November 20, 2014 | 1714 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Asianlily

This is an excellent foundation for someone who has minimal skin problems. It is extremely sheer and light on the skin hence does not provide much coverage that some women want. I, however, absolutely love this foundation. It looks and feels so natural and most importantly does not oxidise on me. Hard for me to say this, but I think this is my HG and it is better than my Chantecaille Future Skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by karinasilva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING FOR MY SKIN TONE

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by bubblewarped

I do really like this foundation, though I will probably move on to new things when I'm through with the bottle (mostly due to price - if that weren't an issue I would repurchase). I'm NC20 and bought 10 Beige, though I kinda wish I'd gotten 20 Beige because my face does have a pale, almost chalky cast immediately after applying. After it settles in and oxidizes though, the color match is on point and the finish is SO lovely - not exactly dewy (because in my experience dewy just means kinda shiny) but satiny... matte where it needs to be but still gives you a bit of a glow. I use a brush, either my Sigma F80 or Mac 187 stippling brush to blend the foundation out after spreading it over the general area I want to cover. Coverage is light-medium and somewhat buildable, but not super heavy duty and it doesn't 100% conceal scars or dark spots. I think it's the perfect product for layering over a good concealer because it's light, sinks right into your skin and is relatively hydrating without being greasy. I try to front and say that my skin is combination (I do get dry patches on my cheeks) but when I get the midday oilies, I get OILY, so I often have a problem with liquid foundations turning me into a disco ball after 2 hours. Not so much with this one!

That said, it may not be as totally hydrating as some would like it to be because it's still foundation and not a tinted moisturizer, regardless of Aqua this or that. On bad skin days, it can sometimes accentuate dry flakes on the sides of my nose or cling to dull skin under my eyes. I've never experienced a foundation, high end or highest end, that can act as a replacement for good skincare, so I don't see this as much of a detractor. Also I really like that it's got some sun protection factor (15!) for everyday outing and abouting.

The packaging is just okay. I do like that it's lightweight, much like the product itself, and absolutely perfect for travel but sometimes I find it's very easy to over-dispense, especially after shaking the bottle a bit. Like it just suddenly splorts out when I squeeze a little too hard (ahem) and then I have a bunch of foundation I have to slather on my face so I don't feel like I wasted it. Luckily it's light enough that you'll never really look overly caked up but still. I'm also surprised by the amount of product there is. When I received it in the mail I was actually a little disappointed, thinking I'd run through the bottle in a month but I've been using it for months now and I can tell there's still a good amount left when I shake the bottle. I do wish you could more clearly see how much you've got left though, and I'm worried about product waste when it does get to the end, as there's no way you can get inside the bottle.

And the smell is lovely... like I really, really like the smell. Really only adds to the 'luxury' of the product but worth noting haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Where have you been all my life? I have combination skin, which aloud me to test for both oily and dry skin. I don't know how it does it, but everything was so light and fresh and I don't have to powder on my oily T-zone and my cheeks isn't feel dry at all. Smell amazing, kinda fruity floral. I don't think it's similar to Bourjois healthy mix serum. The Bourjois one makes me look like a disco ball with a ton of oil. It's perfect to use everyday since it contains SPF 15 and also broad spectrum. I can't tell if it last all day or not since I use it with my Monistat primer. But so far, so good. I love this. One of my HG foundations. I travelled with this since the it's so small and the fact that it's a plastic bottle saved me a lot weight during shipping and travel.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Makeupmonica

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is excellent, I have normal/dry skin and this is by far the most hydrating foundation that I have EVER used it is so incredibly beautiful. After being disappointed by my first high end foundation (makeup forever hd) I was skeptical on spending a large amount of money on something that wouldn't be anything special but I was so pleased with this foundation. The formula is very light and thin, it's not full coverage but that's okay. I don't have much to cover and for everyday it's just a comfortable foundation with a beautiful finish. It can be layered for a little more coverage but it's very practical for the daily. Will repurchase for sure!
PROS:
Light weight
Hydrating
A little goes a long way
Beautiful luminous finish (but not too shiny)

CONS:
Packaging is stuff and unpractical
Not long wearing

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by vanessa2009

I liked it for a good while and intended to repurchase it. I didn't like the colouring much, but it worked for my skin (though I'd prefer more yellow and peach if that makes any sense at all). I had a lot of redness on my nose that was difficult to cover, but using this plus a stippling brush did the trick. Only, I had a lot of dry flakiness on my nose, and this seemed to accentuate it even though it is meant to be hydrating. When the flakiness healed up, I used whatever I had left in the bottle, and I got SO shiny within 4 hours... and I usually last 6 hours before I start to get slightly shiny. I don't know if my skin conditioned changed, if I had used a different primer, or if it was always this oily and I simply got used to a better oil-controlling foundation in the time I stopped using this. During the time I stopped using this I switched to NARS Sheer Glow.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Totski

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have combination to oily skin, between NC25-30 in MAC. I got this VA in B20 which was a bit light but B30 was a bit muddy (story of my life). I used a bit of bronzer to help. I really liked the finish of this foundation - not too dewy, not too matte, i happen to also like the smell. The problem is, my t-zone became shiny in just a couple of hours. It didn't slide off or goop jp, thank goodness, just too much blotting throughout the day. If you have more normal to dry skin, this would probably work better for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by rosateh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this....it makes my skin so natural looking. I was looking for a light foundation that covers my uneven cheeks color only bc I do not have any pores problem. Yup, it does a decent job. It was recommended that you apply it with your fingers but what I love to do is to apply with my Tarte foundation brush with some setting spray on it. I love the its simple packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A single word describes your skin with this foundation: luminous. I start with a thin layer of Base Lumiere (also by Chanel) followed by a super-thin layer of this foundation. In the beginning, I would use a foundation brush to apply it but now I find that using my fingers gives the best application. I reach for this foundation more than any other in my foundation wardrobe. It's like wearing nothing at all, only better. The SPF of 15 is an added bonus, but if I plan on being in the sun, I layer their UV Essentiel sunblock or Le Metier's Replenishing Daily Solution on first as a primer. It's an expensive product, that's for sure, but well worth the money. Plus, you use so little that a 1 oz. bottle lasts for months.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by katarinapierce

Amazing foundation on good-skin days. It is true that it is ultra-light and looks like a second layer of your skin. Received a lot of compliments!
The only downside is that it looks kind of cakey when I apply my second layer. Probably because I have really dry skin the alcohol in this foundation reveals my dry patches almost instantly. I can only tolerate one layer but it's alright. The result is heavenly.
Four lippies.