October 1, 2014 | 1757 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Siren 677

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First let me say that I am an absolute fanatic about orange and about bright colors in general.

I have more clothing, shoes, jewelry and accessories in varying shades of orange than any one woman has a right to. My bedroom is painted orange. I plan to buy an orange vehicle when at last it comes time to trade in my big blue cliche (minivan). I habitually wear makeup in tones of orange, peach, terracotta, apricot, rust, pumpkin...you name it, if it's in the orange family, I wear it. I am a green eyed red head with a warm (read; sallow) complection, so it really works for me.

I tell you this so that you will know that wearing orange is not a huge departure for me and my disappointment in this lipstick has nothing to do with the fact that I just couldn't get used to the hue itself.

It's just not pretty ladies. It's really not. I'm seriously at a loss as to explain all the high ratings because I can't think of anybody that this color would be flattering on. Bright is one thing, I adore brights. But this is....way beyond that. There are several photos above that I question. Siren is definitely not a delicate, blushing peach. No way, no how.

I'm really having a hard time defining this shade, but it is not a true orange. Nor is it coral or apricot. There is a hint of something that makes it garish and cheap looking instead of chic and trendy and iconic as I was hoping. It's really bright enough to qualify as neon, in my opinion. I was hoping for orange creamsicle or tangerine dream and what I got was day-glo traffic cone.

Also, it's very, very drying, which I found peculiar, as I have many of the Revlon super lustrous shades and have never had that problem with any of the others. It seemed to emphasize and exacerbate any dryness and flaking on my lips and settled into every little crevice. Perhaps I got one that had been sitting on the shelf too long, I don't know. The coverage was not fantastic either. I found it very sheer and took far too much product to achieve a uniform coat. The finish was odd as well; not really frosty, but not creamy either. Strange.

I wanted to love this, I really did. But it's just horrible. If you want a nice orange lipstick, try Sandalwood Beige. It's a deep orange, (maybe terracotta is a better description) so not really the "it" color for summer, but very flattering and warm and versatile and infinitely more wearable than Siren could ever hope to be. It's one of my favorite lipsticks of all time. For something with a little more WOW factor, Covergirl Lip Perfection has a shade called Impassion that is a metallic/chrome orange and is awesome for a dramatic look. Or, for a more casual look, the Colorstay Mineral Lipglaze in Continuous Coral is really beautiful. Not true orange either, but certainly truer than Siren.

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite lippies and I love the bold orange color for summer. I almost passed on this since I had moondrops orange flip but this is alot different and more of a vibrant color. A must have for those who crave brignt lipstick shades. Hope they never stop making this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by maomaouchi

I've been kind of obsessed with bright lippies lately and I have to say that Revlon's Siren is definitely in the top three of my favorite brights, along with MAC Toxic Tale and NARS Schiap. It is the perfect, fashion forward orange.

COLOR: In the tube, Siren is a true orange with very, very slight hints of red and coral mixed in for good measure. It is a creme, so there is absolutely no shimmers/glitters/pearls in it whatsoever. On my medium pigmented lips, it is slightly darker. However, I think the color in Siren on the lips is much better than the Colorburst Coral, for example, because you can still definitely tell it's a true orange, which is the look I was going for. Like most true oranges, I have to sadly say that this will probably only suit those with neutral to warm skintones (i'm NC20).

TEXTURE: Dreamy texture to the max! Opaque in a about two swipes. It has a nice light feel that isn't at all sticky or smudgey. It seems like the color really clings to your lips. I'd moisturize first because it can/will build up in the dead skin if there is any--it's not super noticeable like with some other lipsticks but it's not ideal.

WEAR: Lasts a long time for me, maybe 4-5 hours if I'm not drinking or eating. I don't have a problem with it drying out my lips but I always moisturize before application.

SMELL: None that I can detect at all. Love that.

PACKAGING: Simple, classic, functional. Simple normal-sized tube with gold. Top has a nice see-through window to see the color.

If you're looking for that iconic orange lip that's all over the place these days, you should definitely give this lippie a try. It applies as well if not better than most of my HE lippies and is amazingly bold and on-trend for a drugstore color product. Highly recommended!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Jyklove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this lipstick! Its a bright orange/coral color that looks intimidating to wear, but when actually worn, it looks gorgeous on my skintone. Highly recommended to wear during the summer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this lipstick on clearance at my CVS for ninety cents, which is why I gave it a "1" for price :) Judging from the majority of the pictures of this lipstick, I was pretty sure it would not be my cup of tea, but the one photo where it looked like a soft and tasteful peach shade had piqued my interest in trying this shade, so when I stumbled across it for such a cheap price, I just had to give it a try. Now, I'm practically 44 years old, and not into loud, bright, statement makeup. I want a naturally enhanced look from makeup...kind of a no-makeup, makeup look, but lipstick and eyeshadow are two items I will get a bit more adventurous with. Anyway, I'm happy to say that, applied lightly, I too can get this lipstick to look tastefully peachy on my lips like the one photo above. So if you too are curious about this shade, but don't care for neon bright lips, you can control the look of this lipstick with your application method. My curiosity is finally satisfied, and this lipstick now resides happily in my lipstick collection, instead of hitting the trash can. It was a good use of a dollar, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by danammelvin

I wanted to get this because in the package it looks like that super bright orange that we are seeing all over the runway. So I got it and even tho it doesn't look neon on me, the natural shade of my lips tones down the orange to and awesome beautiful color that I can wear comfortably everyday. This may actually be my "red" lipstick!

Also, as a note, the picture of the model with the blue eyes and chambray shirt is not wearing revlon. she is an estee lauder model and is wearing tom pecheaux

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by swthart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this color! I was scared to try it at first...It looked a little too bright in the tube, but I'm glad that I gave it a try. It's a beautiful color. Great color for the summer...Not a bright orange on me at all. It doesn't dry my lips and the packaging is cute.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by LuLuLuvsMakeup2

This lipstick is really pretty and you can have a bold lip or even tone it down a little by how many swipes you put on. I love this lipstick will look pretty on any skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

Siren is orange with an attitude. This is a tangerine orange with just a hint of coral for a sassy bright and bold lip. Love the formulation and staying power of this lipstick, would repurchase and highly recommend. I love Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by nurseypills

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This color is really intense. If you like bold looks, get Siren. It is a loud dark orange tone. I was hoping that it would come out more like a light peach. It is also dry and rubs off unevenly- I look like I am wearing a crazy shocking orange lipliner about an hour after I put it on. I usually enjoy Revlon lipsticks and orange colors, but not this time.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No