April 18, 2014 | 2058 users online

Treatments - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a fantastic product! I love this for my oily-acne prone skintype with large pores. For the most I use this once a week, but when I want to deepclean it I use it twice a week. I put it on and leave it over night, and after an hour my pores are smaller and my skin is smooth with a glow. It also may help with breakouts that I sometimes get, my face has had minimal acne, and that is a huge plus for me. I have recommended this to many of my friends and for the most part they love it as well.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by cloz90

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!! I'm so impressed with this. I've used it about 5 times and it has already significantly improved and smoothed my skin tone. I will definitely be repurchasing this and recommending it to all my friends and family! Love love love it! I've paid A LOT more for a fraction of the results! This is by far my favourite product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Pinky911

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just started using this product a week ago, so the jury's still out and all that hoo-haa...BUT, I like it so far. I've been using this twice a week (Sundays and Wednesdays) so tonight will only be the 3rd time I've used the product. I've been applying it on a clean dry face in the evenings and leaving it on overnight. I definitely noticed a tingle/slight burning sensation when applying, but nothing compared to the Reviva Labs 10% Glycolic Cream I used to use. The next morning my face looks very smooth and glowing. I haven't noticed any peeling or irritation from this product. I recently started using a brush to apply my foundation and even the swirling and buffing against my skin has not caused any residual peeling the next morning. I'm not sure if this is going to make me break out or not though...which is my main concern. Over the holidays I suffered three major cysts and although my face is probably 90% clear now (small bumbs on forehead and sides of temples/cheekbones) I do not want any more cystic acne. Scars badly and makes me cry. Haha-not really...well kind of. But seriously, the scaring alone is awful. I would love to leave the house one day with NO foundation/concealer.

I am also using on a nightly basis (for the past 2.5 to 3 weeks) the RESIST BHA 9 product (also Paula's Choice) at night (on the night's I'm not using the Glycolic Resurfacing Treatment). I'm not sure how impressed I am with the BHA...I'll write a seperate review. Anyhow, as long as this product doesn't cause me to break out (I think I have some small new acne bumps on my forehead, but unsure what's causing it) then I will continue using.

Additional info on my skin routine:

Daytime:
wash face with Purpose-brand face wash (in shower)
apply Jojoba Oil to face and under eyes
also apply L'Oreal Age Perfect Golden Balm under-eye moisturizer
(once dry): apply Acne.org (Dan's) Benzol Peroxide treament - 2.5% BP
(once dry): apply L'Oreal Sublime Sun Liquid Silk Sunshield for Face SPF 50
...then (finally) apply make up

Nighttime:
wash face with Purpose-brand face wash (in shower or at sink)
apply either Paula's Choice RESIST BHA 9
twice weekly
apply Paula's Choice Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've only tried this product twice, with samples I've had, yet both times I awoke the next morning with tons of tiny zits. The first time I thought it was a coincidence, but not the second time. I had a similar reaction years ago to an oatmeal scrub that may have been too abrasive (after one use as well). I left it on overnight, but my skin was not magically smooth or anything. I can use my Skinsonic and Paula's 1% BHA lotion without reguarly without problems, and I also tried her 2% lotion for a couple days in a row, so I don't think it has to do with being sensitive to exfoliation in general. Not a fan of liquid products either.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You won't believe how good your skin feels when you wake up after applying this the night before. Not only does my skin feel amazingly smooth but it looks almost as if a difuser has been air brushed along my face.
I use this product 2-3 times a week and hope Paula never stops making it. For first time users, go easy as it is pretty strong.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Whow.
Putting it simply: Do you want to wake up with radiant, baby soft skin?
Put this on at night. You can only do it once a week and it will sting +++, but believe me, it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Myoung19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an absolutely AMAZING product!
The packaging does suck, it's like water and you could easily spill it if your not careful. Some use a cotton pad but to me that wastes too much product IMO.
I pour about a dime size amount into my clean palm, then use the fingers on my other hand to apply this on my face and neck area. That seems to work for me.

I apply this at night and since AHA products are moisturizing , I don't need to add anything over this.

After I wake up my skin is literally shockingly glowing, smooth and radiant! I was so shocked after my first use. I had a sample and immediately ordered this the next day with free shipping.

I would pay $50 for this product. It's totally HG product for me!

Doesn't not irritate, dry out, no flakes, with use. I use this twice a week, couldn't easily use this more often because my skin is not sensitive.

If your hesitant because of the price, order the sample set and see what you think.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

I can't help but add to the good reviews.
This stuff really works! The texture of my skin has improved and the uneven skin tone had been getting, well, more even.
I love how it's a clear water-like liquid, so I can use whatever other moistuiser or treatment I want on top and still not feel greasy.
I apply this with a cotton ball as I feel that when I used my fingers I would use up more product.
I have fairly sensitive skin and use this 2-3 times a week, depending on what my skin's doing at the time and other products that I'm using.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by leslie0764

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing!! Makes my skin as soft as can be. Started off leaving it on for only an hour, finally moved up to leaving it on all night. I can tell a big difference when I wake up the next morning. I cannot live without this stuff. The only downfall is the packaging, it's really runny which, in my opinion, makes it very wasteful.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by fedupwithmyskin

Started with BHA 2% for 6 days and was saw some a little result. Decided to use this on the 7th day. Had break-outs the next morning. I have smoother skin but break-outs! Sigh...