E.L.F. Flawless Finish Foundation

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octyl Salicylate 2%, Titanium Dioxide 5.5% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Boron Nitride, Barium Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Thought I'd save myself some money and picked this one up for less than half the price of regular drugstore foundations. E.L.F. products are pretty hit or miss, some you cannot believe the deals on and some, well, you just can't believe....this one was marked PORCELAIN, and the the color in the bottle looked similar to Revlon and Cover Girl shades that I normally use. Once home, to my surprise, it was incredibly ( I mean a LOT) darker than "porcelain" and that distinct orangey color that some companies just don't seem interested in getting rid of. Not sure on the wear as I had to scrub it off immediately due to the dramatic color difference between it and my skin. Taking it back to Target and hoping they will accept an opened make up return. Don't go near this stuff without a tester.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I ran out of foundation one day and was low on cash so I decided to give this foundation a try after looking at some reviews online and seeing that this was pretty well received. I bought it in the shade "Porcelain". First, this shade needs to be called something else. I am quite fair-skinned and this foundation was WAY too dark for me. I ended up having to mix it with my white foundation to wear it. I also don't like the smell that this foundation has (it's perfume-y and chemical). But. This foundation wears well and lasts several hours on my skin. I live in the south where it stays over 100 F in the summer and 95% and up humidity. I can make it through my work day (with 1 powder touch up) and my face still look ok. This can hold up. I can't wear a primer with this though but it might just be my skin. Water-based primer or silicone based my skin will look really shiny/greasy if I use any primer with this. Without, it looks more natural and like my skin. I apply this several ways too. Sometimes I just use my fingers and pat/smooth it over my skin. If I want full coverage, it is easily achieved with a brush. If I want this foundation to look like my skin but better, I use my beauty blender. Any way I've applied it, this foundation has looked good on my skin as long as I've mixed in my white Dreamtone with it first to match it to me. I am not on my second bottle of this. If you can get over the smell, it is a really good budget-friendly choice.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I rarely use foundation but decided to give this a go after all the great reviews. I bought this color in sand. It matches my skin tone perfectly. It goes on very smooth and had an amazing smell. I love the pump bottle. It doesn't dry out my skin and has awesome coverage. For the price of 8.00 CA this is great. Most drugstore foundations are 10.00-15.00. I will buy this again

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was pleasantly surprised by e.l.f. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation—not that I don't trust e.l.f. as a brand, but their products are typically hit-&-miss with me. I was really expecting this to be a "blah" drugstore foundation. It costs $6 at Kmart & Target, so it's about the same cost as almost all other foundations in those stores. I bought the shade Almond #83115, which is the second to last darkest shade. There are so many things I like about this foundation; it's oil free & it has high SPF (15), & it sets somewhat matte. As a woman with oily skin, foundations being oil-free & with any type of a matte finish is always a plus. Flawless Finish isn't heavy & it doesn't cake on my face. I apply it with a foundation sponge & set it with Studio High Definition Powder. I used it so frequently I actually finished the bottle, something I hardly ever do with foundations. My only complaints are that I wish e.l.f. provided a 1 oz bottle like the majority of foundations & that the pump be a little better made. A lot of makeup wound up all over the pump & inside the lid. Highly recommend.

on 6/27/2014 4:37:00 PM

Pretty darn good.

on 6/17/2014 4:20:00 PM

Love it but it started kinda leaking around cap and now I keep in home instead of portable.

on 5/6/2014 1:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Its ok. Its thick and covers well. Cost and packaging are ok. It would be GREAT if it didnt make me more oily than normal and transfer alot if its touched. Thats the drawback to it.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this product, I have normal skin, and a few flaws such as sun spots and I find that it covers very well, has a nice finish and lasts for quite a while. I used to use Rimmel foundation as well as cover girl, and Revlon, and I find elf foundation does just as good a job if not better for less than half the price. You can't go wrong. Plus elf products have less chemicals.

on 4/3/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Price: at 3 bucks, not a bad product for on the go.

Package: Glass bottle with pump, feels like quality. However I hate that the cap kept coming off in my toiletry bag.

Product: well, like I said, not bad for make up on the go. Definitely not a HG product thats for sure. E.L.F has a lot of work to do before they perfect a product as finnicky as foundation. Won't repurchase.

on 4/3/2014 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

So, I first bought this in almond and found the shade too dark for my nc40 ish skin tone. But then I found a much lighter foundation just collecting dust in my drawer so I started mixing the 2 and using up the lighter foundation. I also now have a darker foundation to use when I do go away on holidays. So then I ordered the next lighter caramel foundation. As usual I use my beauty sponge to blend the foundation. I always apply it over my spf moisturizer and then hard candy or elf primer. Let me tell you this thing glides FLAWLESSLY and gives beautiful coverage. I personally go for light coverage on a daily basis and this is just right for that. I do suspect it's a hairline, tad bit darker, but it's so minimal it's totally workable. I am just wearing a little blush here. I do have some acne that I haven't bothered to cover. This is only to show you the color/skin tone caramel will work on; and the kind of coverage it gives. I have it on with an ever so light layer, but I can tell this is totally buildable and will give more coverage. This foundation is so amazing as in I feel like it glides like butter (exxagerating I know, but I do like it). The staying power as tested I'll say is atleast 10 hours. Although I had it on for about 15 hours, and towards the last 3 hours, I felt it kind of oxidized; but again for a $3 foundation 10 hours is remarkable. Plus I extremely rarely have my make up on for that long. So if you are on the fence, the only side of the fence you should be on is if the color works.