October 24, 2014 | 1862 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

Where do I start? I love MAC Studio Fix Liquid and the Powder Plus Foundation because of the full coverage it gives me. But I broke out terribly I had to switch to YSL Youth Liberator Serum Foundation which promised to even out skin tone but it didn't help me in any way. I returned it after two weeks. I was about to buy Chanel Mat Lumiere even if I wasn't satisfied with the coverage and came across Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Coverage and oh boy did I love it the first application so I bought it instead! What they say in the previous reviews that a little bit goes a long, long way! Less than a pea size is enough to cover ALL imperfections I have unlike in YSL I do two pumps and still no coverage! This foundation is my life saver!!! I mean it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Ldh1967

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product for the past 6 months ,in the beginning I was using it as my foundation for my entire face, however it is very matte finish and at my age I am looking for a more dewy finish. The coverage is absolutely amazing, I have rosacea on my nose and cheeks and this takes care of that problem. I am currently using it as more of a concealer on my nose and cheeks and I use another foundation(dewier) for the rest of my face. I will definitely continue using this as my concealer, if you are looking for a full coverage foundation that is a matte finish this one is worth every penny. A very tiny amount(half the size of a pea) covers the entire face so it is very cost effective.
I just wish Estee Lauder would come out with a dewy finish in this line and a few more shades in the pink undertone family.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

years and years of using this product have made me consider it as a best friend.. sometimes ignored, sometimes not used enough.. but always loved and loved back.

I used this a lot for photography -- it gave the most flawless finish. Then the formula and packaging was changed, and then I got a few flashbacks so have been using the MAC Pro cream in it's place.. but, to be honest, this is my HG.

I always have two tubes in rotation and always travel with one tube. The tube packaging is fantastic - lightweight and easy to tote along. I hate the big clunk jars with big open mouths.
The texture of this product is dense -- not thick just dense but that makes it so easy to build up or out. You can mix this with moisturizer, illuminator or even your spf for hot humid weather (I have and it works beautifully). I am going to use it this way around my under eye and nose/cheek area which are the areas so affected by menopausal sweats. The product has always worked for me when I have deep deep undereye discoloration from lack of sleep.

Mix this on top part of your hand, warm up and apply with fingers then use your blending brush or beauty blender to meld the whole face.
amazing finish and one of EL's best products imo.

will always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by loveisgreen22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I have never written a review for this foundation, I love it! I bought it on a whim last year walking through macy's because I had bad acne scarring, acne-prone, sensitive skin. The saleslady tested it on her arm for me. Literally one drop covered her whole arm! Okay great, a little goes a long way. But my main concern was if it would break me out, because I've had plenty of foundations do that to me. She assured me that the she never heard any complaints, so I bought it, I think its only $34? Not a bad price for what you get! It definitely gives you FULL coverage. I put three dots on my face and just buff it in with a flat top brush and I get all the coverage, but it does not look overdone. I've had the one tube for almost a year now and i think it can last me another 3 months. Has never oxidized, never breaks me out, stays on all day. I don't use concealer anymore, this foundation takes care of everything. A+ from me! I don't think I'll be buying another foundation anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Karinnne

I have done a lot of research to find the perfect foundation, and I finally found it. There are certainly bad reviews for this foundation and the reason is because they don't know how to use it. You can't just put this on your face real fast and run out the door there is a certain way you need to put this foundation on in order for it to work for you. It took me a while to really learn how to use it and these are my steps.... 1) moisturizer 2) primer (tarte clean slate 12 hr) or any primer of your choice. 3) Mac fix+ 4) put Very little foundation and blend with your beauty blender. This gives me full coverage and it doesn't look cakey because you use very little since you don't need a lot. This doesn't make me break out either. After 6 months I have completed my search for a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Chitowngrl75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation on the days I want full coverage!!! You need so little to cover everything!! I have acne scars and I don't need concealer. I use a damp beauty blender to apply this and it looks lovely!! I use it especially on the days I work 12 hours. So this is on for 15 hours that day!! I've even returned the concealers I've recently bought cuz I use this as my concealer for spots instead. I have sooo many foundations it's ridiculous!! For full coverage I have KVDs lock it and lancome's 24 hr. This beats them both!!!

