Cover Girl Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation ] [DISCONTINUED]

Cover Girl Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation  ] [DISCONTINUED]
image 1image 2image 3

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (2.6%), Octinoxate (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Cucumis Sativus Fruit (Cucumber), Glycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Diethylhexyl Carbonate, Talc, Propylene Glycol, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Wax (Jojoba), Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Juice, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Dimethicone, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Fragrance, Trideceth 9, Bisabolol, Lactic Acid, PEG 10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG 10, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides
Cover Girl's website suggests TRUBLEND LIQUID MAKEUP as a replacement to this product

on 2/4/2013 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have combo/oily skin, yellow undertones and acne scars. This foundation has light coverage but evens out my skintone. It doesn't cover my scars but makes them appear less noticeable. That is pretty much all that is good about this product. The foundation is lightweight but I think you can still feel it on your skin. When I first apply it, it burns my skin like I can actually feel my skin tingle like it's burning. Weird. It blends in quite well. The color selection is horrible. The foundation doesn't make me super oily only a bit shiny but it fades. At the end of the day, I don't have anymore foundation around my mouth, my nose and my eye area. It looks awful. The packaging is okay. The foundation has a slight flowery scent to it, nothing too crazy. I don't recommend this foundation at all.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For reference: light-medium asian, dry skin, clogged pores but no pimples or acne really

If foundations tend to look or feel cakey on you, you would love this. I seriously could never tell I was wearing it by the feel. However, I stopped using this (and other foundations altogether) because it was clogging my pores and little bumps on my skin were appearing. Also it definitely wore off some by the end of a school day. Not particularly dewey or matte but it added a nice glow to the skin.

on 2/4/2013 12:06:00 AM

I absolutely loved this product-it was amazing coverage, silky and weightless feeling on my skin, and there was a sweet smell to it. But it made me break out so, so badly. This is the second foundation i've ever used, the first being Maybelline's airfoam, and this gave me awful zits all over my forehead, nose, chin, and around my lips. I'm still trying to get rid of my acne from this. Will not be repurchasing:(

on 1/29/2013 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Doesn't stay long.

This is overall a really high quality product. I was first tempted to buy it when i saw Taylor Swift was the campaign girl, and of course she is famous for her flawless, glowing skin. Since I am a pale senorita as well, I thought I would try it out. Usually I'm not a big fan of Covergirl, but this foundation smelled nice, matched my skin tone, and looked natural. I would say the coverage is light to medium and it's almost like a tinted moisturizer. It's meant to be a "light" foundation and I think it does it's job. There is not very much that comes in the small tube though, so you may find yourself running out fast and having to repurchase. Overall, if you're looking for a natural foundation that's not too thick or cakey this is a great choice. One of my favorite drug store foundations.

on 1/26/2013 7:51:00 PM

my sister told me about this foundation. i have severely acne prone skin & im 23 years old. i was using colorstay by revlon but switched to this after my sister told me about it. i used it for the first time tonight and im seriously in love. it covers sooooo well, i dont look cakey at all. as for it making me break out...time will tell & ill update.

on 1/15/2013 7:35:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I was quite queazy about buying this product since every time I'd search for the reviews half would say they love it, half don't. But since it was on sale at Priceline I thought i'd give it a go. It costed $10 AUD (originally $18.95) which is quite inexpensive compared to other foundations.
I would not classify this product as a foundation but more of a tinted moisturiser, since it literally feels like your wearing no makeup. But that doesn't bother me much.
I literally am inlove with this foundation. I have it in 325 Sandstone. It's quite hard to find it in your skin colour but find the closest tone to yours and purchase that one since its amazing at blending. This foundation defiantly gives light/medium coverage, it's perfect as for people who have very little acnes and just need their skin evenly toned.
I would purchase it again if it's on sale. :)

EDIT: I found out this product broke me out. I generally hardly ever get blemishes on my face but this made my WHOLE forehead break out. I will NOT purchase this again.

Love this! I finally found a foundation that doesn't break me out and doesn't make my skin oily throughout the day. Stays on really well too. I will definitely buy this again.

on 1/12/2013 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This is one of the few Cover Girl products I have repurchased. I have this in Brazil Nut and it fits my complexion very well! I used to buy CG's Aqua Smoothers tinted moisturizer in the darkest shade, but they don't make it anymore. I had to find something similar, and so far this product has been good. I use a sponge to apply it, and I don't use much at all. I wouldn't recommend this for hiding any major imperfections as it's very lightweight, but it's enough for me. I also wouldn't recommend for oily skin/long wear. This only lasts a couple of hours before my face is shiny. I use my Bare Minerals Mineral Veil and/or face blotting tissues to get rid of the shine throughout the day. It definitely doesn't look as good by the end of the day, but I'm willing to deal with it until I find something else.

PROS: Price isn't too bad. 320 was a good color match for my N (lean to NC) 20 skin. Light coverage.

CONS: Pretty aging for my wrinkles (too dry for my older skin.) Didn't like the strong perfumey smell (made my sensitive skin itch.)

APPLICATION TIPS: If worried about pores, pat a primer like L'Oreal's Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting base into the pores. But let it "set" for at least a minute before applying the foundation.

REMOVAL TIPS: If you are prone to clogged pores, you will probably want to remove this with a cleansing oil before your regular cleanser (I like to use jojoba oil before Olay sensitive skin wash.)

ALTERNATES: My skin does better with L'oreal Visible Lift foundation. If you want a similar texture to this but are willing to pay more, you can try Armani Face Fabric.