July 29, 2014 | 943 users online

Concealers - Hard Candy - Glamoflauge Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 11:18:00 PM More reviews by MsKacey

I am forever a fan of Hard Candy. i picked up my first tube of this goodness several years ago, back in college. i have been thru several tubes since then and it is my first and will be my last full-coverage concealer. The texture is GREAT, isn't too oily yet it blends wonderfully with liquid foundation. Covers like a dream, and I've never had a problem with it wearing off unless I wiped it off. Can't believe how cheap it is at Walmart considering the quality and how long it lasts. A definite great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by JessicaMary21

Every glorious thing I could say about this product has already been said. I bought my first tube last night and I am going out and buying a couple more to stash away for emergencies. I can't wait to try their other products. The quality is unbelievable and unbeatable for the price. JUST BUY IT!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

This is some serious coverage!! Very thick & color selection runs light & yellow. I personally love this stuff. There isn't any blemish I could ever have that this wouldn't cover. I use such a small amount that I could see this tube seriously lasting forever. I wish I could find this in foundation form. Their liquid foundation & CC aren't as thick.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. I use VERY VERY little and it covers great. Its not greasy, you need to squish the tube around with the top ON before you squeeze any out so that its blended. It will take me forever to use it all. After reading someone elses review I may even try to mix a little with my foundation for more coverage. Price is great, package is great since I use so little of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by gretch988

I am currently on my 4th (maybe 5th) tube of this stuff- so it goes without saying I am quite a fan.

Bought this on a whim at Walmart for about $6.00 after seeing a contouring tutorial on Pinterest- I am sure this may sound familiar to a lot of you!

I have used MANY a high end concealer and I have to say this stuff not only compares but puts the others to shame. This creamy, pigmented, stay-put formula meant only for those in need of serious coverage. I use this every day in the triangle-area beneath my eyes and any other areas I am looking to hilight. The staying-power is great and is magnified with a primer and powder. GET IT!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This little tube contains some serious stuff! I had my reservations because, well, Hard Candy? Going up against every other brand which are at least 2x as expensive as this? In a fit of curiosity, I had to give it a try. I'm about a C3/NC30 and I picked out Light/Med, though Medium may be a better match come Summer. It did seem rather light when i first applied it but then seemed to settle into my skintone. I only use a tiny bit to pat over my dark circles, pressing & patting into my skin with my fingers. You could also use a brush but I don't always use one because then there's the hassle of having to clean it and my mornings are often all about efficiency and even though i'll let a foundation brush go unwashed a few times, I just can't do that with a concealer brush... go figure. I then set with a tiny bit of powder before applying foundation. It settles a tiny bit into fine lines but if I just press it gently again with my finger or a synthetic brush, it pretty much takes care of it (and to be honest, I haven't come across a single concealer that doesn't crease at least a tiny bit, including Lancome Effacernes, MUFE Full Cover, MAC Studio Finish or Vichy Dermablend Corrector. It's the nature of the beast and I ain't no spring chicken so a tiny bit is bound to happen...)
I also wanted to point out that for me, I did not find this to be greasy as others have mentioned, but then I'm very judicious with my application. If you like to spackle it on with a trowel, you may have a different outcome. I'm decently impressed though. This is no 98lb weakling of a concealer. It stands up well to all the others I've tried and does a decent job of disguising my dark circles. I'm definitely going to pick this up in Medium when it's back in stock at my Wally World to see if it works even better with my (fake) tan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is some industrial strength stuff, folks. As others have said, most who are having issues with this stuff drying them out or creasing are likely using too much or are not setting it. If youíve tried and enjoyed Kat Von Dís Tattoo Concealer or an old stand-by, Physicianís Formula RX Concealer, this stuff will be your friend. The limited shade collection may be a con. I, for one, am the lightest shade (the exact name escapes me) and I am normally NC15. NC/W 10 could pull it off, too, if blended. It pulls neutral on me but if you need an adjustment, I mix this stuff into foundation all the time to take me through each season. I tend to pull warmer in the summer and cooler in the winter due to me freckles and slight tan during the summer.

