July 28, 2014 | 2028 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

This is overall a really high quality product. I was first tempted to buy it when i saw Taylor Swift was the campaign girl, and of course she is famous for her flawless, glowing skin. Since I am a pale senorita as well, I thought I would try it out. Usually I'm not a big fan of Covergirl, but this foundation smelled nice, matched my skin tone, and looked natural. I would say the coverage is light to medium and it's almost like a tinted moisturizer. It's meant to be a "light" foundation and I think it does it's job. There is not very much that comes in the small tube though, so you may find yourself running out fast and having to repurchase. Overall, if you're looking for a natural foundation that's not too thick or cakey this is a great choice. One of my favorite drug store foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by carpsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

my sister told me about this foundation. i have severely acne prone skin & im 23 years old. i was using colorstay by revlon but switched to this after my sister told me about it. i used it for the first time tonight and im seriously in love. it covers sooooo well, i dont look cakey at all. as for it making me break out...time will tell & ill update.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by HeyIAmSteph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I was quite queazy about buying this product since every time I'd search for the reviews half would say they love it, half don't. But since it was on sale at Priceline I thought i'd give it a go. It costed $10 AUD (originally $18.95) which is quite inexpensive compared to other foundations.
    I would not classify this product as a foundation but more of a tinted moisturiser, since it literally feels like your wearing no makeup. But that doesn't bother me much.
    I literally am inlove with this foundation. I have it in 325 Sandstone. It's quite hard to find it in your skin colour but find the closest tone to yours and purchase that one since its amazing at blending. This foundation defiantly gives light/medium coverage, it's perfect as for people who have very little acnes and just need their skin evenly toned.
    I would purchase it again if it's on sale. :)

EDIT: I found out this product broke me out. I generally hardly ever get blemishes on my face but this made my WHOLE forehead break out. I will NOT purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by XalisaheartsmakeupX

Love this! I finally found a foundation that doesn't break me out and doesn't make my skin oily throughout the day. Stays on really well too. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by koda13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the few Cover Girl products I have repurchased. I have this in Brazil Nut and it fits my complexion very well! I used to buy CG's Aqua Smoothers tinted moisturizer in the darkest shade, but they don't make it anymore. I had to find something similar, and so far this product has been good. I use a sponge to apply it, and I don't use much at all. I wouldn't recommend this for hiding any major imperfections as it's very lightweight, but it's enough for me. I also wouldn't recommend for oily skin/long wear. This only lasts a couple of hours before my face is shiny. I use my Bare Minerals Mineral Veil and/or face blotting tissues to get rid of the shine throughout the day. It definitely doesn't look as good by the end of the day, but I'm willing to deal with it until I find something else.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Price isn't too bad. 320 was a good color match for my N (lean to NC) 20 skin. Light coverage.

CONS: Pretty aging for my wrinkles (too dry for my older skin.) Didn't like the strong perfumey smell (made my sensitive skin itch.)

APPLICATION TIPS: If worried about pores, pat a primer like L'Oreal's Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting base into the pores. But let it "set" for at least a minute before applying the foundation.

REMOVAL TIPS: If you are prone to clogged pores, you will probably want to remove this with a cleansing oil before your regular cleanser (I like to use jojoba oil before Olay sensitive skin wash.)

ALTERNATES: My skin does better with L'oreal Visible Lift foundation. If you want a similar texture to this but are willing to pay more, you can try Armani Face Fabric.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Gabylovex3

I really liked this stuff. Good coverage and never broke me out. Recommend it to people with sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 1:57:00 AM More reviews by jymmasters1

I like the way this foundation looks when I first put it on in the morning, but after wearing it for several hours the makeup fades off and it doesn't look as good anymore. Also, if you have acne-prone skin this product won't cover up redness/pimples/scars very well. It does when you first put it on, but as I said before it will wear off.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by daniellefmu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product left a rash on my face. It smelled terrible and its exactly what you pay for. I guess this is an okay foundation for Middle Schooler experimenting with make up for the first time. I just don't think it does anything quite magnificent. Acne and Bumps were are still visible on the face. (My acne isn't bad, but it didn't do its justice I needed.) It only stays on for a few hours and in the light you can see right through the foundation. Probably the worst one I've used in awhile next to Wet n' Wild foundation. I don't recommend this for anyone trying to cover up scars or acne. It really doesn't do the job well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by browngabi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation, it goes on more of a tinted moisturizer which is perfect if you have good skin for the most part. It covers any imperfections on my face and leaves it with a nice healthy glow. I bought this on sale at Walgreens and would most likely repurchase again for days that I'm feeling lazy and don't want a full face of makeup.