July 31, 2014 | 1411 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Fit Me Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by maddyboyle

I am a huge Maybelline junkie, and usually love everything they come out with- they're one of my favourite brands, drugstore or high end. But this product just didn't do it for me. I use powders to set & mattifying, so it wasn't a big deal that it was really low coverage. In store, I tested it and thought it seemed great- silky, just enough coverage, matte- and it was great for the first few days until I saw myself in direct sunlight... shimmer. Tons of shimmer. It's not noticeable in normal lighting but in bright light/sun, it's crazy. It makes oily skin like my own look even worse. However, if you have normal skin, this would probably by fine for you- but I'd still go with something else because honestly what's the point of shimmer in a setting powder? On a side note, I have to say I love the packaging! You get a decent amount of product, a puff (which I only use for touch ups) and a nice, sturdy, not cheaply feeling mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by mirandacoves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Last year, everyday for a year straight I wore this powder and had no issues with it. I hit pan 8 times and I repurchased it 8 times. Now that I am more open minded about other brands I realize there are better powders. For someone experimenting with powders I would recommend. I have normal-oily skin. My friend that has oily skin hates the product. So I think that it is more for normal skin then oily!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Turtle04

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't recommend this product for those with oily skin. It only last on my face for about 15 to 20 minutes before I start looking like an oily mess. And the glitter in it does not help my oily face if anything it makes it stand out more . I would definitely not repurchase this. And I feel it was a waste of my money .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

I love the Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powders . I use colors 130 and 235 . the reason why I use two different shades is because I use two different Maybelline foundations . with the 130 I used it on my Fit Me Foundation and the 235 I use it when I use the Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse in Nude Beige . I wear the powder with foundation or without foundation . they say people with oily skin should use powders but I love using it because I love how it leaves my face looking nice and smooth . if I wear it alone I like how it feels because my face can breath I never used a powder before but now Im hooked on using this powder

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Maclover202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I got my powder at Target for $6-$7 in the shade 235 pure beige. If you hold it up to my skin it looks like a perfect match! But once applied it oxidizes at least 1-2 shades. It didnt control my oily skin at all. The packaging is sleek but bulky my screen thing broke once iv had it for a week or so. Has none to light coverage. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Bubbles98

Im so glad i only got this for 3 dollars at a loreal warehouse sale instead of 11$ canadian. Why does this have chucks of glitter in it. It doesnt even really mattify me, if anything makes me look oilyer

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by kateeohh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I regret buying this powder. Why does it have glitter in it? I have oily skin and this makes it appear worse. Every time my face is in the light the glitter sparkles and it looks exactly like oil. I think that it covers well but I just can't get past the glitter.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by JaneChemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

worst powder ever. i buy powder because i'm oily and i dont want to look oily. this powder has glitter in it and in the light it looks like oily skin. it would be ok as a highlighting powder for someone with dry skin but for us oily people STAY FAR AWAY

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I read these reviews firs! All I wanted was a pressed powder that I could use alone as a foundation just to even out skintone. I've been using Milani's Multitasker for this purpose (I love it) but I think it's been causing me some acne flare ups.

Firstly, I looked this powder up on EWG where it is rated with a number 1 for safety concern, and I'm just wanting something with a simple ingredient list in the hopes of avoiding skin irritants. (This is where i rant about Physicians Formula crappy shade range)

Second, i actually found a color that matched me - Oh joy of joys because this never happens with drugstore makeup!! And for those few moments, it was glorious!
But then... it has a ton of glitter which makes this impossible to use as a pressed powder foundation outdoors. It would be ok for nighttime, indoors, or maybe gloomy overcast days, but thats asking too much from a simple pressed powder, imo, and defeats the idea of easy everyday use.

I find that this does conceal pretty well, but you definitely need to use a sponge or the fabric applicator it comes with.

The glitter does not impart a sheen, but essentially makes you look like a christmas ornament in sunlight.

In the end, I feel I've wasted my money. How the hell is one SUPPOSED to where products with glitter in them? I feel like there's some secret i'm missing, otherwise they wouldnt keep making them. >.<

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by thisisnotindy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder is NOT for people with oily skin. I have relatively dry skin but I do powder my t-zone on hot days. Be aware that there are micro shimmers in this powder and in direct sunlight your face will be glittery! The colors also aren't yellow enough for my east Asian skin . It makes my skin oily and greasy looking, very unattractive. I would not repurchase this powder. You might like it for nights out and like a very dewy finish. I think this powder would photograph well.