September 22, 2014 | 1554 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Colorburst (All colors)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by missixty5

I purchased this from Target for $7 in the color sienna. I really love the fact that it is not sticky has a nice shine and seems to last a decent amount of time. I really like the applicator sponge versus a brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by VampirePrincess320

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

!!Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss!! :D

PROS:
- Moisturizing and creamy
- Nice and tall packaging
- Beautiful color (I own it in #2 Crystal Lilac)
- Color range (Their are a lot of nice colors.)
- Applicator (It's a soft sponge texture, and the product gets on both sides of the applicator so you get equal amount of product for your top and bottom lip.)

CONS:
- Price (They cost around $6 at Target, but I was lucky to get a $2 off coupon.)

OVERALL, I would recommend this lip gloss, I love it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I found my HG lipgloss. The Revlon colorburst lipglosses are highly pigmented glosses that are never sticky or tacky and yet are quite long lasting. In my experience lip glosses fell into two categories either sticky and longlasting or none sticky and fast fading. But these new colorburst lipglosses (i have bordeaux and sienna sparkle) are a new breed. The colour does last quite a while (by lipgloss standards). The glossy shine is just enough, not too over the top and when the shine factor fades, there is still a hint of colour (like a lipstain) that lingers for some time. It goes on smoothly and evenly, feels great on, and has excellent pigmentation. However, it really is the longevity of colour that sets it apart from the rest. I paid $4.00 CAN for it and would most definitely repurchase. The only con is with the colour selection which is only ok but the product itself is very good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was impressed with the quality of Revlon Colorburst lipstick, so I got the lipgloss in Fire. I lost my favorite red gloss ironically enough in a house fire, and wasn't able to replace it as it had been discontinued. I actually think Revlon's Fire is better, a beautiful cool toned red in exactly the right shade for my fair complexion. The first time I opened it I thought my applicator had been damaged, but the paddle shape is intentional. It fits perfectly between my lips, allowing me to apply gloss to both upper and lower lip at the same time. It's also a bit narrower than other applicators, which facilitates accuracy. I like the cross-hatching on the lid which gives a good grip, and the packaging looks more luxe than drugstore. The gloss itself is creamy and smooth, with a subtle dessert-like scent. Vanilla is scientifically proven to be the most appealing smell to men (other than new car, of course), my husband included, so I wish the scent lasted more than just a few minutes. The pigmentation is superb, and lasts a lot longer than any other gloss I've tried, including Revlon Super Lustrous. I like that it's easy to apply however much color you want, whether a light wash or full on drama. It's not sticky or tacky, stays where I put it and doesn't settle into lines. I liked it so much that I bought one in Rosegold, Strawberry, Bordeaux, and Papaya, the latter of which turned out to be too much of a coral for me, so I gave it to my sister. My goal is to acquire the entire collection, and I just got Orchid, Peony and Hot Pink on Ebay. The glosses with glitter are my favorites, so I don't understand why others have had problems. I also am puzzled why other reviews have bashed the pigmentation quality. I usually wear gloss on top of a lipstick, but even alone the color is lovely. Whenever I'm wearing one of these I get lots of compliments, and am frequently asked for specifics. Drugstore brands have come a long way in terms of quality and while I agree these glosses aren't exactly dirt cheap, they're excellent value for what you pay. I've been using them for 8 months and can barely tell they aren't brand new. When I finally use one up, probably in two years time, I will most definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by erawr

This product has beautiful packaging and shades but I just couldn't get over the smell! I've read so many reviews about it having a slight vanilla scent but after going to three different stores and trying out all the testers, all of the glosses have this gross plasticky scent that reminds me of dirt almost. Too bad. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by PrincessButtercup82

i had a few of the glitter ones. i hated them so much.. they felt absolutely awful on my lips. the glitter in it was very gritty.. i have worn glitter based glosses before, and usually you would not be able to feel it on.. i would never recommend this to anyone, you are better off going to the dollar store...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by synmyn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

For years I stayed away from drugstore lipsticks and lipglosses because of allergies. I still have to steer clear of many inexpensive brands that rely too heavily on mineral oil. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Revlon has reformulated many of their lipsticks and glosses without mineral oil or parabens.