Update 11/12/13: Still loving this foundation!! Lately for daily makeup, I've been mixing it w/Dior's Hydralife BB cream and OMG beautiful results!!!! It still covers all my post acne marks and scarring!!! I just ordered another bottle from Macy's as backup just in case they discontinue it. My KVD and Lancome 24 hr are not getting any attention from me now. LOL!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by RebekahDigney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I Just bought this product, after I saw all the reviews. And I must say it glides on beautifully and you really need next to nothing for a full coverage application.Im Nc20 in mac foundation and I got this is the colour "creamy vanilla". I personally found that its lasting power is fairly average, this could be due to my combination and slightly oily skin, although it was set with a primer and a setting powder. Due to the SPF unfortunately its a no go for photo's but really beautiful and flawless with no cakiness that other foundations give after a few hours. I much prefer it over my garnier bb cream or my mac pro long wear throughout the day. The price in Australia is $50 which is hefty for a small amount of product, however I will repurchase purely because its flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by xjessxdunnx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i thrive on trying to find the most coverage foundation I can.... im not a make up artist I don't use brushes im a normal girl who wants a bloody good foundation I don't care about sheerness I don't like my skin I need something to cover my health problems with my skin that I have... and before your thinking no its not acne! I read a hell of a lot of reviews before considering to buy this foundation and one day I went town and though bugger it I absolutely hate face to face interaction with make up counter chicks she was nice enough but no offence I cant be bothered I had a dark foundation on that day and I hate anyone touching my face especially my jaw line and neck and she couldn't see a match she said a light shade I said no I cant wear light as ill have a tanned body and a white face and I hate it... so I didn't take her advice and got a deep tan shade or something sorry cannot be bothered to get up and have a look at the shade im a load of good! anyhows that evening I went on a random trip to Birmingham with all my shopping in hand no clothes just my shopping thank god I had bought that foundation I was please when I first applied a little light for me! see told you I should of gone darker good job I did go darker than what she said! anyways because it was so expensive I didn't want to use all the time so I used it excited when going to work one day and I have never had a foundation rub off so much as this does I touch it and its on my finger hours later but its still on my face I think I used too much or something... so over all its a great coverage would defo buy again don't use all the time due to price but I like it in my make up bag!!! thank you estee lauder!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by GentleReader

For full coverage, this is my favorite foundation, hands down. I have very sensitive, acne-prone combo skin that breaks out within hours of wearing a silicone-based foundation. The fact that this product is mercifully free of cones is what made me curious about it to begin with, and I am so glad I tried it out! I can get a completely flawless, air-brushed complexion with this, without paying for it in a crop of those annoying acne papules......

It is the most full coverage product I've ever found. Redness, sunspots, PIH, etc. disappear under this. Being so opaque, application is really key to achieving a natural, non-cakey look--I apply a few tiny dots to the center of my face and then blend outward with a damp BB sponge or foundation brush (I've actually been using Sephora's Pro blending brush #134 for this, with good results). One thin, well-buffed layer is usually enough coverage, but if I have any residual redness or spot correcting to do, I apply a tiny bit more just to those areas. I do use a separate undereye concealer, but for my face, this product is foundation and concealer in one.

Oil control is moderate to good. I live in a warm, humid climate and if I don't set this it will start to look shiny after about 4-5 hours. But if I set it well and am mostly staying indoors, it lasts 10-12 hours, easily. Because it's so full-coverage, I typically only use this for nights out, or as a spot concealer on top of my CC cream for daytime wear. If wearing all over your face, you really need to moisturize prior to application or the pigment will cling to dry/flaky patches.

I have neutral fair skin (somewhere around NC 17) and the shade Creamy Ivory Light is a good match. However, EL is apparently introducing more shades with a wider array of undertones, and right now my color is impossible to find either locally or online :( So for now, I'm relying on the kindness of a Dillard's SA who gave me a sample. But as soon as the new shades are debuted, I'll be at the EL counter getting a shade match and hopefully a full tube to call my own!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Coke01

This my first review. I have used this product off and on for 4 years. I now use it daily. For reference I am 59 with somewhat senstive skin, a red nose, broken capilaries on my cheeks, dark circle under my eyes, but smooth skin with very minor wrinkling around my eyes.

I put it on the back of my hand first to warm it up. Less than a pea may even be too much, you can always go back for more. I start by applying a light layer on my nose, cheeks and circles. Then I go back and apply full face. If my cheeks are especially red I will then tap on any remaining product on to my cheeks. I almost always apply with fingertips as I find it gives this product a better finish.

I do use this foundation in several different ways that are very effective too. If my face is not too red I mix a small amount of ELDW with my Dr. Jart BB cream. This combo helps with slip and as others have said because of the limited color selection warms up the DW for me. I have also mixed it with MAC and Chanel foundations that I have but prefer the results with the BB.

Another reviewer also commented on the possible need for bronzer. I am very fair and bronzer does not work for me. But I do use MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium. I place a light dusting on my cheeks, top of forehead and under my chin.

This foundation can be very mask like if you start with too much. There is not alot of play time, which works for me because if I want to add another layer I am not just moving around what I have already put on.

My face will stay flawless from 7AM to 7PM without any touch ups. I can only speak to my skin but my face does need to be moisturized or I will develop dry patches during the day. You can see how well the product stays in place when you "try" to wash it off of the back of your hand, it takes work. I find it is easily removed from my face with cleansing oil. I always clean my face with oil and a microfiber cloth and this is highly effective.

I would highly recommend this product. It's not for everyone. But it can also be a great concealer, spot cover or mixed with moisturizer to thin out the product.

Edited to correct brand of BB cream

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No