November 27, 2014 | 944 users online

Eye Shadow - Elizabeth Arden - Eyeshadow

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2004 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Spastik_Kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just love the texture of these. So soft and silky they feel creamy. The majority of the line is on a neutral scale, the purples are earthy, the blues have a hint of grey to them which makes them fairly universal. The pigmentation is fairly translucent, but when built up or used over a base or cream show they can be rather dramatic. And at $10 usd a pop, you can't really go wrong. Plus they'll fit into a MAC palette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2004 8:18:00 PM More reviews by MissPurple

I have the duo. one is a dark shade of green and the other is silver. and I love these! the colors show well, just like what they look like in the case, and the staying power is great too. I always blend these two colors together and the result is just amazing. I also like the case with the BIG mirror, lol. I give it a 4 because there's no color else that I like, and the texture isn't as nice as something like Dior, which is my favorite when it comes to eye shadows.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2004 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Joseibi

I bought 4 of them (Teak, Sungold, Vanilla and Sky Blue) and was really excited about them. Well I was really disappointed. It was too drying on my lids, too sheer to have any color and it dried up my eyelids considerably even though I normally have oily lids. I didn't like them at all. For $14 a piece, I am hugely dismayed. Chanel, Dior, Lancome and Shiseido eyeshadows are much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2004 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Anastycia8311

like the single eyeshadows because I can pick and choose which colors I want. They are only 10 buck where I am and Im a do it yourself palette girl and thankfully with these dont have to do the bake out freeze out thing. Find these comparable to MAC in texture dont know why everyone seems to knock this brand. Anyway the dark colors are great to use as eyeliner, they go on smooth, I didnt even have to wet my liner brush. Also prefer matte shades anyway since most shiny eye makeup looks gross on me anyway .

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2004 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Stacy5232

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Giving it a four because would like to try a few other brands before deciding if this is the best. A silky well pigmented shadow that goes on smooth as good as Mac. Like the single eyeshadows because I can pick and choose my own palette. I may be in the minority here but I hate most frosted e/s and thankfully EA didnt jump on the everything must be frosted bandwagon. (Do we all have PT jobs as Las Vegas showgirls on the side?). Have Teak a wonderful basic brown- also great as a eyeliner and a pale pink similiar to Macs yogurt I like EA better because there less e/s "dust" and are well milled only gripe is the pan size is v. small but but at least not as expensive as say BB at $18 a pop either. Ten dollars a pop not dirt cheap but Ive seen e/s that were more $$$

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2004 9:02:00 PM More reviews by mumu81202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have vanilla. It's a nice highlight/all over color, in a nice pale tone (matches my skin) but it has only average blendability and consistancy. I can buy cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2003 1:09:00 PM More reviews by christinekerry

I have 6 of these shadows. They are very sheer and have no staying power at all. I also have trouble blending them. What little color that actually remains on my eye lid is stuck in the crease. I am not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2003 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Belle123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have two eyeshadow palettes, one with brown, earthy tones, the other with feminine pink tones, and both are very nice. Additionally, they smell very fresh and natural, which is really nice and assured me of their quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2003 6:21:00 AM More reviews by kandyDarling

These eye shadows are OK. They are supposed to be triple milled. I'm a lll-mmm and have sherbert which is a peachy colour and it does not show up at all on my lids.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2003 8:26:00 AM More reviews by hirondelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very sheer, overpriced shadows that are surprisingly bad considering they come from one of the most famous names in cosmetics. I had to practically dig in an applicator to get anything onto my lids; with a brush, almost nothing happened. The matte shades offer a good theoretical alternative to the shimmer, shimmer, shimmer so prevalent now, but EA needs to give these guys more pigment.