August 20, 2014 | 1089 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by mizz_kay

I have this in the Seaglass Trio with shades Jade, Seafoam and Sun sparkle. I was so excited to try them on when I bought them. However, when applied the colours looked nothing like the colours on the tray. I was really disappointed. I have tried Eye Enhancers in other colours, especially a nice bronze palette, and they've worked alright so I will take off two lippies only. I won't buy the Seaglass palette again but may buy other colours.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 2:55:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I'm surprised that Cover Girl has not improved their eye shadow formula in the last ten years. The colors look great in the packaging and they are very cheap. However, when you apply it the color is not as rich. The applicator that it comes with is very scratchy and irritates the skin. It is like using fine grit sand paper to apply eye shadow. Also, the powder disintegrates easily and goes on splotchy. The consistency is very bad. I'll be sticking to my L'oreal Eyeshadow.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2008 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Knuckleheadred

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought all of the new colors when Rite Aid had a b1g1free sale on them...which made them around $1.66 each I think.
I thought for the price you couldn't go wrong.

The color inside the packaging is gorgeous! However, it takes packing this product on your eye to get any type of color pay off at all.

I used a primer before applying them, and they looked pretty darn good for about 2 hours. After that they faded and left me with gross greyish blue mess on my lids.

I will say however that I didn't have any problems with :Lime Alive" staying in place with a good payoff all day. It was the only one however.

I gave these to my 5 year old to play dress up with.....for her they work great...for me...not so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2008 6:10:00 PM More reviews by _Vivica

Why can't I give this a 0. 1 lippie is too much for this. I recently lost my job and I'm working at finding cheaper alternatives. The tropical fusion quad was on sale for 2.99 so I gave it a try.

First ugh that smell. It's that odd powder smell that all drug store powders used to have. Reminds me of my Cinderella play make up I had when I was 6. I didn't even want to put it on my face to begin with.

I started with some swatches on my arm. Little to no color pay off there. I figured it would be different on my eyes with some UDPP. Nope, same deal. Little to no color pay off. I had to cake the stuff on to even make it visible.

About 3 hours later I checked in a mirror to see if it had any lasting power. It was completely gone, except for a really obvious clump in my crease.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by CatVeronica

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a 3-shade Eye Enhancer in Fields. The khaki, army green, and forest green colors of the set are nice, neutral colors. But what I like more than the colors is the quality. These are GREAT eye shadows. Without any primer, I used this eyeshadow early one morning and it was set just as I applied it by the end of the day, with absolutely no creasing. I was amazed. Having oily eyelids, my eye shadows is usually completely creased by the end of the day. That was not the case with these eye shadows. I highly recommend them!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by tangerinetomato

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

These eye shadows are horrible. They aren't pigmented at all. The color you see is not the color you get. Also they aren't long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 6:49:00 PM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this (730 Swiss Chocolate) shade in a pack along with Cover Girl lash blash mascara (805 Black) and a perfect point plus eyeliner (210 Espresso) for about $10. I really love this brown colour! I have hazel eyes.. so I love to use it with a bit of pink. I don't have a problem with it wearing off really and it goes on smooth! I also got this in Lavender Twist a while back, but I have other favourite purple shades, so I don't use it often, though it's not bad!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by EriBaby1920

Well I wanted to give Cover Girl products a try because of they're affordability. So I gave their Eye Enhancers a try ( which I have in a Quad in Fard Accent). But I was not pleased, the colors are not really pigmented and they tend to fade after a few hours (even with primer) On the other hand, some have pretty shimmers which even if the color fades is still there. But, overall, if you like a pretty highly pigmented look, then these are not for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by kkscottdale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to try this because it would be my first time trying eyeshadows and it was cheap compared to other brands.

I didnt like the packaging which every time I opened it,it spat out the useless aplicator out onto the floor. The applicator is complete bulls***.But I wasnt planning on using that anyway. The colors are VERY sparkling,not my style really. And the colors fade quickly too. I bought 3 of the CG eyeshadows unfortunately which was a Gold Sizzle, Golden Sunrise,and a another brown shade( I forgot its name.)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by mikodoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I only use this eyeshadow in "Shimmery Onyx" when creating a smoky eye look. I haven't been able to find another black shade with so much sparkle. Either when I'm applying it with an angled brush or by the end of the day, little black flecks gather near the corners of my eyes. In addition to putting a base on my eyelids I have to wet the brush before putting it on the powder and just hope that it still won't fall all over the side of my face. I haven't felt compelled to try this in any other shade. When I find another eyeshadow powder in a black with as much sparkle, I won't be using this anymore... I hardly even use it now.