November 27, 2014 | 1238 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Until few days ago I loved Jojoba oi! I thought it's amazing skin care solution for glowy, soft and clear skin. I used a drop with my moisturizer at night, and sometimes in the morning.
I used it for about 5 days (loved the way my skin was very soft and smooth) and then I noticed that I'm having breakouts more and more. First on cheeks, then on chin.. and usually I do not have any acne or breakouts because I have found my perfect creams, foundations, etc that never break me out.
Only few days ago I realized it should be Jojoba oil. I never, ever have acne on my body, but when using Jojoba oil on my chest, next morning I got a pimple the same place where Jojoba oil was applied. I am returning Jojoba oil. It was on sale for $7.80 at Fresh Market.
Also, the packaging is not great, it's coming out through the lid, they should think of new bottle, that doesn't spill.
Update: After about a week my skin is finally clearing up. I have to remind myself to stick to tested products that my skin loves (Dr. Hauschka products).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by sunblockobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I started using this brand of jojoba oil when I had moderate acne in high school. I experimented with its various uses but found that I really only liked it added to my moisturizer.

I believe that over time, it can help fade red marks, and it might have loosened my blackheads. I couldn't use it during the day because I found it to be to heavy (and runny), but it's still great for nighttime.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Ebyanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love how this makes my skin look! It is not greasy, travels easily, and I can also use it as an occasional hot oil treatment for my hair. I even wrote an article about it! You can read it at http://www.anniesnuggets.com/2010/12/magical-golden-oil.html

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by soyamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yes it makes you break out at first, but only because it purges your skin. I had enlarged pores on my nose for years and they FINALLY came out when I started moisturizing and steaming my face with this. I use it every day and it helps to balance my oily skin (even though is did honestly take a while) I get very severe eczema and cystic acne on my face and this doesn't aggravate it whatsoever.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by breakupovertea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

-Break out city (not acne prone)
-Not moisturizing
-Left a waxy filmy feeling on my face

One of my least favorite oils.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I love jojoba oil- it keeps my hair shiny and healthy looking. It's just so expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by jodienicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Jojoba is probably my favorite skincare product at the moment. A little background, I have terribly sensitive skin and even though I have needed a good moisturizer tailored to my oily skin, my skin just could not take anything I tried. But then..I found jojoba oil. I came across it by reading beauty articles that talked specifically about finding make-up products based on your heritage, and since my family is from England originally my skin does better with products that are produced in similar climates, etc (aka coconut oil I can't use). Jojoba is grown here in the States, thus its not so exotic to me and my skin type. Also, I have found for me that it is only good to use it at night after I wash my face and before I put tea tree oil on any blemishes (my personal full-proof beauty regimen). Some people use it for everything (make-up remover, face wash, etc) but when I began to use it more than once a day it was not as effective. I also do not put it on before my make-up to avoid the make-up sinking in with the jojoba oil. All in all my skin looks to be retaining a good amount of moisture and has continued to look increasingly healthy due to this product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by glvazquez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When reading product reviews I think you have to keep in mind what the reviewer used the product for. If I had oily skin prone to breakouts and I used Jojoba oil to control acne flare ups then I would probably give this product one lippie. As it is, I have dry skin that I treat with Clinique super rescue antioxidant moisturizer at bedtime. I apply jojoba oil after that has been absorbed by my skin. Alone, as an only moisturizer, it doesn't contain skin communication substances or the mix of antioxidants that are found in better preparations.
I also use it to remove makeup and then follow with Sensibio water by Bioderma to remove what little bit of makeup remains.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by macoe

Holy grail product! I've been using this for years to boost the moisturizing ability of my fav moisturizer (Merlot Moisturizer SPF 15). I only need a drop or two and it's not only moisturizing but balancing, soothing and dare I say, perhaps clearing? It certainly seems like it. A little goes a long way, meaning a bottle lasts over a year, does not go rancid, travels well as it's small and plastic rather than glass, while letting you easily see how much you have left. It's super affordable, cruelty-free, and one of the best things I've ever done for my skin (which for reference is combination, tending towards dryness, but can get clogged pores and even occasional breakouts, and also somewhat sensitive—yay). This has never irritated, clogged, broken out or dried my skin. Btw, some oils can be drying. I'm experimenting with Argan, Maracuja, and Marula oils now (verdicts still to come) and both Argan and Marula dried me out a bit. Rose oil was super soothing and moisturizing but clogged my pores a bit (although I can use rosewater spray with no ill effects). Anyway, all this experimenting has reminded me of how great jojoba oil is. And I was never looking to replace it—I use it in the daytime and was looking for something to boost my nighttime moisturizer. But we'll see; I may just end up with adding this to the night routine as well. Give it a try; it's pretty amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by jackiech100

After countless acne washes, scrubs, spot treatments, and masks I finally found the product that works for me. I found this oil in my bathroom drawer, unopened. I don't even remember buying it. I had heard before that jojoba oil can be used for acne so I tried it. I didn't see much of anything until after a few days of using it at night and in the morning. Now I have been using it everyday for about a month and my face is clear of acne. I still get very few on my forehead, which has always been a trouble area for me, but other than that my skin looks great! I no longer wake up nervous to look in the mirror to see if I have gotten any pimples overnight. My pores and acne scars have also been reduced in size. I will continue using this product, definitely!

***Update*** I've been using this oil for about seven months, and I'm still as happy with my skin as I was the first month. I still get a few pimples when I'm over stressed, but they're uncommon and usually small. I rub plenty of the jojoba oil on my face every night before I sleep- it's kind of messy and annoying to sleep with oil on my face, but it's worth it. I've been using my current bottle of oil for four months, and it's half full so it last a long time! I think I'll be using this oil for a while!