Escada Taj Sunset

4.3

on 6/27/2011 5:30:00 PM

I got a sample of this and I used it up so fast! It's a decently affordable perfume so I should be picking it up soon. This smells amazing! Think summery, fruity, and tropical. This is the scent I think of when I think of summer because it's just so fruity and fresh. To me, Escada perfumes smell very similar to each other (each year they release a scent) but this one just has a bit of a zing to it which I really enjoy. My only regret with this perfume is that it doesn't last very long on my skin. After a couple of hours, it cannot be detected by myself nor the people around me, so I bumped off a lippie for that. (but it does last long on my friend so I'm thinking it differs by person)

on 6/27/2011 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got this product about a month ago. Sadly my brothers kid got ahold of it and sprayed about half of the bottle.

I picked this up at a fragrance store in the mall when I was looking for a summer time fragrance. I didn't bother to try the perfume on for the wear time because I was leaving for the beach the next morning and was eager to bring a new perfume with me. I really enjoy the scent of this perfume. It isn't to much. Its light and fruity. The wear time is decent a lot of the times I spray it on i am going to work and sweating so its obviously not going to stay on me as long as if i was going out with friends. I would buy this fragrance again just not from a fragrance store because I believe i got this big bottle for 70 and from what I have seen online it was way over priced.

I gave the packaging a two because the lid doesn't stay on the damn perfume!

I got this from my boyfriend last Christmas but my best friend helped him decide to buy it for me. it smells so good and yummy :) I wear it all the time so I'm pretty adjusted to the scent but I get compliments all the time The only thing I don't like about it is it seems to wear off pretty fast.

on 6/23/2011 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a limited edition summer fragrance from Escada. IMO it is very typical (if a good way) of all the Escada fragrances I have experienced - light, fun, floral/fruity and just overall wonderful scents. This isn't over powering at all and is great for everyday or casual use. It is a nice blend of various fruit scents with some floral as well. (I am not very good with fragrance descriptions so I will you refer to some of the other reviews for more details on the overall scents comprising this fragrance.) On me it lasts a moderate amount of time so reapplication is needed from time to time. As far as fragrances go this isn't overly expensive and IMO well worth the price. I would definitely purchase again because I like it well enough to do so.

on 6/15/2011 8:45:00 AM

I got a sample at Sephora in a drawstring bag. This one really surprised me because it doesn't smell like a perfume, really -- none of that spicy smell that perfumes usually have. BUT it smells great. The main note is the King Alphonso mango from India. It also has citrus and some coconut, but I can't usually smell the coconut. I wore it to work and kept smelling my wrists like other people have said. I asked my friends whether I smelled like a mango and they all said yes and they all liked it. One of my friends who never wears makeup or perfume put some on, too. The scent goes away so I have to keep applying it, and I am quickly using up the sample I got,which is a first for me. I am starting to get into some of the others in the bag, though.

on 6/12/2011 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I adore this perfume and am so glad that other reviewers also can't help sniffing their wrists when they are wearing it, I totally do this! The scent is really fruity and light, and not at all sickly.

The only downside of this is that the smell is not too long lasting, but I read a tip to spray it on your bra and in your hair to make it last longer, and that really does work. I can't recommend this enough.

on 6/2/2011 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Escada LE Summer perfumes are my favorite fruity scents. They all kinda smell the same with a extra fruit to make them a little different. Taj Sunset has mango as the highlight fruit. When I first spray it, I get an bright, juicy, orange with a strong mango base. After it settles, it a slightly creamy, light musk, sheer woodsy with a strong mango candy base. Even though it is an EDT it last a long time on me, it's not strong but lingers and smells nice. To me, this is a perfect, fun, fruity, summery scent. In a nut shell, I think it basically smells like yummy mango candy. The price is fair, I paid $55 for a 1.6oz bottle. I am sure it will hit your local discounts stores for half price in six months. I love it so much, I don't mind paying full price.

on 5/31/2011 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I can't really put my finger on what it is about the fruity Escada scents I like so much, and I certainly don't think they are masterpieces, but there is something about the beachy, tropical, glamour pastiche of them I find just so hot. They are blingingly good, without actually being superbling - occupying in my mind a place between preppy privileged princess and cheap Californian vice girl. Escada don't use the best ingredients - not by quite a long shot - but still, I like them all the same. So far my favourite of the fruity limited editions has been Pacific Paradise.
These scents probably smell rather a lot alike to most people, but once you get used to the juiciness and sweetness, you can just about differentiate between one and another. Pacific Paradise was zesty and Moon Sparkle had more of a berry thing going on.
This one is heavy on the mango and pineapple, but I get some spicy, creamy lychee too. I don't get much coconut but just the milkiness of coconut, and it seems slightly spicier than its predecessors (whilst not being very spicy at all).
My beau was rather impressed by this, and since it smells of holidays abroad, I'm planning on using it for that purpose.

on 5/25/2011 9:54:00 PM

Smells absolutely gorgeous, really summery and fruity.
Pretty standard price for perfume so not much to say there.
Has really good staying power, when I first sampled this in the shops I could still smell it on my wrist the next morning!
One of my all-time favourite perfumes, everyone always comments on how good it smells.

on 5/25/2011 1:45:00 PM

I love how fruity this smells, but instead of making me feel like a little girl wearing it, it makes me feel really sexy!

Popular Fragrances