August 27, 2014 | 963 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Stipple

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by stormm

Not the best stippling brush out there but for the price, it does its job nicely. I use it to apply liquid foundation and I found that it gives a more natural finish compared to regular foundation brushes. I don't think it will give good results with powder products though, I never tried but I guess it is more suitable for liquid products.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Labloah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If I'm wanting a very sheer, whisper light application of a heavily pigmented product, this suits me well. Very nice for picking up and applying very sheer layers of pigmented blush or bronzer, and you can work the colour up subtly. Though I do find I prefer a fan brush for cheeks, as it gives similar coverage, but it tends to give a better shape to the area, and better control. This brush isn't much for blending, you'll need to use something else to really blend out products, as the fine, long white fibres are just a bit too long to be able to blend on their own, and the denser black bristles underneath aren't really able to blend properly because of the length of the longer fibres.

One thing I do find this useful for is for applying my EL Double Wear foundation, as I've found it gives a more natural, airbrushed effect than a denser stippling brush or foundation brush, as it's a very heavy coverage foundation, and the very fine bristles allow for sheerer application. The brush does tend to soak up liquid products, so a spritz with water before dabbing into the foundation is a must, I find it helps it glide along a little easier too. I tend to work section by section, stipple, then smooth the foundation over with the fine bristles, and give a gentle buff to finish. I also find the Double Wear is a little heavy on bristles, and will dry hard if I forget to wash a brush straight away, so I prefer to use a cheaper brush so as not to accidentally damage them.

As with a lot of the e.l.f. products, they price is nice, the quality reasonable (especially given the price), but it's not a super star or anything. A good little stand by, it's not going to hurt to have it, or break the bank. You might find some suitable applications for it, you may not, depending on the uses you require it for.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Fembot7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a nice brush, until you find out that other brushes are way better. I mean ok, for that price (3$) it's really not that big of a deal, but it's not as good as a lot of people are saying. For my taste it's not dense enough and sucks up quite a lot of product. If you don't wash your brushes too often, you can swipe your face with the leftovers (I have only used it with foundation though, it probably does a good job with cream blush). It is soft though and still does a relatively good job at creating a nice finish. But you'll need to work in the product REALLY well and take your time on this. So it's definetely not a brush to use in a hurry. But as I said, it does a relatively decent job. But I would not recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by BeccahH

This brush isn't god for much. I do better stippling my foundation with my fingers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this to apply my pigmented blushes and I love it! It helps me apply my blushes in moderation because sometimes I can overdo myself and apply too much blush. The only thing I don't like is that the handle is kinda long but I will still repurchase

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Not dense enough. Good for blush or liquid highlighter, but too flimsy for foundation etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 9:19:00 AM More reviews by StephanieIsobel12

I just got my studio stipple brush today after eyeing up a few different brands and deciding to go for the E.L.F one, I must say I was excited to use it but after reading some negative reviews I was a bit iffy on how it would work, I can now safely say it is brilliant! I haven't used any other stippling brushes as I have only just started studying for my make-up artistry qualification but I have used many other methods of applying foundation, including an airbrush system and in my opinion this stippling brush has given me a much better finish! I was only intending on doing light coverage but once you see how nice the finish is, you kinda wanna take it all the way! I love love love this brush and I can't wait to use it on my models, I think that considering its price you should go for it, I mean if you don't use it with a liquid foundation like I did (maybelline dream satin liquid, light porcelain my perfect shade!) then I'm sure you could find another use for it as it can be used with dry or wet products, all in all I say give it a chance!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by naj123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was excited to get a stipple brush. But the brush is not dense enough and I don't use it as much except for cream blush. But even then, its totally wasted.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Jwalash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really? Really? Really?!?! With all these great reviews you'd think this was ACTUALLY a dupe for a Mac 187, it's not, it's not even close!
The picture shown above looks so much more abundant hair-wise than what it actually is. It's sparse, and soaks up all liquid foundation, instead of putting it on your face. If you use expensive foundation, this is a huge con.
But wait ladies, I've found some good uses for this. If you do like to stipple on your foundation, I find taking a hair band (clean n new of course) and wrapping it around the base of this to have a little more control over the brush, and add some density. But id rather spend more money for a better brush when using expensive foundations to stipple on.
This is also good to use for blushes or bronzers that are too pigmented, since it lacks density, it doesn't pick up a lot of color. I don't wear liquid foundation regularly, but I do use this for my highly pigmented blushes to save myself from a clown face. I will definitely not repurchase this. Next time I'll be going for the Sonia kashuk I think.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

its not the best brush of elf because its not dense. but i use it for cream and powder blush, and its good for that as your blush is very pigmented and it applies it neutrally and gradually.