September 30, 2014 | 1343 users online

Loose Powders - MAC - Iridescent Powder - Golden Bronze

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by maggiealex

PRESSED FORM (2008):(discontinued) - a very good shimmery bronze powder, delivers a nice glow without beeing too glittery or too red-orange like most bronzers...pigmentation is buildable so you can use it day to night! i bought the pressed form which lasted 3 weeks ...loose form lasts wayyyy longer!

LOOSE FORM (2009): summer i bought the new loose form. the colour of this powder is definitely much more orangey-sunburnt and much more shimmery! but i like it anyway.Looks great on medium and tanned skintones and is ment to be applied with a light hand on cheeks. as with all frosty shimmery products this may enhance any skin irregularities (spots, fine lines, pores).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by sconzzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If I could only take one makeup item on to a desert island this would be it. This is the best bronzer, shimmer I have ever seen or tried, and I have tried alot. I use this nearly every day except in the middle of winter when I use silver instead. I use it over my foundation with a big Kabuki brush, I dip the brush in the powder, blow over the top of the brush to remove excess then slap it all over my face, Im really very fair and have white eyelashes ect, but this is not to dark, all other bronzers make me look very silly and dirty. this is the best ever. In NZ this is very expensive I think it is $40-50 but I would deffinitly buy it again as it lasts so long, so far I have had it for about 4 years and am maybe only half way through!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by weeks919

I can't imagine doing my face without this powder. I won a sample size last September when MAC had some kind of promotion. I have really ivory skin and other bronzers just make me look like I smeared dirt on my face, so when I got stuck with this I mistankingly thought "Great! Another bronzer to make me look dirty!" But, Im convinced I was meant to find this powder. I put over Lancomes discontinued Cosmopolitian Pink blush, and *lightly* sweep this over my cheeks to highlight with a highlighting brush. And this is nothing short of a HG product, and I seriously cannot think of any skin tone it wouldn't flatter. Don't let the intense bronze of this product fool you- its incredible. I think I paid around $25 dollars for it, and I kid you not when I say this will last me years. The itty bitty sample size lasted 6 months!!! Well worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by laprincessa323

This comes in the biggest jar, it'll last forever. So for it's price, it's well worth it. I love this bronzer, very pretty on my skin. Looks great on a night out. Easy to go overboard but gorgeous when applied correctly. I usually just put on top of my cheeks, nose, and chest area, too. Looks hot! Also great on legs, makes them look sun-kissed and sexy. Would def' buy again, although this jar will probably last my whole lifetime!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by AWILDA429

This is a def. a really nice bronzer. Very high quality but the packaging is not that great. It comes in a pretty large siffter jar but once you get it home, product moves to the top and it won't go back down the siffter holes.
It's annoying because when you dip your brush in it, it picks up SOOOO much product. And this is so finelly milled that it gets a little messy when you tap off the brush.

Other than the packaging issues I have, It's really worth the money. You'll never run out of the product since you really only need to use a tiny drop everytime.

My current uses: I mix a little in my hand with my body lotion to give me a nice moist shimmer.

Also to highlight my cheekbones, nose, chin and just a little on my forhead for that sunkissed look.

haven't tried it as an Eyeshadow yet but I will now. I'm sure its going to be gorgeous, like Amber Lights ES.

Overall, would buy again if I ever run out. I wished they did something with the packaging though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by chubbieecheeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love versatile makeup items, and this bronzer is no exception. i use this as a eyeshadow pigment, as well as a bronzer/highlighter on my face. PLEASE don't pack it on if you're using this as a bronzer or highlighter. you don't want to look like a burnt disco ball. the price is somewhat steep (i paid around 22 dollars, including tax), but mac gives us gals a generous amount of this stuff, so a jar lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

I doubt I will have to rebuy for a long time, because this is soo versatile. I am def ready for summer. But I can find myself using this even when its not summer. The MA that sold it to me said I could use it on my eyes, mix it with lotion and rub it onto my skin for instant glow. Omg why did I overlook this all this time and just bought regular bronzer from mac when I could've gotten it in loose form for just one more buck? I do love my golden, but I don't think I have to look any further now! Looks great with eversun, I can imagine this looks good with gingerly and trace gold. get it!

EDIT: Apply it the right way it could look like dirt got onto your face, so just take a small amount and just build. I've gotta try this with my new addition to bronzers, the MSF natural in DEEP Dark (for that jlo bronzy goddess look). Eek! My bronzing collection keeps building more and more I could never get enough! =) I will update whenever I do try to pair those two together.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Boots87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i LOVE this stuff...im not crazy about putting bronzer all over my face, but I noticed this at the MAC counter....my first impression was wow, this stuff is going to be way too dark...but it's actually not. it goes on beautifully! I just put it on my cheeks though to highlight them and it makes SO much of a difference on my face... it's great, it gives that perfect bronzed look..i dont know if i would recommend for an all over face bronze, might be a bit much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 9:07:00 AM More reviews by rubysubi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW! I really can't believe I'd never come across this before. The jar will last FOREVER because you use tiny amounts of it! The color is exactly as described, and its got great staying powder. I can wear this during the winter (when i'm an NC44) as well as in the summer (when i'm an NC45-50). It also looks spectacular when mixed with lotion on bare legs in the summer... SEXY! My new favorite bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 3:38:00 AM More reviews by cara1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this...can't believe I never reviewed it before! A container lasts forever! Use this mainly as my blush gives a nice, "hot" glow on the cheekbones. A makeup artist friend of mine used this for the Lenny Kravitz, "American Woman" video and mixed it with baby oil to put on the girl's bodies. Have tried it myself but it stains your clothes for everyday...mixing it with body lotion seems to work much better for that purpose. Oh it's also pretty as an eyeshadow!