt's Bees. I picked this up because there was only one left in the store compared to the other shades.. so I was curious why this almost sold out.

I've looked for red tinted lip balms for years and there are many out in the market but often it leaves more of a cherry lip color, so while red it is pink toned. Unlike the common red tinted balm out there, the Burt's Bees Rose is a very -natural- red. I don't have very pigmented lips but this color is something I would imagine I'd have if I bit my lips really hard.

The formula, I find it similar to their mango butter balm. It's moisturizing for me, not greasy but has weak longevity too. I don't mind reapplying this since it's marketed as a balm, not a lipstick.. I wasn't expecting long staying power but it is annoying sometimes that it disappears within an hour.

For the packaging, I don't understand why the company put so much effort in the card board packaging when the product itself is in the most boring brown chapstick tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by physicalscience

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros:
Beautiful color
Great taste
Way better than lipstick, imo.

Cons:
Rubs off very easily (whenever I blow my nose the bottom of the tissue is left with all my color).
Isn't particularly moisturizing.

Overall, great for some quick color on a summer day. For winter time I'd pick something more moisturizing and I definitely wouldn't wear this out at night because it comes off so easily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been looking at this for a while and bought it after reading some favorable reviews. I was expecting a moisturizing balm with a hint of color. The hint of color part is great but this balm is definitely not moisturizing and actually dried out my lips instead of moisturizing them. Would not recommend or buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by av1234

Rose, a beautiful color. all others colors, pass.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by diamondsinthegrass

I was looking for a tinted lip balm, and figured I'd turn to the classic brand. Unfortunately, this was hugely disappointing. It made my lips dry and crack, and it felt like I had a layer of waxy powder on my mouth. The pigment also looked powdery (which, the way I see it, is not flattering). It also smelled/tasted horrible - like alcohol and wax. Big disappointment, I'm sorry I wasted my money on this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by chimpanzee

I hate wearing anything on my lips but chapstick. I have no interest in lipstick and hate the feeling of lip gloss. That said, I love this product! It feels smooth and my lips feel moisturized. It doesnt`feel sticky and gives a very nice rosy tint to my lips that looks natural while still leaving a noticeable amount of colour. I love the natural touch of colour so I can wear it anytime. Yes it fades quickly, but I apply chapstick a lot so it isnt a big deal. My one issue with it is because its coloured I have to be careful it doesn`t smudge past my lipline- which it seems to do occasionally.