E.L.F. e.l.f. Studio 11 Piece Brush Collection

4.6

on 10/2/2012 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this set during E.L.F.'s 50%off sale. I'm glad I did! I've been using it for over a year now and so far, everything is still intact, no shedding, etc. A must for beginners too. It also comes in a travel brush holder w/c is a plus for me.
I only use a couple of the brushes and bought more of the ones that I use regularly: Powder brush, blush brush and the eyeshadow brushes. I don't use the fan brush that much though. This is a great buy and my favorite brushes so far.

on 10/2/2012 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was unsure about buying this online but as soon as I recieved it and started using it I fell in love with it! I had never heard of e.l.f. before and this brush set has given me a positive outlook of the brand. The only thing that bothers me would be the brushes breaking after a while. I've had mine for over 6 months and they are beginning to fall apart, luckily my dad knows how to fix everything!

on 7/19/2012 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I got this on sale during a special offer. I was so exited when I got it, but quickly became even more excited when I began using them. The bristles are way softer. They don't shed. I LOVE all the brushes in this package. It's really worth the buy.

on 7/14/2012 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Such a great quality brush collection! Everyone should own it!

on 7/13/2012 11:17:00 PM

It has every brush you could need! I'm not a makeup guru though :P I would recommend this to anyone!!

on 7/13/2012 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this during a special for only $3 and at that price it's an absolute steal! E.L.F.'s studio brushes are great quality synthetic bristle brushes, especially for the price. My favorite brushes from this set are: the complexion brush (I use it for bronzer), small angled brush (for eyeliner), eyeshadow "C" brush (basic eyeshadow brush, absolutely essential!), blush brush, and powder brush. I am not a huge fan of the smudge brush, contouring brush, or the precision brush. The brushes so far have held up to multiple cleanings without problems. I absolutely recommend getting this kit during a sale as it's quite a bargain.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Very good quality! I was really surprised when I used them for the first time! Aside from the strong smell of glue the quality is really good and they don't shed!

on 5/19/2012 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this set! It's got brushes that cover a wide array of functions, and all of them are soft and dense. I've noticed no shedding at all, and the bristles stay in shape well after repeated washes. I do side-eye the small smudge brush and the small detail brushes though, since those two are almost the same thing. I love the case, as well. It's flat and zippered, so it's extra-secure and easy to store. My favourite would be the complexion brush and the powder brush. Both are amazing and work so well.

Great price, too! They have the 90% off thing, so it ends up being 3 bucks for 11 brushes, which is amazing. Failing that, ELF always has those 50% off coupons, so the set is 15 bucks at most. Great deal overall.

on 5/19/2012 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this brush set on the E.L.F website for 50% off, meaning I got it for 15$. The brushes come in a black, zipper case, with the zipper saying ďe.l.fĒ. Unfortunately for me the case arrived dirty, and stained, but that isnít a big deal. Inside the case there are slots where the brushes are stored. The set includes eleven brushes; six face brushes, and five eye brushes. All the face brushes except the Concealer Brush come with brush guards. I also just want to say that all these brushes are soft, and donít shed. I will now start giving you my opinion on each brush:

Concealer Brush: This is a very nice brush. It is dense, and slightly stiff, which are good things about this brush. You donít want a flimsy, hairless brush. This brush applies concealer very nicely. I actually purchased the Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer, and was trying to apply it with my finger, but it never look good, always cakey, so I used this brush and it applies the concealer very smoothly. I would give this brush 5/5.

Fan Brush: This brush is one of the flimsy brushes in this set. It feels cheap, and it isnít a very stable brush. It doesnít have many bristles, like the Sedona Lace fan brush, which that one is much larger, and very dense. I can see this brush working for applying highlight to areas on your face, such as down the bridge of your nose, the top your cheekbones, etc. I can also see this working for swiping away eye shadow fallout. I give this brush a 2/5 just because it is soft, just like the other brushes in this set, so itís not scratchy like other fan brushes.

