April 19, 2014 | 1680 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation!! Its not my favourite bur i still love it! It has this perfect second skin effect that i love! I have oily skin and this gives you a semi matte finish but with a glow.. There is no glitter or shimmer so i really dont know how they do it! Packaging is great too! The only let down is this does not control oil too well and does not last as long as i would want it too! Not ideal for work days for me however if im going out anywhere in the day for a few hours etc this is perfect! Sheer to medium buildable coverage! And smells amaaaazing!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by snapyojaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a long-time slave of Laura Mercier & Chanel but I've always swayed towards Laura for everyday foundation. I was in the market for a lighter wearing, water-based foundation and was shown the Vitalumiere Aqua by Chanel.

It wears nice, the color matches well and it doesn't appear chalky or overly dewy. However, it does seem to wear off quickly and fails to cover slight redness (nose area or blemishes), making me have to layer on a heavier concealer.

If you already have close to flawless skin, this would be a great foundation for you. But for moderate coverage, it doesn't really do the job. Also, it takes A LOT to cover your full face. At least 4x as much as the Laura Flawless Skin.

I'll finish the bottle but I will be switching back to Laura or trying another Chanel product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Miloshy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

well...I love this foundation because it looks so natural, it's like putting on your face another layer of perfect skin. I usually get a medium coverage by using Chanel n.6 foundation brush (I squeeze the bottle 2 times...so yeh the amount of 2 pumps)....I tried applying it with the real tecniques miracle complexion sponge and i don't know why but it didn't look so good...usually that sponge makes my other foundations look so good on me (Chanel Perfection lumiere and Smashbox 15 hour hydratying foundation). I tried applying it also with my fingers but I didn't like the result, I guess I'm not good at using my hands since I always use brushes. I've got a couple of acne scars on my chin and occasional breakouts that I cover up with green concelear and then on the top I apply this foundation so my skin looks flawless. I didn't break me out, it's not comedogenic, it doesn't contain any oils. I just hate shaking it all the time. But I'm definitely gonna repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by IsaRiquezes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite foundation for everyday use, it is very light and looks natural, but still gives you the right coverage, plus a healthy looking glow. I also loooove how this smells. No break outs, no dry patches. Totally worth the splurge IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was wowed by this foundation! Have been using Armani's Lasting Silk for about 2 years and I thought there is nothing like it! Light-medium coverage, natural look, not drying, no break-outs, easy to apply - just perfect. Until I tried Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup with SPF 15 (Beige 30). I love the fact that this foundation is water based, feels super light but also creamy enough to blend. It is easy to apply with any foundation brush (or fingers) and feels very light, very natural. (It is best to use rich moisturizer underneath, if you have dry skin type like me). With this foundation I feel like I have no foundation on at all - it is not sticky, greasy or anyhow noticable. It leaves my skin looking amazing, love it!
P.S. After my test of applying Armani on one side of my face, and Chanel on the other side for a week, I came to conclusion that these two foundations are almost the same. Except Armani's is a little bit more moisturizing, Chanel - more matte. I think Chanel would be better for normal-oily skin types, and Armani for normal-dry. Great quailty, no break-outs, love them both. Only Chanel costs $42, and Armani $62.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 5:54:00 AM More reviews by Nikolinabobic0706

The best !! 👍

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Terubozu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I must say after I put this foundation my skin looks really amazing. However, it doesn't give you much coverage so I have to use a thicker foundation (maybelline colorstay) to have full coverage. I can say that this foundation gives me the final touch that I need :) Oh, it must be shaken VERY well before use!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edmonton has dried my skin out a lot, and since I have sensitive skin and all, I decided to go on a little foundation hunt.

I have a sample of this in shades Beige 10 and 20. I was originally going for the heavier one but I realised that it has a smaller range of shades available in Canada

the formula is very lightweight and feels hydrating upon application. It dries to a natural demi-matte finish that does not look greasy on my T-zone. Wears for the entire day and night with primer/setting spray (I used Evian).

I'll end up buying either this or DiorSkin Forever thingy. :)

Worth the splurge as long as you get the correct colour match!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:08:00 AM More reviews by TezzaAus

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this makeup. I have bought it many times. I have a heavier makeup for all day wear for work or a special night out, but I have always looked for one that is light and easy to apply and wear and that is just right for when you have to pop out to the shops or you're meeting a friend for lunch.
I don't want to look too made up and I don't want to feel like I have to spend ages getting ready for something casual.
But at my age (I'm over 50) I don't feel happy going out in public with nothing.
This makeup is fabulous. You can apply it easily with your fingers and don't need a special brush or expensive sponges. You can use a little more, or a primer, if you want more coverage or for it to last longer.
Otherwise shake the bottle, pour a bit out, apply and off you go!
I've been to every counter in the department store and over the last five years have tried just about every brand that makes a light foundation, but have always come back to this one.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Kayleighkayyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After watching a lot of youtubers that were absolutely obsessed with it I decided I had to see if it was worth the hype. At first, I was not impressed whatsoever. In fact, I was blown that I spent almost $50 on it. But then I realized the shade I picked was too light for my skin and I swapped it out for a different one and it was fabulous!!! It covers just enough to still look natural but flawless. PERFECT everyday foundation!