September 16, 2014 | 2013 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by JustKara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried really hard to make this mascara work for me, but it was just a no go. I loved the maybelline falsies mascara, and I thought this would be similar... I was wrong. I have medium length lashes and they were not volumized or lengthened with this, but clumped together like crazy. Even after trying to apply it in different ways over a few weeks it did not work for me. I liked the idea of a mascara that defined every lash, but this does the opposite and clumps them all together. I will not be repurchasing this mascara and I am disappointed that I can't return it to my local Shoppers where I paid 12 dollars for it....not worth it at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by BlueSuede

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara's terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE! Very wet and takes forever to wash off. I've thrown away the package with the ingredient list (and I'm about to toss the stupid mascara) so I don't know the exact ingredients on it and at this point I'm not even interested in looking them up online. BUT whatever they put in it reminds me of falsies adhesive glue ...just because the mascara refuses to wash off. Woudn't come off last night. I woke up this morning and still had a hard time washing them off. Tried using makeup remover and lost a few lashes in turn. I had a terrible experience with falsies late last year when I got them for the first time. They were painful and l lost all my lashes while trying to take them off. Couldn't go back to the salon where I got them, as it was far. To my surprisem my lashes grew back tremendously and even longer than before, so I'm pissed that I'm having a similiar experience because of one stupid mascara. If you're out there reading this, do not buy this piece of shit.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by PatentlyPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Took a bit of getting used to, but a great find. I have to wipe the wand down once with a tissue, but great for a natural look. Separated, nice volume without too much drama or clumps. A daily mascara that is easy to use and cheap.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by t604c

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This stuff SUCKS.

It was $5, so I thought I'd give it a try, but I could not find a single thing I liked about it. It flakes, it clumps like CRAZY (it's like super creamy wet formula, and the product is not even on the wand evenly, not to mention the huge glob of it on the tip of the wand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love trying out new mascaras but this is a favorite, and one that I always like to keep on hand. I prefer longer, more separated lashes to thicker ones, and this works great for me. I love the wand. The curve of it seems to fit my lashes nicely, and the shape makes it easy to get lower lashes too. I'm a big fan of this type of rubber bristled wand, as opposed to the more traditional bushy ones. This doesn't give a ton of volume, but it gives my lashes some length and separates them out nicely. It never flakes, clumps, or smudges. It seems to hold a curl decently for a non-waterproof formula. I don't notice any scent to it at all. If you're looking for a ton of volume and big huge lashes, you won't like this. If you want some length and a bit more of a natural look, I highly recommend. I've repurchased this several times.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

This was one of my random buys, because I liked the Falsies one - I thought of giving this one a go too.

You can disregard whatever it claims on the packaging, because it doesn't even live up to half of it!

The one I had had a very intense black color - which I enjoyed - but the brush was a mess. I managed to always hit myself with it in the eye and the mascara itself was flaking all over the face leaving nasty dark spots.

Plus this mascara was always smudging underneath my eyes which I found irritating!

Never ever will I come back to this one

For more candid in-depth reviews on other beauty/makeup products head here: http://thepartyparrot.wix.com/partyparrotblog

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by gato420

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i like this mascara a lot it separates my eyelashes and gives good volume but the scent of it is really powerful and overwhelming so i wont be repurchasing

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by BP8099

The formula was too wet and it didn't do much for my eyelashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Lashangel02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If u have a lot of mascaras, like me, and tend to switch on and off, this is not the best mascara to add to a collection. As a beginner, yes this mascara is good to try, but I usually only use this rarley. I've had it for 6 or so months now and yesterday I used it the first time of the month and it was very VERY flakey! I'm not sure if it was the hot environment, but If it was, this mascara did not go with it. My friend told me that she could see the mascara under my eyes, and it was so embarrassing!! Won't be purchasing again

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by jsbun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. It's definitely one of my top favourite. I have sparse and fine lashes and they seem to coat them very nicely with a natural look.

The formula seems to be a dry formula, so it doesn't weigh my lashes down and I didn't even buy the waterproof version like I normally do. This is my first mascara that I have ever bought as a non-waterproof formula and actually liked it!

The mascara definitely does separate and volumize my lashes without clumping them as it says. The packaging is super adorable, I love the color combo, it definitely stands out like most maybelline mascara packaging.

I actually like the smell of the mascara, it has a rose-like scent to it. It kind of reminds me of the lancome mascaras' scent. I don't mind it so much.

I wouldn't use this mascara alone for a dramatic look but combining with different types of mascara, it sure is a winner in my books!

If you're looking for a mascara to add to your lash routine, you may enjoy this mascara to help separate the lashes but if you want an every day-natural look, then this mascara works just as well alone!