April 21, 2014 | 970 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Dumbogrl

Sleek and pretty. My HG foundation/concealer hands down. BUY IT. YOU WON'T REGRET IT:]

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 4:44:00 AM More reviews by hannahsnider

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my Holy Grail foundation. You only need the tiniest amount with a moisturizer underneath, and it works best when you use your fingers to smooth over the product in crease-prone areas such as the smile lines and under eye area, if you don't the pigment can and will settle there.

This covers EVERYTHING, and because it does YOU HAVE TO ADD COLOR AND DIMENSION BACK INTO YOUR FACE, if you don't it WILL look like a mask, so it is a must to either contour, add blush or bronzer.

Please keep this in mind when using this product, hope this helped somebody! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by TheNonchalentBottle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely swear by this foundation! If used wrong it can look Cakey though. I would say I'm an NC17 and 01 Ivory is a perfect match for me. One thing to mention though is YOU HAVE TO WEAR PRIMER/MOISTURISER BEFORE APPLYING for a smooth application. I use a mat tidying biore sunscreen as my skin is super oily. I use my real techniques stippling brush with this. On the seas where I need less coverage I buff it in, but on blemishes definitely stipple it in. I am super oily so I do have to blot after like 4/5 hours, but if you have normal skin, you wouldn't need to set the foundation with a powder. Overall, as someone with acne, I would for sure recommend to those with acne - I don't need to use a concealer with this which is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by jojoxc

My GO TO foundation! MY ONE AND ONLY!! I've tried many many foundations, from MAC to MUF to LancĂ´me to givenchy, chanel, shiseido, NARS to everything!! Flawless skin is a MUST for me, especially in photos and this foundation is perfect. It dries into a beautiful matte finish, i dont even need to set it with powder. I used to love the NARS sheer glow, but it did not give enough coverage, not to mention it began to oxidize and fade away within a couple hours of wear. To top it off, I have sensitive, acne prone, combination skin, it would be super oily one day, and super dry the next. I also have tons of acne scarring, and this foundation covers most if not ALL of it. It IS a very heavy and thick foundation (especially during summer) but flawlessness calls for sacrifice. You do get a little shiny afterwards but nothing blotting paper can't fix. And it lasts FOREVER, with many foundations it seems as though they melt and patch away after awhile but the formula here just works fantastic on my skin. I've slept in it a couple times before and I have yet to break out from this foundation. Overall, a good foundation for those who want full coverage and matte finish. I've repurchased before and ill definitely repurchase again

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by melissa1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So when EL changed their Doublewear formula to their new horrendous liquid I had to find a replacement pronto!! I had heard about the maximum cover but couldn't really afford it but I was lucky enough to do a deal with a lady on here. For one the packaging is a million times better than Doublewear as the squeezey tube is so much more convinient and cleaner to use. I applied with a MAC 190 and I loved the thick cream consistency that I found easily blendable and left me with flawless, well covered skin. I set the foundation with a powder compact. The only downfall to the product is that after several hours I noticed my t-zone was very oily and I had to blot and re powder. I don't really remember having this problem with the original double wear which I sorely miss :-( I would still 100% repurchase this foundation though and did not find it cakey at all as other reviewers said, infact it wasn't as heavy as I thought it was going to be but definitely covered the blemishes and redness I wanted it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by CKHerrera

Favoritest foundation of all time!! Made a big mistake not rebuying this. I hate that's it's only available at Macy's or online, so it's pay for gas to a Macy's one hour away or pay S&H.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by av77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation!! Ive got bags and bags of unsuccessful foundations that I've tried. Finally, I got the Makeup Alley app, read the reviews on this product, and bought it. The first day I wore it, I went to a rodeo where I was riding horses in 100 degree Texas heat for hours. I looked in the mirror when I got home, expecting to look terrible, but I didn't! The makeup stayed through the whole day! This foundation is extremely light, but has amazing coverage. It's unlike any foundation I've tried. So this week I'm at the beach, and I went fishing on my boyfriends boat. It was scorching hot, water flying in my face, and crazy windy when the boat was going. Once again, I looked in the mirror once we got back, expecting the worst, but my face had a dewey flawless look! Can't recommend it enough. It doesn't cake, it stays put

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by pungalina

This WAS the best foundation, I have used it for several years. Just ran out and repurchased well they must have changed the formula, before it was perfect if you knew how to apply. Now it is greasy not much coverage leaves your face a shiny oil slick shortly after applying never had this before.This so defeats the purpose of this foundation.So now back to searching for another foundation.
Please stop changing formulas or at least let us know before you do.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by whateilidhdid

I like a full coverage and when I used normal Double Wear, I was using one layer, a layer of powder, another layer of foundation then another layer of powder/bronzer in top. It was financially feasible and my face started to break out and became quite dry in places. I then tried Maximum Cover and I don't think I would use any other foundation! It gives perfect full coverage (covers a few scars and freckles that I am self conscious about) but still feels breathable. I like that its in a flexible tube as opposed to a bottle because I feel that you can get more out of it (cutting it in half with scissors when unable to squeeze any more out) and you can control how much you use. I either squeeze a pea sized onto my hand and use a foundation brush or just rub it on with my hands for a little bit less coverage. I don't really like that if I use a highlighter/primer underneath, it doesn't show through as the foundation gives SUCH a good cover. I have oily skin so I have to touch up my bronzer/powder once or twice a day but the staying power of the actual foundation is phenomenal. I find that a small amount does a very long way. I am very pale and the lightest colour (001) still felt a bit orange on my face but I use a lighter powder to set. Overall, this foundation is has great cover an staying power but colours and ability to use anything underneath is limited.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Beckyh101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was terrible for my dry skin, it stuck to the dry patches and went flakey in parts. It's very very full coverage it sets very quickly so you have to get it on and blend it quite quickly it's very light and I'm just using mine as a concealer as its too heavy for me to use as a foundation