E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

3.7

Water (Aqua), AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Tocophryl Acetate (Ve) Retinyl Acytate (Va), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 9/25/2014 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

$3 is still $3... I was shocked that this setting spray did an okaaay job for the price. I'm rather oily and I do see a difference when I use this, honestly anyone would - the consistency is sticky as it should be for normal 'dewy' , slightly natural finishes.

For all you heavy foundation users, this spray is far from 'matte' ...
It will help neutralize a powdery finish; however DO NOT SPRAY DIRECTLY TO FACE. As recommended, spray a few sprits and push your face into the mist.

Do allow a good 5 minutes for this to settle. Not effective for touch ups during the day.
** I am dark, medium with yellow undertones - a co worker of mine uses this and is combo/dry, porcelain with neautral undertones, we get the same effect of this spray.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

DO NOT spray this directly at your face. I don't know why someone would. Spray it in the air and walk into it with your face.

When I got this in the mail, it had leaked a little bit and the bottle was all sticky. Despite that (eww why would I want to put something sticky on my FACE?), when I actually used this for the first time, it did not make my skin feel sticky at all. It felt refreshing and did take away some of that powdery finish.

However, I don't feel like it improves the longevity of my makeup at all. Honestly, I don't even really notice a difference in my makeup between the days I choose to use it and the days I don't.

Overall, I like it, but it's certainly not a rave product. It's okay, it's cheap, and it doesn't irritate skin at all.

on 8/24/2014 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

As someone who suffers for chronic dry sensitive skin, this is a life saver. The winter months are so hard on my face it's unbelievable, couple that with my eczema and dermatitis, it's almost as if my whole face is chapped. Doesn't that sound lovely !? Nothing can completely take it all away, but the summer months my skin is fine and yr round it looks fine with no makeup. But..... I love to wear makeup! Makeup + dry skin = bad results.
I bought this product solely to calm my skin and take away any powdery finish I may have to achieve a more natural look. Elfs mist and set is my best friend in the whole wide world,I love it thiiiiiiissss muuuuuuch.
It's cooling to the skin, soothes any discomfort such as tightness dryness stickiness and melds all makeup together to form a natural cohesive look. B.i.n.g.o and bingo was his name oh.
Not matte, not dewy, juuust right.
I have no problems with the packaging or the mist itself, it not a super fine mist, but as long as you hold it far enough away you will be just fine,I promise.
I find it actually does extend wear time a tad and the makeup isn't doing any disappearing acts.
$3 is a steal I will repurchase until....always. Perfect for hot summer time heat as well !

I use it during indoor so it worked. My makeup(concealer,blush...) did not wear off like it use to do. Makes them last 3-4more hour. I don't smell anything... Only complain is that it spray too much(not unevenly tho)

on 8/13/2014 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product is meant to set your face makeup so it lasts all day long. Would i say it does that specific job? Ehh....I would have to say no.

HOWEVER, this is amazing for just spritzing your eyeshadow brushes so you can use the shadows wet. I like using it this way because the bottle is just perfect, it sprays just the right amount and I have never had it mess up on me.

When used all over the face, I don't find this effective. Fix+ takes away cakiness, this does not. Ben Nye final seal makes your makeup stay on all day long, this does not. Compared to other brands, this is very sub par when it comes to using all over the face. This is disappointing, because that is really what this product is meant to do.

I would not repurchase, simply because I will continue to put water in the bottle to spritz my brushes with. I am glad I purchased though, as the bottle really is good for what I use it for.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

There really isn't an awful lot I can add. This little bottle of ELF-y goodness does exactly what it says on the instructions.

I spray once during the day and maybe once more during the evening.

And it doesn't leave you sticky - that's so important.

So ultimately yes, I'll buy again and yes, I'll recommend it till the cows come home.

on 8/1/2014 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm glad that this product didn't send me to hospital but.....I can say that it's a decent spray for three dollars. A lot of people are complaining but what do you expect out of a three dollars spray. And even if it was more expensive I honestly think that it's a good setting spray. The packaging of the product come a small nice plastic black spray bottle with a cap. It states on the bottle that some of the ingredients are cucumbers and aloe I think...( I'm not in front of the bottle). I was wearing Mac studio fix fluid foundation today with a fergies wet n wild collection translucent powder. It was 97 degrees ( and humid) here in Texas. So I decided to try out for the first time the elf set n mist. I sprayed the spray three times to the side instead of spraying directly on my face. Once I was sure that the spray bottle worked I decided to lightly spray my face holding the bottle several inches from my face. I sprayed about four times. My face was not soaked. I noticed that the product actually dried really fast leaving no streaks. Mac studio fix fluid melts off the face with in 5 hours in humid heat. This time my foundation lasted 8 hours in the heat. I had a lot of errands to do today running around with five kids grocery shopping and everything. Sweating and everything ( gross... : ( ) uh...you get the point. Anyway, I still looked good if even better. Even a lady complimented me on my makeup today. I was only wearing foundation mascara the powder and lipstick. She Said my face was smooth and glowing. Now , I've worn this foundation plenty of times and it never looked as good as it did today. It was this spray. It really brightens and lifts the face. Now, if you spray to much of it you will feel very tight and sticky. So don't do that. I was so fascinated with this spray that I decided to spray the hell out of my face to see what happened. And it felt sticky like I had a plastic mask on. The finish is beautiful. Also it take away that old lady powder face. It really weird because my Mac fix plus couldn't fully take away the powder look I'll say it took away 80 percent. This powder took away 100 percent of the powder look. I have ud all niter and Mac studio fix and now the elf. The ud makes your makeup stay and look like skin again but it's to darn expensive. I can use my forty dollars for something else like more makeup.lol but the ud do work. Mac studio fix was my favorite for two reasons because it was my first finishing spray I ever used and because I haven't yet discovered the ud all niter. Also I tried nyx setting sprays. They was so bad that I have no comment. Long story this elf spray is really good and for three bucks. I'll keep buying this.

on 7/28/2014 9:00:00 AM

It does work pretty well for me and my makeup lasts longer than it would if I didn't use this product. Nothing to rave about. There are a lot of complaints about the spray nozzle but mine works perfectly fine. I would not repurchase only because it is not available where I live and I do not love this product enough to ship it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I can't really comment on this comparing it to other setting sprays. This is the first time I've used one. However, this is $3 and it really does the job of keeping my makeup in place and reducing shininess! What more can I ask. I have a hard time imagining that I will be buying something higher end when this works so well!

This is my favourite setting spray as it helps get rid of any powdery finish, helps my make-up stay on longer, cools my face and doesn't irritate my somewhat sensitive skin. It's also very portable so great for your make-up bag. If you find it soaks your face you need to spray the air in front of your face then walk into the mist - no soaking involved.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools