April 17, 2014 | 1912 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Superlustrous Lipstick - Demure (LE)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by kad9k

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

This lipstick doesn't strike me as sheer, but the color is very natural and MLBB, so it's definitely a subtle look. I like it for when I want something with a little more color than a nude lip, but it is very versatile. I am starting to think Revlon makes the best lipsticks in the industry great formula, classic shades that aren't too boring but that many women can wear.

I got this in the vintage packaging, which I love, and it's currently 75% off at my CVS.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Purple822

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Didn't like this one.
It was too sheer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Supermewbs

I bought this on sale and promptly went back to get another one, the colour is a lovely soft pink and is quite flattering on my skin tone. It's not too light and it's not too deep, just perfect! Love the feel of it as well, not drying at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Anna12345

I'm a big fan of Revlon lipsticks because of excellent quality, price, and colour selection.

This lipstick has not caused me dry lips or irritation, and I'm happy with its texture, etc.

In terms of colour, I can't make up my mind whether this shade (Demure) is versatile (as in easy to wear) or really boring.

The colour leans toward coral than pink, even though the stick appears to be quite a balanced pink and coral tone. It is not a nude colour, so if that's what you want, this isn't it.

This shade doesn't excite me: it isn't unflattering on me but at the same time I don't feel that it enhances my appearance.

I like subtle colours but this just flies under the radar for me..no drama, no excitement, no presence..if you know what I mean.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

looked so nice in the tube, like something i can just swipe on and wear everyday. doesnt show up at all on my pigmented lips. kind of washes me out actually (asian/tan). will not repurchase. very smooth application though & ds price is always great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

Another fabulous Revlon lipstick to add to my growing collection. Seriously, the majority of my lipsticks are from Revlon. 'Demure' is of the creme formula. I personally don't find it as shimmery as everyone claims, but it is slightly pearly. Excellent quality - very creamy - moisturizing - applies smoothly and evenly on the lips. This colour is a sheer peachy nude colour. Looks good on it's own or with gloss over top of it. Glad I was introduced to this lipstick because it's definitely a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 7:53:00 AM More reviews by cookiedough8

I have just started using my tube of Demure - and am seriously considering getting a backup!
It appears to have microshimmers in the tube but these are virtually undetectable on lips - just a healthy looking gleam. It's a perfect MLBB shade, though it leans slightly more towards peach than pink. It feels great on the lips, too - no gloss necessary. The only gripe I have would be that it tends to wear off a little easily, but that is to be expected with sheer lipsticks. In all, LOVE! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by jean9weg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

As a fair, freckled, strawberry blonde, beige nudes are difficult for me to wear. This is nude like, but with a light pinky peach base that is just perfect for me. Like another reviewer, I also have MAC Shy girl and prefer Demure. If this is limited edition, I must go out quick and buy back-ups!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by ekb81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After watching michele1218's favorites on youtube, I rushed to go pick up this lipstick. Let me just say that I am in love with it! I'm asian-american and obsessed with nude lipsticks. Anytime I put another color on my lips I find that it looks too bright in comparison to my nudes. Demure was the perfect, moisturizing peach/pink/coral.. its sheer but buildable. It has helped me branch away from the nudes and towards brighter colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful. It's like MAC Shy Girl's sheerer sister. It's formula is quite moisturizing. I'm a little scared to say it but I may like it more than Shy girl and Shy Girl happens to be one of my favorites...it's just more....Demure...the name for the lipstick is apt for it. (Reference: MAC NC42)