My local supermarket has been running specials on Revlon products and I snagged six of these Colorburst lipglosses for around $3.00-4.00 a piece. A great price for the quality. These glosses are creamy on the lips and have a light vanilla scent. Staying power is average, but I don’t mind reapplying because I like the buttery texture. I find these quite moisturizing and prefer to wear them instead of a lip balm. As others have noted, the packaging is attractive and looks high end. I personally don’t mind the shape of the applicator—I think it’s easy to use.

There is a wide range of colors, but I find that the intensity of pigment and glitter varies depending on the color you choose. Some are very sheer and others deeply pigmented. Whether you love or hate this lipgloss depends on the color you choose.

One nice thing about the more highly pigmented colors is that you can put on a little for a sheer look, or layer on more to intensify the color. These glosses look great on their own or over a lipstick. The only thing I don’t like is the excessive glitter in some of these, so pick your colors carefully. Here are the ones I have:

-- Pink Ice – This is a very sheer pink with a touch of glitter. Don’t expect much color from this one, but it does give a pale, shiny gloss to the lips.

-- Orchid – This is a beauty. A soft, sheer pink with a hint of lilac. I was afraid this would be too light and lavender for my dark skin, but it really looks a lovely pink when it’s on. This color is more pink than it appears in the container and I like that it’s not overly glittery.

-- Rose Pearl – A pretty, cool, silvery rose. A lot of shine and pearlescence without too much glitter. Just a beautiful, soft, shimmery, summertime color for all skintones.

-- Bordeaux – A gorgeous, sexy, reddish-wine without too much glitter. Highly pigmented and absolutely rocks against a darker skintone. Love this color!

-- Sienna Sparkle – This is a great deep, coppery brown. Perfect for autumn and winter. Highly pigmented and really looks good on my dark skin. It is a little more glittery than I prefer, but for some reason, the glitter isn't as overpowering as with the Bronze Shimmer. I like to layer the Rose Pearl over this to soften the color and make it more wearable in the spring and summer.

-- Bronze Shimmer – This is my least favorite of the seven. Way too glittery—to the point where I can see the glitter traveling all over my face after the gloss has worn off. The color without the glitter is very nice, but I can’t stand seeing my lips full of glitter after the gloss has gone. So I just wear this around the house over the Sienna Sparkle.
UPDATE: Just couldn't stand the excessive glitter in the Bronze Shimmer and how it would travel all over my face. Tossed it. However, I'm still using and enjoying the other five shades.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

At first I thought these were really great glosses. But after using them for a while, I'm not that impressed.

Smell: These have a very weird smell that I can't put my finger on. Maybe I have a rancid one?

Texture: Glittery ones are a bit gritty IMO. I often times find that the glitter gets inside my mouth and I can feel it against my teeth. Yuk. The non-glittery ones are smooth, but both kinds bleed/travel like crazy.

Lasting power: Poor. Reapplication is required about every 30 minutes.

The biggest complaint I have is that they don't stay put. I hate it when gloss looks good for about 10 minutes, then travels in every direction on your lips, making you look sloppy. I won't be repurchasing these, nor will I be keeping the few that I have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I've 5 these in 4 colors: BORDEAUX (berry/plummy color), FIRE (red), STRAWBERRY (pinkish coral with sparkles, no red as strawberry), and SIENNA SPARKLE (brownish/copperish brown). Bordeax is my favorite and I've 2 (one for purse and one at home) and it's the most flattering on my face. I haven't tried Fire yet...keeping it for my hot dates. It is easy to apply and sort of OK for lasting power as I often sip water.

I must say Bordeax is also sexy... be careful if you are NOT in the mood for flirting. It can send the wrong signals :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

I received a sample of the Hot Pink shade in a Target beauty bag promotion. Although the hot pink looked like a very bright shade, it goes on very sheer. This is a good thing if you like a natural look, but I was hoping for a little more color. Another problem I had with this shade is that it had way too much glitter. My lips looked like a disco ball! Somehow, even after the color wore off, the glitter remained in place, scratching my skin with its unpleasant grainy texture. My lips were very dry at the end of the day. Overall, I did not enjoy this product and am very glad that I got to try it out for free instead of spending several dollars on a full tube.