October 1, 2014 | 1967 users online

Liquid - Max Factor - Xperience Weightless Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2011 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Olfi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to compare it to my other Max Factor foundation - Lasting Performance as I bought this one hoping to replace the former.

The positive: the colour is a better fit for me than the Lasting Performance, it also feels lighter and overall I believe it looks more natural.

The negative: the coverage isn't as good. On "good days" when my face is clear the coverage is great but for those days when my face is more red or I have more pimples it doesn't cover as well as I would like it to. It also doesn't last as long as Lasting Performance and I've started using it with primer (which seems to help somewhat).

Overall: I'm not sure whether I will buy it again... I currently have two Xperience Weightless Foundations as I bought two for the the price of one.. so I guess I'll see after I finish them both.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by jujudithjujudith

At first I loved it! The coverage is perfect, it covers my redness but I can still see my freckles. But If you have sensitive skin this is NOT the foundation for you, I don't know what is it I think maybe is the scent but It broke me out :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Beautster

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've just *got* to review this foundation: it's so awesome, I can hardly believe it!

I was afraid that it would look thick and unnatural, the Max Factor publicity notwithstanding (cynical me!). Well, I needn't have worried. It glides on, and smoothly covers the mild rosacea on one cheek and the spots which still tend to break out on & round my chin area. But it doesn't look thick, it really does look like my face but better. I don't know how they do it, but that's the result. I can see my freckles through the foundation, yay! DH, who prefers me with no makeup (he thinks), reckons that I just look naturally healthy when I'm wearing this. My secret! The colour choice isn't huge (as with all Max Factor foundations), but I'm NC15 and find the 40 Light Ivory a perfect match so no problem there.

It's been hot and very humid recently, and I've worn this Xperience set with a few brush-swipes of MAC Prep+Prime transparent finishing powder. And, amazingly, my face has stayed looking cool and well-groomed - but natural - throughout the day. I've touched up once with MAC Blot powder, and that's all. My nose, which normally gets shiny in an hour or less, requiring frequent blots from BB blotting papers, remained natural-looking and shine-free. Miracle!

Another delight about Xperience is that it doesn't break me out. Trust me, that's rare for a foundation. If anything, it seems to help my complexion, and my chin/cheek spots have started to clear up since I've been wearing it. What a relief!

And... icing on the cake: it comes in a flat, easily-portable, hygienic plastic tube that I can just chuck into my makeup purse along with the MAC Blot powder, and I'm good to go.

So... hearty recommendation. And don't be put off by the 'full coverage' tag. Yes, it covers nasties that I don't want on display, but it definitely *doesn't* look mask-like or heavily 'made-up'.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by cessica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was marketed in the UK as something of a high street holy grail foundation. It promised, full, professional coverage without being heavy and cakey on the skin. And I, personally, didn't get any of that.

From its cheap looking packaging, to the nauesating smell not unlike that of a teenage boys hairgel, its just not a good product. The consistency is extremely thick, almost gel like and whilst this does mean you don't have to use much, its such a pain to blend.
I found it to be extremely oily on my skin and it didn't take long at all to become cakey. And more importantly, I would NOT call this a full coverage foundation. It would take at least 3 coats to make it full coverage.

So my advice is, if you're looking for a full coverage, non-greasy, pleasantly scented foundation...don't try Max Factor's Xperience!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Raw Silk - I'm N4 in MAC, cool-toned. This is basically more like a tinted moisteriser than a normal foundation- you can spread it with your fingers in a minute flat, and it looks flawless. It's probably the easiest foundation I've ever bought in that regard. It's idiot-proof.

I have good skin, so just a bit of concealer over my dark circles and I'm done - but it's a light coverage foundation. It really does feel as weightless as it claims, and I'm loving it more and more.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by emileemakeup

I LOVE this foundation. Its oil free and has spf10 in it. Its great for people with sensitive skin. It didnt break me out at all. It really does have a weightless feel and it stays on your face for the entire day. Definetly my favourite foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by LAMBaholic

I bought this in Beige Linen 50 which matches my skin colour perfectly. It has a dry gel texture, and leaves the skin with minimal shine which can be hidden with a very small amount of powder. I generally look for medium to full coverage, and this really didn't give me the coverage I need. It's definitely a light coverage foundation and it is not very buildable. Definitely gives a no makeup look and there's no cakey look to it. It just didn't cover my blemished areas enough. If you're looking for light coverage, it would be a really great foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 8:29:00 AM More reviews by missburlington

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a good day foundation. It provides light coverage, so it's not going to be helpful if you've got lots to hide. It's not what I would call it serious make-up - it's not the sort of thing you would wear if you want to spend lots of time on your makeup or look really polished. But it's good if you have ten minutes to put your makeup on in the morning and want to look fresh-faced. I like it because it evens out my skin without looking obvious or cakey. It's very creamy and I find the best way to apply it is with my fingers. It lasts for a few hours after being set with loose powder. It doesn't have the best longevity and does nothing to control oil or shine, so I use it with a primer. It's not a miracle-worker, but it's still a very good option if you want a quick and easy foundation.
I have two problems with this product. Firstly, the price - it's really expensive for only a small amount of product. Best to wait until it's on sale. Secondly, it only comes in a small range of shades. I'm an NC 15-20 and I bought this in 40 Light Ivory. This product is only available in the UK, though it is repackaged as Cover Girl Nature Luxe Foundation in North America, and comes in a much wider range of colours.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by RachelCerys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 45 Raw Silk. In store the colour looked ok but at home I noticed it's far to pink-toned for my yellow-toned skin but it doesn't look too obvious in daylight.
It comes out as a stiff almost-creme, it's easy to blend but easy to go over the top and make it look 'cakey' although if you do it right then it looks fine. It looks very shiny on my skin (although I do have dry skin) so I use a setting-powder after I've applied it and that mostly fixes this problem.
The smell is ok and with a powder, it lasts all day at school. The packaging is as good as it needs to be but nothing interesting.
I may or may not buy again (I'd definitely try a different shade) although really there's nothing special about it but overall it's not awful.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2011 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Lelloism

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Raw silk 45. Fine product. I use it on days I want a natural 'no make up' look. I use a tiny bit as it spreads well and using more will give a cakey effect. It covers little blemishes and stains (but nothing more) and is barely noticeable when spread well with little usage. It doesn't last all day however, when putting on in the morning, I need to re-apply a bit on my cheeks and nose around 15.00-16.00 o'clock when having long days.

On days I have dry skin however, I don't use this product because it becomes 'sand-like' on the dry parts. Same story for pimples.

The packaging looks nice but don't find it very practical as it is easy to overdose when squeezing the tube. It smells fresh, cucumber-like.

Very good for natural days, with just a bit of blush, however rather expensive for a foundation (NL, 17euros) that isn't suitable for every day usage and doesn't last that long.

Would buy again untill I find a better foundation for natural days.