Angled Foundation Brush: This brush is flimsy, and cheaply made. I donít really like using it for my foundation, since it is so flimsy, leaving streaks behind. This is definitely not as dense as the Eco Tools Foundation Brush. The Eco Toolsí brush is sturdier, and has more densely packed bristles. Iím thinking of using this to apply moisturizer with, maybe cream blushes, but itís just such a flimsy brush. I give this brush a 1.5/5, because despite its softness, there are just as soft foundation brushes that are much better.
Update: After using it for some time, it decently applies my foundation without streaking. New rating: 3/5.

Powder Brush: I have a review of this brush already, which you can check out. This brush is very versatile. You can use it with foundations: liquid, creams, powders, or with blushes, bronzers, and setting powders. This is a great brush; I give it a 5/5.

Complexion Brush: This brush is your basic large powder brush. I use this with my setting powder to set my foundation. Itís very soft, just like the other brushes in the E.L.F Studio line. I give this brush a 5/5.

Blush Brush: The one I received in the set was damaged, but I already had a separate one I purchased awhile back. This brush looks like a smaller version of the complexion brush. Iím not really a blush girl (I donít wear blush so often), but I donít really like the shape of this brush. I much prefer a stipple brush when applying blush, because I get more control on where I apply the blush, but with this brush youíre basically just sweeping blush all over your checks. Or instead of a stipple brush, I would have rather preferred for this brush to be shaped like the Mac 168, allowing you to have more precision on where you apply the blush. This E.L.F brush is just awkwardly shaped for using with blush. It tapers in to a round edge, and looks similar to a standard foundation brush (I might try using this as a foundation brush). I give this brush a 2/5.
Update: Surprisingly, this brush actually applies my blush more pigmented than the stippling brush I was using. I came to actually like this brush for applying blush and would bump the rating up to a 3/5.

Small Angled Brush: I use this brush for my eyebrows, and it works great for that purpose. I can see this working as an eyeliner brush for when using powder to line the upper and lower lash lines, or you could probably use this with gel eyeliner. I give this brush a 5/5.

Small Smudge Brush and Small Precision Brush: These brushes are both very alike, although the Small Precision Brush is a tad bit bigger. These both work for the same purposes as their names. I donít see why E.L.F made two when one of these brushes would be sufficient. I give both these brushes a 3/5 because they are not unique brushes, but they are not bad either.

Contour Brush: This brush is not as fluffy as your Mac 117 brush, so it may not blend your eye shadows as well. It is also smaller than the 217, which may be a good thing for people who have smaller eyelids. I think this brush works well to apply your crease color, but you may want to get a fluffier blending brush to blend out your eye shadows. This brush is also rough on my eyelids. I could feel it scratching my eyelids, causing them to turn red because of the irritation. I would expect E.L.F to use the same bristles for all their brushes, so maybe itís just my delicate eyelids that need a brush that is beyond soft, even though all the E.LF brushes are very soft. I think their Contour Brush may be less soft than their other brushes, and it might not be my eyelids. I give this brush a 2/5 because it is just TOO scratchy on my eyelids.

Eyeshadow ďCĒ Brush: This brush is dense, compared to other drugstore flat shader brushes I have used. I love how this brush is large, because I have large eyelids. There is really not much to say about this brush, so I give it a 4/5 because even though itís a good brush, I might find better since itís such a basic brush.

This brush set is great for its price. There are only a few brushes I love from the set, so that is why I say its wonderful for its price. These brushes are much softer than other drugstores brushes that I have used. I do though want to try some other brush sets, for the reason I don't love so many of the brushes in this set. I wouldn't buy this whole brush set again.

on 5/19/2012 4:00:00 PM

Amazing and incredible for the price. If they told me this set was 3 times the price I would well believe it.
The brushes are amazing, great quality, soft, professional looking and the set contains all you need. I have order some suplicates now given how much I love these brushes.
It had to be seen I believe it... Amazing quality for the price

Popular Makeup Brushes