April 17, 2014 | 1072 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Fit Me Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by lusciouslipsandlashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is NOT comparible to NARS Radiant and Creamy.
Here is a perfect example of why "dupes" should consider more than just the packaging and pigment.

--Maybelline Fit Me is a water based concealer with more than 13 moderately dangerous chemicals.
--Nars Radiant Creamy is a Dimethicone based concealer with less than 1/2 of those pesky chemicals.

Dimethicone based concealers & foundations provide maximum coverage, with fine line and uneven skin fillers. It's consistency is uncomparable, and can best be described as using liquid gold. It is a perfect match for someone looking for 100% coverage.

Water based concealers & foundations provide less coverage, and are typically not build-able (can't layer the product without looking cakey) They are a perfect match for someone looking to still have their natural skin show through.

For a water based concealer this did the job, however not worthy for anyone looking for 100% coverage.

12 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HOLY GRAIL CONCEALER! DUPE for the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer! This concealer is exactly the same as the NARS one except only $5!!!! It blends like a dream and I use this to cover my under eye circles and to also highlight parts of my face. I use shade 10 Light. I am NC30. It is light weight yet covers everything. It is amazing quality and looks beautiful on the skin.

This concealer is perfection. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Run and buy this! Don't walk!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HOLY GRAIL CONCEALER! DUPE for the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer! This concealer is exactly the same as the NARS one except only $5!!!! It blends like a dream and I use this to cover my under eye circles and to also highlight parts of my face. I use shade 10 Light. I am NC30. It is amazing quality and looks beautiful on the skin. This concealer is perfection. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Why does it have so few reviews it's crazy! Run and buy this! Don't walk!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by precious23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really love this concealer, I use it to contour rather than use it for concealing. Sometimes I find powder bronzers to be too heavy and cakey on my face so I decided to find a darker shade of concealer. I use this product to contour my cheeks, nose and forehead and the texture is creamy but really easy to blend. My face doesn't look cakey at all and I am so pleased that this comes in darker shades. I use it in the colour "cafe" and will definitely repurchase. 5/5

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by ZeeJay786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a very nice concealer for the price. Very creamy and not cakey.
I did notice that by the end of the day it had setlles into very fine lines around my eyes (that are not visibile when I have no makeup on). I will continue to use this for blemishes now as it does a good job at covering and lasts a long time. I would say the Maybelline - the Eraser eye concealer is better for under the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by lexeelayne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS! This is a great concert, by far my favorite I have tried ever. Only one tiny complaint: sometimes it will slightly burn under my eyes for a couple seconds before I blend it out. Only sometimes, and it isn't a major problem. But I love this and will definitely repurchase, already have as well! Great consistency and the coverage is fantastic. Recommend for everyone

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Love2Laugh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really hated this product. I tried it several different ways - with a tiny bit of moisturizer under the eye, and then without it, with a different moisturizer, and then without it, even attempting to cover up spots on my cheeks. On and on my application techniques went until in frustration I just threw the darn thing out. It never gave enough coverage, even when I applied light layers. And then, it seemed to find every line under my eye. At over 50, this is NOT a pretty look. And believe me, I have no problem with my fine lines, I just am not in the habit of making them the main feature on my face and for whatever the reason, this concealer seemed to "enhance" them even more. As for covering areas on my face, it was as if it never was never there about an hour after I applied it. Yet another thing this product did was dry out my under eye area even more. I am an oily skin gal, and normally struggle with some oiliness under my eye area, but this made it look so dry and patchy. Bye-bye, Fit Me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer is so easy to apply....it's lightweight, yet covers under-eye circles completely. I am currently using this in #30 as an under-eye concealer and highlight and I love the smooth finish. The application is very simple with the wand applicator. My only complaint is that there does not seem to be enough product in the tube. You can get this on sale and stack coupons to help off-set the lack of product volume, but overall this is a great little concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by vicaquino

One of my favorites! Such great coverage and blends out so nicely. Instantly brightens my undereye area, and makes me look so awake. I love the doe foot applicator, it gives really great control and precision when it comes to applying the product. It does settle into fine lines a little, but if you set it with a powder it really helps prevent that. A little goes a long way with this one, and it lasts all day. Definitely a must have in your collection!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the best I concealer I have found to date. I have dark circles, puffy eyes and a lot of redness around the nose. Now my lids are getting heavier due to age, I have been desperate to find a concealer or corrector that worked and was glad to find this. I got a few colors at Target. I had a hard time reading the label well and trying to matching the colors. So I got a few to be sure. There are about 5 shades. Light is close to my foundation (NC20). They come in a small long tubes with wands. You don't get a lot in the tube, but you only need a little bit. It's best to dot on and then blend. These are quite pigmented, yet they aren't heavy or creamy. They are matteish, not reflective, which makes me happy. I do feel they cover quite well. The texture is light. It's not the silkiest or most skin like texture, but it feels light and haven't not creased up on me.

I have been searching for months for an acceptable answer to my redness problem and dark circles. In the past few months alone I tried: Maybelline Age Rewind in pink & yellow (slide into creases, don't fully cover or look natural), Sonia Kashuk's palette (heavy creamy texture), Clinique Airbrush (too shiny and covers nothing), JI Circle Delete (heavy). I have tired masking the red with yellow, green and salmon. Those colors can dampen redness, but none have covered it. They can look off, even ghoulish. They be best for covering blemishes. The real problem with the correctors was that they looked and felt heavy and caked. Some of the concealers were too reflective and sheer and work more like illuminators. That's fine if you are young and have mild circles, but it looked terrible on me. So I am so happy to find something to really covers.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No