Again, this stuff is thick, gooey, and some would say greasy but if you apply it lightly with a light brush or a damp beauty-blender type of sponge, it goes on nicely. Under the eyes, around the nose, it correct redness very well but covers almost immaculately so use it sparingly. If youíre looking to do the entire-face contour concept, this stuff is it. I use this with, again, a damp beauty-blender or E.L.F. Studio Small Stipple Brush or Studio Concealer Brush. Stipple it on lightly, blend it out, and set with powder and it generally comes out perfect. It helps to use this thick stuff over a base and helps to set it with silica powder.

Wear depends on your skin type, weather, and application/setting method. The only area it generally wears off on me is underneath the nose-piece of my glasses. It does get slick throughout a long, humid day but nothing an oil-blotting sheet canít take care of. Overall, for the price, this is good stuff to have on hand for a kit, for dramatic or special effects makeup, or for everyday use. I have repurchased multiple times already.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Kimber81

This concealer is serious. It definitely does what it promises. You need to apply over primer or foundation etc. You MUST use a brush. You only need a very small amount. I think the other reviewers might be using too much. This is very thick but can definitely be blended very well with a brush. Don't use too much. Love the tube. Lots of product. Amazing coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by SummerDew

PROS
~FULL COVERAGE~ It sets pretty quickly so unlike cream concealers that sheer out when blended or dabbed, this one really is pigmented and covers. Great for covering acne scars or pimples (but really you shouldn't be covering an active pimple!). Comes with a pencil concealer which can cover non-protruding tiny beauty marks too!
~PRICE~ I think it's $7-8? Similar texture of my expensive Lancome Effacernes Waterproof concealer though the Lancome is a bit more moist.
~LONG LASTING~ This doesn't claim to be waterproof but it is definitely long lasting compared other drugstore concealers. The formula dries and sets quickly and not that moisturizing so it really sticks to your skin better.This is truly comparable to the quality found in department store quality concealer
~PACKAGING~ Squeeze tube is great! Very sanitary compared to wands, twistables or pans. Why can't they make all concealers like this?

CONS
~DRYING~ With being so pigmented and full coverage lends itself to a dryer formula that isn't so forgiving for dry, patchy or wrinkled skin. I cannot stress how important it is to moisturize well on the areas needed to be covered.
~NOT FOR BEGINNERS~ It just more difficult to work with and doesn't easily glide across skin well. But definitely amazing once you master it. I found the best method is using your fingers to dab the tiniest amount on areas to blend. The warmth of the fingers helps the concealer meld into the skin. Remember, less is more!
~COLOUR SELECTION~ Is really bad not much to choose from and hard to find a match. I have NC 25-30 skintone and have the medium light and it's way too light and a little too cool and ashy to really conceal the under eye well. I would suggest using a darker salmon colour corrector like the one from Eve Pearl on the eye and then use the tiniest amount of this concealer to set the corrector. Like half a dot of product on each eye. This makes the concealer last longer and adjusts the shade better for under the eye. I will try to buy the medium next time to see if it's any better.

VERDICT
I really do like this concealer. It's not a concealer, I reach for everyday because it requires a little more effort and I don't tend to wear high coverage formulas often. But the coverage and lasting power really is great for when you really want to look good and flawless. It's drying but there's ways to work around it. I wouldn't use it as the only concealer on my face, I like to layer this with another creamy concealer and this is when the product shines.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I know a lot of people who swear by this stuff, and I wish I could say I've had the same luck, since it is so easy on the wallet.
I bought the lightest shave available, called "ultra light".

Pros:
- The price (about $8.00 CAN)
- This is a very creamy, very pigmented concealer (you'll understand why it's called "heavy duty"). To use it, I really only squeeze a pea-sized amount on the inside of my hand, and even then I end up with too much (this also means you're getting a real bang for your buck, please see: price).
- The packaging is my favourite kind of packaging, since it's sanitary and you have great control over how much product can come out of the tube.

Cons:
- I figured that since I have such dry skin this creamy formula would be right up my ally. I always use an eye primer before application, and I always set my concealer with a mineral powder after application, but for some reason I always experience creasing.
- I also found that the formula highlighted my dry patches. It didn't really soak into my skin, it kind of just sat on the surface (which also means that it rubbed off a lot easier as well).
- I also had issues with blending. Since the product didn't soak in as well as I'd hoped, other powders would stick to it and create this awful matted effect on my face.

Overall, Glamoflauge concealer wasn't for me. It doesn't do anything for my patchy, dry skin.