October 30, 2014 | 1661 users online

Highlighters - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 1

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by VoR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this highlighter for years and I'll go on using it for ever. I know there are cheaper alternatives but the few I have tried have been disappointing and I've always come back to the original and best. I really only need to use this very sparingly so it lasts me a while.

Fantastic product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by COCO792

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the perfect under-eye concealer. nothing else compares (other than MAC moisture cover concealer, which is just as perfect).

the colour is realistic and pinky :D and not yellow.

I use one or two pumps and put it onto my finger to get the full amount of product out. and then onto my eyes with my finger.

one pump for a natural look without foundation. and two pumps for a fuller look with foundation.

if you just use the brush to apply you won't get the full amount of product as it will absorb into the brush. saying that, no matter how lightly I blend, most of the product absorbs onto my finger rather than my eyes. it's better to pat I think. this also seems very thin and light in coverage, which doesn't help when blending.

apart from this being disgustingly priced, it is a very good product.
it would be my favourite but it's just too expensive. I bought 2 of these and used them up until I found MAC moisture cover (which is much better value for money). but I won't buy anymore touche eclat. this should retail for £15-17 tops.

even if this fits into your budget and your prepared to pay that much for an under-eye concealer, I still don't think it's worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* Me - NC30, normal to dry skin with occasional acne and dry spots
* Review of Touche Éclat No.1 (Luminous Radiance): (a) As a concealer, this does not work as a concealer because it does not match a true match for skin tone since it is peach-pink in tone; (b) As a complexion highlighter, the product claims that dark circles, fine lines and signs of fatigue virtually disappear but in reality, it is not a magic all-in-one. Since the color is peach-pink, it does seem to sort of “lighten” the skin but after a while, it just seems to fade right into my skin and appear virtually unnoticeable; (c) This seems to be an okay alternative to powder highlighter powders and shimmery luminescent highlighters like BeneFit’s High Beam for the area above the eye brow, along the jowl line and area below the chin.
* Pros - Light texture, easy to blend and is not chalky. Sleek and portable YSL packaging and looks nice to carry around.
* Price - €30
* Verdict - Overall, this seems to be just an okay product for me and no matter how many different ways I try using this, I don't think I'll ever fall in love with it enough to ever repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by blondex199667

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is, by far, the best product I've ever used under my eyes in terms of finish. It is also the only product I've ever had a bad reaction to. After using it for a few weeks I end up with what can only be described as welts under my eyes. I've bought it several times over the years, hoping for a different result. I most recently bought the one specifically for men, but the same thing happened.
The price is outrageous, the packaging is not great because you can't precisely control the flow. But it is the best highlighter out there, if your skin can take it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

THIS IS NOT A CONCEALER!

Getting pretty fed up with people who write reviews on this product whinging that it doesn't conceal or cover my spots etc. It was never made to be a concealer.

This is a highlighting / brightening pen people. YSL touche eclat is a beautiful gold pen. It is excellent as brightening the under-eye are, particularly if you have puffy darkened lids. You can also use this on your cupids bow to define your upper lip, place on the brow bone to highlight, practically anywhere you want. I tend to use this on my nose bridge, brow bone (before or after eyeshadow application) and under eye.
This pen probably works more noticeably on mature skin, maybe 35+ but I started using this in my mid twenties. I have had older ladies at work swear that it helps to minimise the appearance of their fine lines/wrinkles. It is obscenely expensive but then it is supposedly 'the best'. There are a lot more dupes of this product on the market but I really can't be bothered buying them all to find out as my pen lasts me about 6 months with moderate use.
I am NC20 and I switch between the no1 (pinkish light beige and no 2 yellow-toned light beige).
It's not one of my staple products though but it is nice to keep in my makeup drawer :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by sandrathp

I have tried all these type of highlighting pens and I always come back to the original pioneer, YSL, it is creamy, soft and sheer but could be layered for medium coverage. It isn't my favorite. Chanel's Lumière Eclat pen is my favorite b/c it gives more coverage and costs much lest. 57$ for the YSL is ridiculous, especially if you need coverage...then you run out after a month unless you use it sheer, 1 layer tops and very minimal. Took 1 lippie off for the cost, *absolutely* not worth 50$+tax. Otherwise, the Chanel is more suited for covering using MUCH less product and it is even more creamy and moisturizing and it 40$ compared to 50$ for the YSL. I am addicted to theses pens, but I would only repurchase the Chanel b/c of the quality versus cost issues. The Chanel lasts me about 4 months daily use b/c a little goes a long way compared to YSL that lasts 1 month! Also please AVOID the Dior highlighter Pen....unless you want to throw money in the trash. It was far the worst I have tried. It was way too drying, zero coverage, the pink color looked awfully pink, think of barbie pink....awful consistency/color/texture...and it ran out after 2 weeks. What a waist, 57 dollars in Canada...save your cash and buy a nice brush or eye palette that will LAST... for exactly the same cost !!!! It was far the most useless item in my makeup bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by dollirium

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I caved and had to try this as I love highlighters, especially with no obvious glimmer. This is a good product. The results are super subtle-but if that shadow by your nose bothers you, those under eye circles are relentless, or you do not want to rim your inner corners with glitter- this is a way more sophisticated and extremely natural look.
The packaging is so/so..I have not experienced the mold odor like some have mentioned, but if you are to apply with a brush, wouldn't you use it to blend too? The brush does not blend the product well, you need your fingers and just a swipe, it sinks into your skin quickly. There is also little consistency regarding the amount of clicks for how much product is dispensed. Sometimes too much comes out and of course, you never know when it is empty.
The feel is rich and velvety but blends really well. Not chalky, dry, or stubborn in any way.
The shade 1 is great because it is not too pink-a color I abhor in illuminators. It is more a combo of several tones..almost pale peach when applied but looks pretty light on me when blended out. I would be curious to try another shade to see if there is a difference-all and all this is very nice, and can be touched up later in the day without caking.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by emeliablack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have really bad veins and dark cicles under my eyes, i have a few techniques for using this concealer.
But i think its a really good concealer its light and covers really well i got the lightest colour there was as i was told to by the women and it is really good. You have to get like 2 shades down from your natural skin colour in concealers they have to be light.
Anyway i think this concealer covers dark circles and veins, its deffently worth the price i would go get this if i was you!!. really worth it you wont get let down.
Its also very easy to apply as its liquidy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 5:16:00 AM More reviews by misti_parrott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very disappointed with this product, mainly because it does nothing more then what the body shop version does, and seeing as your paying more for this one, you'd expect a better performance but sadly not.
I had problems with the pen click, i would keep pressing it and it came out in inconsistent splats and in terms of 'brightening' my under eye, it looked more like concealer and hardly brightened up my face at all.
I think it depend's on the individual, my friend has had it in the past and it looks amazing on her, but it's not for everyone.
If you want a good dupe, try The Body Shop's 'Lightening Touch', it works just as good, but better in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by mizzg

Love this product, have tried many other brands but none match up so this is a regular purchase which is worth the price tag.