November 22, 2014 | 1772 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Fit Me Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by maca7

In general I find Maybelline products to be really good, really good value, but this powder was a disappointment for me. I tried 4 different colours in the store, ended up buying the Buff beige 130 and when I put it on my face at home it turned really dark and orange. So be ware! This powder oxidizes! Also it does not blend very well and leaves your face looking a bit chalky. The pros about this Powder is that it is rather fine, the price is not bad, if you get the right colour if might be easier to blend and it comes with a morror so you can use it to touch up during the day.

The down side: The box is rather bluky, the applicator is a joke, it has a slighly funny smell about it and the end result is less than perfect.

There are worse pressed powder out there, but you can do much better!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by littlehooch94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PROS:
cute packaging
Has mirror and separate place for sponge
Great color selection
Decent coverage
No scent
Inexpensive
doesn't cause breakout

CONS:
Doesn't last long
Made my skin oily after only 10 minutes
Oxidizes

For me I hate this powder. I have really oily skin And this made it worse. It made me oily almost immediately. I live in humid Alabama so I have an issue with my makeup lasting and oxidizing due to this. If you have dry skin and humidity and oxidizing isn't normally a problem I would recommend. It didn't break me out, or cause a reaction and it looked good at first. However between my oils and the humidity it made my face look dirty the way it oxidized and a lot of it went away. I had like brown splotches on my skin. I didn't like it at all.
I love the color selection. I have trouble finding drugstore foundation for my olive undertones and I found a perfect shade with the powder and foundation but it made me so shiny. I hope they make a line for oily skin! I'll stick with my mabelline shine free loose powder. Great for oily skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

really didn't like this at all I used it with the fit me foundation in porcelain as I have a very fair skin colour and it made me go all most orange with a lovely line because it would not blend ew! This foundation would be good if you were playing a leading role in willy wonker as an umpa lumpa!! It was no good for my oily skin as it went shiny after I'd had it on for an hour! With re applying it so often it lasted about 10 days which I'm glad because I quickly changed to a different kind!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by sugarbyte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ugh. glitter. I wouldn't have bought this had I know. Good shade selection though!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by katyrenae16

I have oily skin, and this makes my skin matte, but doesn't stay all day. Honestly, I put this on, and when I checked my makeup in my first class of the day, my face looked oily again. Not the best product if you have oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Anonymys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So I purchased this in 110 as I'm see-through and Porcelain is the lightest shade. But this oxidizes on me something fierce and after 5 or 10 minutes I look like I have a dirty brown mask on my face. It doesn't matter if I wear it with nothing else on my face or if I have the rest of my normal make up on, it oxidizes and makes me look like I lost a facial fight with a spray tan booth.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:
Great shade match (i used porcelain 110) which is difficult to find.
Available in various shades.
Sleek square black packaging
Separate compartment for sponge
Did not cause irritation
No detectable scent (at least not to my nose)
Cheap (5 dollars and change at Walmart)
Light coverage

Cons:
BEWARE GLITTER! not slight shimmer but actual specks of glitter
Faded very quickly (even on my dry skin)

The glitter was a huge con for me. I spend my makeup life trying to avoid it and it shows up in a face powder. Wtf?!? It does not say it is matte so I did not expect a matte finish, but I also did not expect to look like a glitter ball. Also, it faded very quickly and my skin is dry so I would image this would be utterly useless on oiler skins. The coverage was light when used with the sponge. I actually liked the sponge. I would imagine it would be sheer when used with a brush. I really wanted this to work because I loved the shade, packaging, and price, but sadly, I found it to be glittery and rather useless.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was not impressed with this powder. I have combination skin, and oily in the t-zone. While it didn't break me out, it did nothing to blot my oily skin, either. Within an hour of putting on the product, my t-zone was an oil slick.

I didn't care for the sparkly effect, either. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by auxxyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does not take away my shine. Only good thing in the fit me line is the concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by MissCan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product! I am part Australian/Chinese so it's had to find a powder that is not too pink or pastey looking. I am an actor so i go to auditions and need a powder that can be put on quickly, take away shine and still look natural and effortless. It wears really well and don't really find I need to reapply - altho i am not one to reapply if i go out shopping etc. I just use this one my T-ZONE as i get really oily and blotchy. I apply my liquid foundation and then concealer and finally set it with this powder. I love it- it's nothing to fancy and it keeps my skin looking naturally smooth.

The black powder box it comes in is great- opens with a mirror underneath the powder and a circular powder pad.

I got this on sale for $7.50 and want to get another one to leave in my handbag now :)

Really great for people who don't want something to heavy and just want the natural look.