November 26, 2014 | 1012 users online

Highlighters - Hard Candy - Glow All The Way in Doll Face

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Sunkissed101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Am I the only one thinking..Ughh I hate this?
My highlighter I GOT was totally NON-PIGMENTED...I applied it and it just made my skin all oily and didn't deposit any color. I have a light skin tone and it didn't show up at all!! I was so disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by akharri785

After emptying my wallet over and over again for Benefit's High Beam, I began a desperate search for a new highlighter/illuminator. Let me start off my saying; I still absolutely ADORE High Beam and would happily buy it all the time if I were Bill Gates. But sadly, Bill Gates, I am not. So, in order to give my poor little wallet a break, I began researching for "comparable" highlighters. I stumbled across some good ones most were almost just as expensive as High Beam, if not more. I came across Hard Candy's Glow All The Way in Doll Face. I read some pretty positive reviews and decided to give it a try. For almost four months since first hearing about it, it was always sold out at Walmart... Always! Finally, after essentially giving up,the heaven's opened up while I was wasting time in the beauty aisle and little rays of light practically beamed down at it. I grabbed it, excitedly squeaked about it to my fiance (who didn't understand what all the fuss was about but was supportive none the less), and ran home to give it a try. Let me start off by saying that this bottle is HUGE. It will last a VERY long time. It's quite a steal for $8 and 2.7oz worth of product (see picture I added with it in my hand for size comparison). Also, the packaging is pretty cute. And I haven't had any problems with my lid not shutting tightly likes others have mentioned, so I guess I just got a good tube. Now, for the product itself, when you first squeeze it out, it's VERY pink and golden. It claims it's "infused" with 24 karat gold but I think they're fibbing there. I was seriously doubting my purchase initially BUT it blends incredibly well and melts into your skin like butter. So make sure you blend, blend, blend, ladies! It is more pink-y and golden than High Beam, which is a little more creamy and cool, but if you blend it well it still works very well and appears subtle and not over the top. For those that say it looks too much like "clubbing" make up, I find that with some great blending and light powder on top, it really isn't garish at all. If you'd like to see the difference between High Beam and this, see the picture I added. (High beam is swatched on the top of my hand and Glow All The Way is one the bottom.) I also like this packaging better than High Beam's. High Beam is quite small and I'm not a fan of "brush" applicator and it's nearly impossible to get all of it out of the jar. Glow All The Way is nice because you can squeeze it directly on your fingers. Overall, I found this product to be a worthwhile purchase. I will say that I do not think it's a dupe of High Beam but it's a pretty darn good substitute. So if you're like me and you're looking for a cheaper alternative, this is your ticket.
Good luck, ladies!

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by adares

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product does what it intends! It creates a beautiful glow on the face with a nice pink tone. It blends very well with the skin and has a nice shimmer. The only bad part I can say is that it doesn't stay on the skin for a very long time. Since the bottle is quite large it is not something that you can just casually carry around making is inconvenient to re-apply.

Also since my cheeks are a little rosy to begin with, this product does bring that out but with the right foundation it looks very nice!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by chefjordan

In my opinion, I don't think this is a dupe for Highbeam. Highbeam gives a softer, sheen type of highlight, whereas this is much more "in your face". This is a brighter pink with visible shimmer, and stays pink after blending, while Highbeam is a softer pink without detectable shimmer. It's great if that's what you're looking for, but I'll stick with my highbeam. Also, this has a TON of product in it, I can't see anyone going through the whole thing. I prefer to use this on my arms, legs, declotte (sp?) if i'm going out to the beach or something like that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a NW05 and I use this mixed into my moisturizer all over my face. It gives a nice pretty glow without being overly shimmery. I also dab a tiny bit onto my lips and its soo pretty! Definitely recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by alinguyen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the formula. Its creamy, blends out well and gives my skin a beautiful pink glow. I use a very small amount (after foundation) on the apples of my cheeks to my temples.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by ontheverge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this as an inexpensive alternative to Benefit's HighBeam. While I don't like it quite as much as high beam, I use it day-to-day and save the high beam for special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

Just want to sing the same praises everyone else is singing with this product. I wasn't sure how I should use it at first, I don't like spreading highlighters on my cheeks with my fingers...in the process I normally take my foundation off and the redness in my face shines through. But I put a dab of this in with my foundation and it makes my whole face glowy and dewy. It is very comparable (if not better since it's the best highlighter I've found IMO) to a high end product for a quarter of the cost!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by evangie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay, i just bought this (the pink one)about 5 minutes ago at Walmart. Im an NC42 in Mac and Honey Beige 34 in MUFE Face and Body. To add to that, I'm a huge Sephora addict!. This PRODUCT IS AWESOME! i've been looking for a good luminizer, i did buy Nars albatross and Mac refined bronze powder but i feel that this gave me that glow i was looking for. I almost bought a luminizer at sephora, and im glad i bought this for $8 at walmart!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by nosemdy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just love this product. I use it ALWAYS, I just can't leave home without it. It makes my face glow in such a beautiful way. Will not buy any other highlighter ever.