Fresh Brown Sugar Body Polish

3.4

Sucrose, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Simmondsia Chinenesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Citrus Medica Vulgaris Peel Oil, Litsea Cubeba Fruit Oil, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Limonene, Citral, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

My search for the perfect body scrub began as a result of a spray tan mishap. I was determined to find a product that would have large granules and really scrub the surface of my skin. My first stop was Saks. I sampled the scrub on the back of my hand, and instantly I was in love!

This body polish contains large brown sugar crystals as well as several different soothing oils such as, primrose, sweet almond, apricot kernal, jojoba and extracts of arnica, calendula, ginseng, peppermint and passionflower and white lilly. The smell and feel of this product is truly unlike any scrub I've ever used.

My first experience began in the hot shower. I used a handful to exfoliate one leg, than went on to the next leg. As I rubbed this into my skin, my hands even got softer! However, much of it absorbed into my skin, but there is a little bit of cleanup. I would not call this a messy scrub though. My skin was so smooth to the touch, my skin tone was overall more even, and it left me with a very light moisturized silky feeling. The oils rinse off, and are not greasy or sticky at all once you get out of the shower. Indeed, I didn't even feel the need for a body moisturizer. As a matter of fact, I even used this after shaving. Yes, call me crazy, but I wasn't really thinking about it. Guess what? It did not irritate my skin at all.

I am so thrilled that I found a fantastic proubuct like this one, that will smooth my skin, moisturize and even me out, all while remaining non-irritating to my sensitive skin.

I understand that the price of this is quite a small fortune, but in my opinion, money is no object when it comes to using the best product for my skin.

on 3/12/2008 3:37:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

I'm torn.
Smells wonderful, leaves skin moisturized, clears up backne (i suspect the antisceptic of the lemon with the moisture and the exfoliation) and is packaged as well as one can expect. BUT-too expensive, I cant justify it. I can get results as good form much cheaper products. I'll pass on this one

on 1/16/2008 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I purchased a sample packet of this body scrub at Sephora for $14, which is a lot of money for a one-time use sample. I didn't want to pay $62.50 for a product I may not like, so the sample packet seemed like a good idea. I did like this sugar scrub but it definitely is NOT worth 60-plus dollars! It exfoliates well and left my skin feeling soft and smooth. However, I have used other sugar scrubs that work just as well for a lot less money. Other than the outrageous price tag, the other down-side to this product was the scent. I didn't like the lemony fragrance this product has. I prefer my sugar scrubs to smell sweet and sugary. I would recommend this product for people who can afford to spend the money. Otherwise, I would recommend Cake Beauty's sugar scrub which is wonderful.

on 12/2/2007 1:15:00 AM

love this scrub! it's very expensive, so i only bought it once

on 11/23/2007 12:54:00 AM

Terrific scent, but i CANNOT stand having to clean out my bath tub every single time i use this!!!!!! it's sosososoo oily and leaves the nastiest film.

on 11/21/2007 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wasn't impressed with this body scrub- especially after all of the hype. It seemed to be a lot more oil than granules and I like scrubs that really SCRUB. The oils and sugar make you soft but the goal is to get rid of the dead skin... with this scrub I almost felt as though I was ADDING to the dead skin.

The smell is wonderful and it certainly feels luxurious but other than that I wouldn't recommend it for people that want to feel smooth from exfoliation.

on 11/7/2007 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the only body scrub I have tried that actually does anything. My skin is soft, smooth, glowing, and moisturized after using this. Not to mention the smell is to die for. I hate the price but the skin is worth it. Cleared up my backne completely

on 10/24/2007 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

My HG scrub because it doesn't 'cause my skin to breakout. I have oily acne prone skin and this scrub actually helps. I love Fresh products, they rock.

on 9/21/2007 6:49:00 PM

I adore this product. The smell is divine, and the scrub very effective. Everytime I use this, my husband exclaims, "Oh my god--you smell AMAZING!" And it leaves my skin so soft and glowy. I especially like to use it in the bath, because it basically becomes an oil bath once the sugar dissolves. To make things even more expensive, I often use it in combination with the Fresh sugar face scrub for the ultimate at-home spa night. Crazy--I know--but a lot cheaper than a $150 body scrub and facial appointment at a Chicago spa!

on 9/9/2007 5:14:00 PM

Alright - this stuff is very expensive, BUT - a little goes a long way, it does work wonders and it simply smells divine. My skin is so soft and radiant and wonderfully scented after I use it. I have found it truly has improved my skin's texture and tone. I am smoother and less blotchy on my legs and arms. I use it 2 or 3 times a week. And I can get away without a body moisturizer now (it's summer) -- curious to see if I can in cold weather. Smells like brown sugar and sweet fruits and tangy citrus. Heaven.