Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is my new favourite drugstore foundation. It's pretty amazing. There's one for dry skin which is probably very hydrating but my T-Zone gets oily after a few hours so I figured this was for me. It lasts forever and the coverage is pretty good, I was impressed and I have a thousand spot scars on my face. I only need a bit of concealer on certain areas. I'm MAC NC40 and was matched to Golden Beige in this and the colour fit is also good. I also own NARS Sheer Glow foundation but I don't like wasting it on everyday use and this does the same job for a cheaper price.

on 1/2/2015 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HG FOUNDTION. I find myself going back to it every single time. Doesn't break me out at all. After my mac fluid fix gave me trouble I quickly returned to this. Some complain it's cakey. Which is true if you don't apply it correctly( as any other foundation would be), Make sure you have lotion on underneath or a primer. Second, apply with a stippling brush, I find it to give more of a sheer coverage. The color range is also amazing. Highly recommend from me!

on 12/31/2014 10:35:00 PM

I would only recommend using this as a foundation if you were going out or for some sort of special occasion. It's too heavy on the skin for daily wear. But for a night out, this foundation always does wonders. I normally have to set my foundations but not w/ this one. Not dewy, but not too matte either. Finding my color was really hard so I always tend to mix it w/ other foundations that tend to have more yellow undertones. Overall it's not that bad, but a pump would help!

on 12/26/2014 8:17:00 PM

this foundation looked really cakey on my skin, especially around my t zone. i only used one layer. i used the lightest shade and it matched my skin perfectly, but it also completely washed me out and made me look like a ghost. i accidentally got the dry skin formula instead of oily, and surprisingly it got cakey even though i added moisturizer to make it more thin. i used a brush and sponges and still didnt like it

on 12/7/2014 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I find it very tough to find foundation light enough for my milk-bottle complexion so I was delighted to be introduced to Revlon Colour-stay. It's lightest shade is too light for the summer, even for me! For a drugstore product, I found it to be slightly pricey, at €18, but worth almost every penny. It's only significant flaw is the packaging- this is 2014, please do no tell us that the addition of a simple pump or presses is too difficult a task. The packaging also means that a lot of product gets wasted at the end! But I'm very willing to live with this, given that it gives my awkward teenage skin a flawless finish. A little goes a long way with this foundation, I use a stippling brush to blend it into the skin and from that point on it really does not budge. I use a powder over it to protect myself from an "oil spill", but I would see no need in using it to seal the foundation, it really will stay put. It never oxidises, doesn't highlight my pores (unlike MAC studio fix fluid!), and gives a doll-faced, matte finish. If you don't like that almost canvas-like matte finish, the colourstay does blend really well with shimmery highlighters and illuminators, so the matte finish is only an option. My makeup breakthrough of the year.

on 12/2/2014 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I heard so many positive reviews on this foundation so I decided to try it. I wanted to love this foundation too but I just can't. I have acne prone, oily skin so I decided to buy the combo/oily skin one. The actual foundation glides on so smooth and beautifully and leaves you with such a pretty satin like finish. And that's probably why everyone raves about it. But it just didn't work well with my skin type. It didn't help with oil control at all, I had to touch up about every 2 hours. And I even used primer, set it with powder, and a setting spray but my oil just kept peeking through. And I don't even have VERY oily skin either. It also started to break me out which was the deal breaker and I haven't used it since. I do recommend this for people with normal skin though, maybe even dry.

on 11/28/2014 6:38:00 AM

The only foundation I use...love it! 😊

on 11/23/2014 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG. The only thing that sucks is the color selection. I'm pretty pale, but the lightest shade is a tad too orange. But it doesn't aggravate my acne prone/sensitive/oily skin and lasts all day... Can beat full coverage and all day wear (with powder of course)!!

on 11/22/2014 11:56:00 AM

My favorite foundation. I have combination skin. My skin is acne-prone, blotchy looking, and some dark spots. This is the best coverage foundation I have found in the drugstore. The color range is also amazing, I have very light skin so most products I have to use the lightest shade (and even that is sometimes to dark) with color stay, I can use Buff (the second lightest) and it is a perfect match! Not too yellow not too pink! It's perfect neutralizer for my red blotchy skin. The staying power is also amazing! Hardly any need for retouch, only if going out later in evening I will need a little touch up, but this stuff never gets oily on me. Another thing, it is one of the only foundations that doesn't irritate my acne-prone skin! Highly recommend this product.

on 11/21/2014 9:05:00 PM

Love this foundation! Good coverage. Doesn't cause skin to become oily throughout the day. Best drug store foundation I have found so far.